BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 04-22-2006, 10:32 PM   #61
finch
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A

Please Login to Remove!

Nope, still no drivers or AppleScript to make it work as yet...
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 02:44 PM   #62
proussak
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDenis
Very late for this postings, but here is one solution I have found for the doubling of address book entries. What I found out was that the syncing was mis-mapping addresses. What was previously a home address started showing up as a business address on one sync (on my home Mac). Then when I re-sync'd my BB at work to Outlook, since the addresses were now in a different field on the BB, Outlook saw them as different entries and thus added a new one. I believe this could happen in any multiple computer situation - not just using Outlook on Windows. The problem comes from the setting in PocketMac that still assumes (on its face anyway) that you have to choose which address to sync - either home or work addresses. Buried in PocketMac's help, however, is an instruction that if you have a more recent BB that has multiple address capability you should set the "home vs work" selection to "work" and then it will sync all the addresses properly. NOT intuitive and I would have appreciated knowing that before my addresses doubled!
I'm using a new TMO 8700 and having the same kind of issues. I do have the Address option set to Work and yet am still getting multiple duplicates, whether I sync to Entourage or AddressBook. The TMO rep, generally useless on this, suggested it might be something to do with having blanks in the Name fields in some of my Contact entries, and there may be something to this since the duplicates mostly seem to be just Company names (which the BB has now inserted in all possible name fields, including first and last). Wondered if anyone has any new input on this subject. Thanks
Old 05-09-2006, 11:50 PM   #63
cellhead
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Angry PocketMac Wiped Out My Entourage Calendar

Ok. Here is the deal. Initial sync only went in one direction from the BB to Entourage. I wanted it to blend both calendars. Then when I tried to troubleshoot using clean sync and clean pocketmac I then tried to sync again and all my calendar entries were wiped out except for those that came over from the BB. What the heck is going on here?

This has been one of the more frustrating experiences I've had with BB.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:41 AM   #64
cwokral

Model: 7250

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellhead
Ok. Here is the deal. Initial sync only went in one direction from the BB to Entourage. I wanted it to blend both calendars. Then when I tried to troubleshoot using clean sync and clean pocketmac I then tried to sync again and all my calendar entries were wiped out except for those that came over from the BB. What the heck is going on here?

This has been one of the more frustrating experiences I've had with BB.
I experienced similar problems over a year ago, and PocketMac tech support was useless. I ended up loosing large amounts of data. Ultimately, I ended up piecing together my information and switched to iCal and Address Book (from Entourage) and things seemed to work much better. Since this change, I haven't lost any info nor wasted time trying to make everything work. You may wish to give this a shot.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:54 PM   #65
cellhead

Model: 8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwokral
I experienced similar problems over a year ago, and PocketMac tech support was useless. I ended up loosing large amounts of data. Ultimately, I ended up piecing together my information and switched to iCal and Address Book (from Entourage) and things seemed to work much better. Since this change, I haven't lost any info nor wasted time trying to make everything work. You may wish to give this a shot.
Thanks for the tip. I switched to iCal but amunable to get the BB to recognixe and import the iCal calendar...I'm bumming.
Old 05-13-2006, 06:35 PM   #66
oodude69

Model: 7130e

I just installed PocketMac on my PowerBook G4 and nothing happens when I plug in my 7130e. The icon in the menu bar says no device connected.

I had very bad experiences with PocketMac when I tried to use their product to sync my iPaq, so this doesn't really surprise me. I'm bummed that I have to manually enter addesses into the 7130.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:15 PM   #67
cwokral

Model: 7250

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellhead
Thanks for the tip. I switched to iCal but amunable to get the BB to recognixe and import the iCal calendar...I'm bumming.
Hi Cellhead,

You will likely have to reinstall PocketMac from the very beginning, and select which program you wish to sync with during the install process. I believe that is how I got it to work.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:35 PM   #68
hypermaster
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Airtel

I have a problem..
i'm actually from Mumbai, India & am currently in New york.
i've bought a BB8700 here & i want to transfer my contacts & Calender & memo's and hopefully my email to my BB8700 from my current BB7230.

the thing is that i'm staying with my friend & he has a mac.
is there someway i can simple backup my email's, contacts, calender items and memos & then connect my BB8700 and then restore all this from the mac to my new BB8700.
I cant sync, cause he's got his data on it and i dont want to disrupt that.
Reg. Servic Books etc, i can simply login thru BB's website & send myself the service book.

Please help me...thanks a lot guys.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:25 PM   #69
debsbb

Model: 8700g

Hi everyone,
I just synced my powerbook g4 to my 8700g and have no idea what I have done. Ical synced over well and the address book too, but I have all these NOTES and TASKS that must have come from my calendar appts in ical or stickies or something. I want to take these off my computer but I don't know where they came from. Any ideas? i have things from 2 yrs ago on my blackberry as current tasks. Ugh. A newbie.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:35 PM   #70
debsbb

Model: 8700g

So I've figured out a little bit more of what I've done. My bb MEMOPAD has hundreds of old entries from ical from when I synced. Is there any way to keep ical from doubling these into bb calendar and memopad? They are really calendar entries, not memos/tasks. Maybe I set my preferences on PocketMac wrong. Does anyone know how to a) erase these or undo this process and/or b) not have this process repeat next time I sync. Thanks for your time if you can help!
Old 08-21-2006, 12:10 PM   #71
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

I'm syncing my BB 7105t with Entourage and so far, so good. I did get a few phantom enteries in my Entourage address book - no info, just a blank contact - but that's not a worry. Is there some way to pick out contacts in Entourage and designate them not to be synced?
Old 11-16-2006, 07:06 PM   #72
moetazthabet

Model: 9000
Carrier: Mobinil

New BB 8700 owner, i am using Mac OS X 10.4XX. i seem to be able to have the pocketmac sync fine with th BB via USB but i am unable to do that with Bluetooth. Can someone kindly take me through the steps on how to do so. baring in mund that i have mapped the serial port in BT for the blackberry.
THanks,
MT - [email address]
Old 02-12-2007, 01:43 AM   #73
rene

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

I've been using PM v3.X with my 8700r without issue for some time now. Recently I had to reformat my HD in my PB and reload all my apps. Now, PM goes through the motions, but NOTHING syncs! I went to PM site and guess what... they no longer support v3!

After what many of you have said about v4, I'm extremely reluctant to switch to v4. I just want to get v3 syncing again. Anyone have any suggestions or experienced a similar issue?
ren
Old 02-14-2007, 10:43 PM   #74
acnst
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: not configured
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by moetazthabet
New BB 8700 owner, i am using Mac OS X 10.4XX. i seem to be able to have the pocketmac sync fine with th BB via USB but i am unable to do that with Bluetooth. Can someone kindly take me through the steps on how to do so. baring in mund that i have mapped the serial port in BT for the blackberry.
THanks,
MT - [email address]
A sync via BT is not possible.

for Microsoft Exchange

Old 02-15-2007, 06:16 PM   #75
hansax

Model: 8700
Default Sync problems

Hi, I am a new 8700g (t-mobile) user. can't get PocketMac v.4.0 to work with my G5 (ppc-non intel). I had v.3.12 on the same computer syncing with my 7100t and it worked fine. got any suggestions? Thanks
Hansax
Old 02-15-2007, 06:22 PM   #76
hansax

Model: 8700
Default Looking for PM v. 3.xx

Do you have v.3.xx as an installer? I have 4 and it sucks, no matter what I do can't get it to work and no tech support in sight (except a $60 phone call-yeah right!)
hansax
Old 04-07-2007, 11:58 PM   #77
dwdmguy@optonline.net

Model: 8703

Thank you for posting this.
You did however forget the option of Missing Snyc for Mac/BB

This will allow you to still use your mac apps such as Address book, iCal
Best,
Old 05-15-2007, 01:02 AM   #78
Sealndw

Model: 8830?
PIN: N/A

anyone have any issues with their contact books getting all messed up when they sync?
Old 05-15-2007, 01:26 PM   #79
Sealndw

Model: 8830?
PIN: N/A

NVM... i found that answer in another string
Old 06-05-2007, 03:03 PM   #80
soesraider

Model: 8700r
Carrier: Rogers :(

Hi All,

I'm a bit confused with some of the software names floating around, since very few sound familiar to me. I'm trying to do research to see how much of a pain it is to switch to the Mac platform, but continue using a BlackBerry. PocketMac seems like the standard way to go, but I'm confused abotu something: If I run Outlook on the Mac along with PocketMac, will PM allow me to sync the BB to Outlook? I'm reading a lot of cute names for apps and applets that deal with or are included with PM, but I can't find anything that would tell me that PM can simply talk to Outlook, and transfer data back and forth with the BB (along with the other standard sync'ing requirements of course).

Thanks in advance for any direction you can provide,

SR
8700r / BIS