Old 07-26-2008, 08:22 AM   #1
rboy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
PIN: 24A231B9
Carrier: at&t
Question when?

Please Login to Remove!

when is at&t going to compete with tmobile prices? there are beating the hell out of at&t and they want even fight back. i understand you suppose to have the best coverage; which i believe they do cause i tried everyone out. but you at least should compete or match some of these lower rates. when my contract is up im running to tmobile. i would now but i would have to pay 7 cancelation fees. tmobile family plan is way better than at&t. the unlimted plan comes with text and picture messaging. 150.00 for the fist two lines and 59.00 for additinal lines with messaging included. at&t charges 99.99 per line and chargesfor messaging too. with 2 blackberry plans and 2 family unlimited plans it would cost me 517.00 plus taxes to enjoy unlimited calls and messages for all seven people on my account. i pay more than that right now with at&t and 2 lines are unlimited and the others are on a family plan not unlimited. if i want to get what tmobile is offering on at&t i would have to pay 790.00 plus taxes. it might just be worth paying those cancelation fees to save 273.00 a month to get the plans i want.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:41 AM   #2
bigolsparky

Model: 9550
PIN: t of Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
Carrier: VZW and ATT

Wirelessly posted (8310)

Wow,

I have 3 lines with ATT, 1 Blackberry Unlimited, 850 minutes with rollover and unlimited text for all 3 lines for approximately 140 a month. I do get the Small business discount, but I am not getting to the numbers you are quoting.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:44 AM   #3
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

they never match tmo. no need to.
they do sometimes match vzw.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:03 AM   #4
rboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigolsparky View Post
Wirelessly posted (8310)

Wow,

I have 3 lines with ATT, 1 Blackberry Unlimited, 850 minutes with rollover and unlimited text for all 3 lines for approximately 140 a month. I do get the Small business discount, but I am not getting to the numbers you are quoting.
i might be a dollar off on tmobile additinal lines price on the family plan. i just talked to my wife about switching. she doesn't want to; she said all her friends and family are on at&t. it would hurt thier minutes if we go to tmobile. now im stuck in a hard place. i might just swtich and dont tell her! those friends and family dont pay my bills! ha ha ha!
Old 07-26-2008, 09:06 AM   #5
rboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
they never match tmo. no need to.
they do sometimes match vzw.
i didn't know that. what are they going to do buy tmobile since that cant beat them? thats what some companies do.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:37 AM   #6
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

What makes you think T-Mobile is for sale?

If you don't like AT&Ts pricing, then switch. No one is keeping you on AT&T.

Capitalism (and choice) at its finest.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:46 AM   #7
Oxxy^Moron
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 950
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboy View Post
... those friends and family dont pay my bills! ha ha ha!
Sounds like a very practical man! ha ha ha

I can't help laugh, pardon me, but it is like those who lease those really expensive car and they rent an apartment. Pleasing somebody, trying to impress them when they don't know you, is like staying on a device plan just because your friends' wife are on the same carrier.

To the OP, I'd suggest do your calculation and if it comes out cheaper to cut your contract and pay the fees, then do it!

edit: oops, you are the OP ha ha

Last edited by Oxxy^Moron; 07-26-2008 at 09:47 AM..
Old 07-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #8
rboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxxy^Moron View Post
Sounds like a very practical man! ha ha ha

I can't help laugh, pardon me, but it is like those who lease those really expensive car and they rent an apartment. Pleasing somebody, trying to impress them when they don't know you, is like staying on a device plan just because your friends' wife are on the same carrier.

To the OP, I'd suggest do your calculation and if it comes out cheaper to cut your contract and pay the fees, then do it!

edit: oops, you are the OP ha ha
i guess the joke is on me; if i do swicth without her knowing she will find out right away when her phone says tmobile when she turns it on. she probaly will have her friends and family hiding in the house to jump me when i come home one night. i can get her the same color curve and use her skin that she uses to hide the tmobile on the outside; is there anyway to hide the tmobile that shows everytime you turn your phone on?
Old 07-26-2008, 10:15 AM   #9
Oxxy^Moron

You're right. That scenario is pretty ugly. I would suggest, to talk some sense to your wife and discuss things properly, since we wouldn't want you getting into trouble. Just present her your numbers and not just word of mouth. Women are not so much into "math" (majority) and can't really make an informed decision as to what "practical" is. Of course, unless it says "SALE" on it.

Work your numbers, probably use a spreadsheet. Label columns correct to identify which are the amount spent (expense), proposed carrier and their monthly subscription and savings in another column. Women need to see the numbers. They need to visualize to make more sense on what you are saying, especially when it comes to their "wants" and "needs".

Good luck!
Old 07-26-2008, 10:37 AM   #10
rboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxxy^Moron View Post
You're right. That scenario is pretty ugly. I would suggest, to talk some sense to your wife and discuss things properly, since we wouldn't want you getting into trouble. Just present her your numbers and not just word of mouth. Women are not so much into "math" (majority) and can't really make an informed decision as to what "practical" is. Of course, unless it says "SALE" on it.

Work your numbers, probably use a spreadsheet. Label columns correct to identify which are the amount spent (expense), proposed carrier and their monthly subscription and savings in another column. Women need to see the numbers. They need to visualize to make more sense on what you are saying, especially when it comes to their "wants" and "needs".

Good luck!
i going to try; i will hit you back with the results.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:54 PM   #11
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Well,. you will need to probably sneak away her phone to change the SIM out, otherwise, most devices won't look different from a change of carrier, other than what it says on the top screen "Tmobile" or "AT&T".

Talking to her first is probably the best idea. Good luck.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:47 PM   #12
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboy View Post
she doesn't want to; she said all her friends and family are on at&t. it would hurt thier minutes if we go to tmobile.
Free nights and weekends! That's what they're there for!
Old 07-26-2008, 05:38 PM   #13
rboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
What makes you think T-Mobile is for sale?

If you don't like AT&Ts pricing, then switch. No one is keeping you on AT&T.

Capitalism (and choice) at its finest.
i was thinking about cancelation fees; but now my wife is in the way. i have been working on her allday! well if tmobile is not for sale why want they buy at&t? i wish!
Old 07-26-2008, 05:44 PM   #14
rboy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Well,. you will need to probably sneak away her phone to change the SIM out, otherwise, most devices won't look different from a change of carrier, other than what it says on the top screen "Tmobile" or "AT&T".

Talking to her first is probably the best idea. Good luck.
i can get her sim; im going to wait 3 months until she has our new child and do it no matter how she feels. im going to blame it on blackberry forums when its done! i might just leave her on at&t and switch the rest of my lines.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:32 PM   #15
Oxxy^Moron

ahhhh pregnancy.... the biggest excuse a woman can get away with anything -- of course except murder.. ha ha ha

But hey, if money is not an issue -- better be happy than be right!
Closed Thread