Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 07:11 AM   #1
rmd0311
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon
Default Charging my VZ 8330...

Please Login to Remove!

So I got my 8330 yesterday from Verizon. I charge it for a few hours before I connect it to me PC to change over PINS from my old one and do a first sync. After a few hours, I disconnect the blackberry and go to buy some food. I come back and now the computer will not recognize it. I figure maybe its the PC.. So I connect it to the wall and nothing. No charging.

I take out the battery, leave it out for 30 secs, put back in and again NOTHING. At this time I am sure there is something wrong, i go to another wall outlet with the same result. Restart the computer with the same result.

I figure I would just stop by the store on the way home. When I get there its charging. I say WTF... I get home connect it, again its charging. When I go to bed connect it, and again, charging.

I wake up today though, look at the BB and nothing. It is fully charged though. It's this just a feature of the 8330 and if so, shouldn't the USB remain working even if its not charging.

Thanks for your help.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:19 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Yes, the charging symbol disappears when fully charged... what more than 100% do you want?

The USB remains working there is just no reason to continue charging past 100%, so the symbol disappears.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:31 AM   #3
rmd0311
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550

Come on Sanders... Everybody knows that a BB is not charged till its not 120% charged. It has to be able to go that extra mile.

But seriously, with my past BB's I used that as an indicator that it was actually connected. Thanks for the heads up and this will hopefully stop other people from asking the same question.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:36 AM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd0311 View Post
hopefully stop other people from asking the same question.
hahaha
Old 05-10-2008, 06:39 PM   #5
evandt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: AT&T

Strange but I found the same thing happening. was working, charging etc. when i plugging into my PC it was charging and recognized but after trying the "Switch Device" thing it no longer recognized or charged on any computer or the wall charger. I was ready to throw it in the trash when I saw that I had discarded the USB cable that came with the 8330(I figured I have too many of these BB usb cables), I gave that cable a shot and all the sudden working and charging perfectly.
keep you posted on further developments but for now its a quick fix that's working for me.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:12 PM   #6
evandt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: AT&T

just got a new one as a replacement, plugged into CPU usb and then it wouldn't charge anywhere else. what I noticed was the Blackberry USB cable that came with my curve was bending one of the pins, I killed the cable, corrected the bent pin and it now works on everything.
Closed Thread