Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
megaman1

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default Unusual Password Keeper Issue

Please Login to Remove!

Today I replaced an old Storm with a new Storm replacement.

Did a complete reinstall/configuration..everything working perfectly except Password Keeper.

When I select the application it has the following message at the top of the screen:

"A password entry created on 8/15/2007 is protected by an old password. Please enter the old password to convert the entry"

This is not the typical "I forgot my password and only have 10 attempts before my system wipes" problem. Please don't give me those solutions.

I know the correct password...and it seems like my phone knows it too. It simply wants me to give a previous password to "Convert" the current password.

Got my first BB 8830 in July, 2007. Used a temporary Password Keeper password for a couple weeks then created the current password in August 07 which I've been using since. (I can not remember that temp password)

FYI, the current error is not limiting me to 10 attempts...I've tried 50 different password attempts and there is no threat of wiping/locking my system.

When I upgraded from my 8830 in november everything loaded and worked in my first Storm just fine. It is this install from one Storm to the other that is not working. Even using the same backup I used to move from the 8830 to the first Storm is not working.

I have plenty of backups and have tried 3 different data restores with no success.

I did not do a full restore today...I used the advanced feature and brought over most data...tried to limit some apps/data to keep my system from slowing. All my messages/tasks/calendar/phonebook data was reinstalled through Outlook sync instead of backup/restore.

Any ideas?

Last edited by megaman1; 04-28-2009 at 09:35 PM..
Old 04-29-2009, 06:22 AM   #2
VIOLATOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD
PIN: Pulled - 1, 2, 3 run!
Carrier: AT&T

Interesting and frustrating dilemma and I have no potential resolution for you but I will follow this thread because I wanna know now to.

Looks like you have taken all the appropriate steps? The only thing I am not clear about is if you uninstalled Password Keeper then reinstalled it via the BB Desktop Manager?

David

Twitter
Old 04-29-2009, 02:05 PM   #3
megaman1

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default Answer Found

OK...I uninstalled Password Keeper, Reinstalled and everything works. Thanks for the tip..because that's all I needed to do..GB
Old 04-29-2009, 08:45 PM   #4
VIOLATOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD
PIN: Pulled - 1, 2, 3 run!
Carrier: AT&T

Great - glad you are back on track and appreciate you posting back letting us know you got the problem resolved.

David

Twitter
Closed Thread