Old 11-26-2008, 03:54 PM   #1
StuartV
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Question Contract Q for Verizon Rep

Please Login to Remove!

I just logged into my Verizon account, went to the My Services tab, and clicked Upgrade Now. It took me to a screen that explained about upgrades. That screen says, in part, the following:

Quote:
How is my upgrade price calculated?
By extending your contract, you may qualify for a discounted price, depending on when you last purchased a new phone at a discounted price, and your contract term.
- Customers on a one-year contract may upgrade at a discounted price after 10 months.
- Customers on a two-year contract may upgrade at a discounted price after just 20 months.
Plus, if you're currently enrolled in our New Every Two program*, you will be eligible for an additional discount with a two-year contract extension.
You may always choose to upgrade without extending your contract at full retail price.

Annual Upgrade available for My Verizon customers
You can get a new phone every year with Annual Upgrade. Sign up for a 2-year agreement on a calling plan of at least $49.99 and you can purchase a new phone at its promotional price through My Verizon every year with a 2-year renewal (upgrade fee may apply).
Can someone please explain this? The 2 paragraphs seems to be somewhat contradictory.

The first one basically says I can't upgrade my phone for the discounted price until I've been in my contract for 20 months.

But, the second one says I can upgrade, for the promotional price, after 1 year.

This SEEMS to be saying that, if I upgrade after 20 months, I can get the promotional price WITHOUT signing a new contract. But, if I upgrade after only 12 months, I can only get the promotional price if I sign a new 2-year contract.

Is that correct?
Verizon 9550
Old 11-26-2008, 03:56 PM   #2
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

I believe option 1 does not require a new 2 year contract, option 2 does.
Closed Thread