Old 03-25-2005, 10:18 AM   #21
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Default Reqwireless Webviewer Security

Please Login to Remove!

I don't think Reqwireless is very upfront about their product. They don't tell you on the web site - at least I couldn't find it- that personal information such as persistent cookies are stored on their web site. Seems like a privacy matter that they are hiding. I am not a fan anymore.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:24 AM   #22
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by headtailgrep
Up and coming 'killer app' - FREE ssh/telnet:

http://www.xk72.com/midpssh/
Mark, I know you work for Idokorro, but I think it'd be fair to add in this one into your list in your post (afterall, thats what people read when they open this thread). Its free. Its user friendly. And, most of all, it actually works. Its one of the better products to come out of the open-source market for the BlackBerry OS.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:48 AM   #23
hapnin

I have been using METAmessage for Stocks, Sports Scores, Weather, People Search and AskMeNow. They have a attachment reader that is more robust than the built in solution and have a Spell Checker included, too. Now they have added wav and mp3 support. I am using a 30 day trial that a work collegue gave me, code=4546.

http://www.METAmessage.com/index.asp?offercode=4546

-Bert
Old 04-05-2005, 05:43 AM   #24
Ajnt

Hi all,

After looking at SonicMobility, there is another piece of software which you may be interested in. It is called AppServer (www.appswing.com) and it allows you to access your Windows applications on your BlackBerry.

Unfortunately it's designed for business users so doesn't really provide the consumer with any advantages. Worth a look though.

Andi
Old 04-06-2005, 05:52 PM   #25
txwildcat

Model: 7290
Default Looking for conversion software temperature, etc.

Looking of software for BB 7290 that converts weight, length, area, speed, temperature, time, and more
Old 04-06-2005, 07:49 PM   #26
dl1

I have some great converters for my PocketPC. The blackBerry calculator on the 7290 has a few unit conversions built in - ft = m, yd = m, miles = km, lb = kg, deg F to deg C, US gal = L, UK gal = L. Conversion either way. You type the quantity in the calculator and pull up the MENU to get at this stuff.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:51 PM   #27
midwest@fan.com

Google will convert pretty much anything.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:21 PM   #28
pcnetgeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520

Quote:
Originally Posted by headtailgrep
Yes, with OS 4 public MDS works on the Rogers network.

Other applications worth adding:

Best IRC Client for Blackberry (to date):

http://jmirc.sourceforge.net/

Up and coming 'killer app' - FREE ssh/telnet:

http://www.xk72.com/midpssh/
Running a Nextel BB7520 .. downloaded the BB build (think thats the version i should be using) installed the app fine, runs fine, but only offers ssh and telnet .. but there is no ssh2 option???

Friends Dont Let Friends Call Nextel BlackBerry Support, They Direct Them To The Friendly BlackBerryForums.Com Support..

PIN: 40082120
Old 05-06-2005, 07:46 PM   #29
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcnetgeek
Running a Nextel BB7520 .. downloaded the BB build (think thats the version i should be using) installed the app fine, runs fine, but only offers ssh and telnet .. but there is no ssh2 option???
I am not sure about newer versions of midpssh, but I should mention that Idokorro MobileSSH has both ssh1 and ssh2. MobileSSH from Idokorro (disclaimer: my employer) comes with an unlimited-time 20-connections free trial. It can be easily installed by entering "www.idokorro.com" via BlackBerry Internet Browser, and then downloading MobileSSH wirelessly that way.

Newer versions of midpssh might support ssh1 and ssh2, but I am not sure. Last time I tried it, I think it only had one ssh protocol.

Just so you know!

(PS -- jibi, I just added midpssh to the list, in order to be more impartial on this forum)
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source

Last edited by Mark Rejhon; 05-06-2005 at 07:50 PM..
Old 06-17-2005, 01:30 PM   #30
dougiedd

Default 411 for nextel in Hawaii

installed 411 software. live in Honolulu. with nextel on a 7520. cant get any answers at all. is it my local or nextel or me?
Old 06-17-2005, 03:02 PM   #31
Stringer

Model: 7100

Just downloaded a very nice RSS reader for BB..it has a nice tidy interface, is easy to use, and so far I haven't missed any functionality. I'm still using the trial version but it definitely seems to be a winner to me
Got the trial version from:

http://bb.berryvine.com
Old 06-18-2005, 01:40 PM   #32
Static Electrician

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcnetgeek

There is an option for ssh2 in the settings panel.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:05 PM   #33
shmark

Default BizTrackIt

Just installed BizTrackIt from www.shrunkenhead.biz and I'm in heaven. I have been looking for a straightforward project timer for months and this is EXACTLY what I needed. I don't need web-access, no silly billing or exotic group management and tracking, just want to track my time spent on Project/Task with notes. Sweet! Simple project name, description, notes and a punch-in/punch-out timer. You can edit any entry or create new ones manually, and email csv reports. Exactly what I needed without all the crazy bells and whistles so many other apps have.

There's a 5-day trial and the full install is 35 bucks, well worth it for me. No connection, just a very satisfied user.

Mark
Old 06-27-2005, 12:46 PM   #34
Frenzied

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Telus
Default Blackberry Killer Software Thread

What exactly is this doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon
Press +++++X simultaneously using only your two pinky fingers, while standing on your head.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:46 PM   #35
danmcg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: Cingular

Putting you into the super hacker phreaker mode. Careful though cause it's like using a tone dialer on a payphone.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:24 AM   #36
_driver
No longer Registered.

Hello,
why the List Of BlackBerryClub Favourites don't has an IM+ ?
Old 07-17-2005, 12:25 PM   #37
chrisnol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: ATT

Mark -- What do you knoe o0f "I'm intouch" Software that allows the user to access their home or office PC and all of its files remotely from another internet PC (like "go to my PC") and also has a module that is instaolled on the bb handheld that allows you to do the same with any balckberry and apparently has enhanced attachment viewing capabilities. I am attachihng a link.\below.

http://www.01com.com/what_is_blackbe...p?navid=bberry
Old 07-20-2005, 10:04 PM   #38
cabletech

Default pcAnywhere, VPN (and other connectivity) with Blackberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon
A List Of BlackBerryClub Favourites!

VeriChat - AIM / ICQ / MSN / Yahoo Instant Messaging on BlackBerry. (trial)
WebMessenger - Another AIM / ICQ / MSN / Yahoo Instant Messenger. (trial)
BlackBerry Free PowerToys - A bunch of great utilities for free.
bbSpell - A great BlackBerry spell checker!
Berry411 - A great 411 app for white/yellow pages, movie showtimes, and driving directions!
Idokorro MobileSSH - MobileSSH / telnet (trial) (OTA)
Idokorro MobileAdmin - Wireless administration (trial)
Reqwireless WebViewer - WebViewer HTML browser for BlackBerries without a browser. (trial)
Reqwireless EmailViewer - Backup POP/IMAP email client with HTML email support. (trial)
SonicMobility - Administrate your PC remotely.
Dynoplex eWord and eCell - Word/Excel for Blackberry.
Phonewire Service - Voicemail that automatically converts to text emails
Dictomail Service - Voicemail that automatically converts to text emails
IMBOT Service - Allows you to send emails to a phone number as destination (text-to-voice)
Magmic Games - The best BlackBerry videogames!
Videogames List - RIMROAD list of most popular Blackberry videogames.
BlackChat, a free ICQ client for Blackberries. (download)
jmIRC, a free IRC client midlet that works on Blackberries.
VNC J2ME, a free remote-control program that works on Blackberries.

I should observe -- Verichat and WebMessenger is able to run continuously 24/7 for 100 hours on one battery charge on my 7280. The Blackberry is capable of always-on Internet access that's even better when you have MDS or TCP/IP. You can get TCP/IP on some BlackBerry networks for free nowadays without MDS. Feel free to go ahead and post separate threads about favourite killer software. I'll accumulate interesting links here as time passes;
Is there a way to integrate the BB with pcAnywhere or a VPN so I am able to connect to my office computer? I want to be able to use only one specific program and that's it. I know the BB comes with its own software so that I can do whatever. If this also helps, the program I want to use does not have any mobile capabilities; only if I connect to the computer through other means.

If so, which software would I use from your above list? I'm not very well versed with BB software. Thanks...
Old 08-11-2005, 02:30 PM   #39
rael

As a neophyte, this thread (and this site in general) is a Godsend. Thanks, y'all!
Old 08-11-2005, 08:34 PM   #40
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon
Cool Remote Desktop for Mobile

I have tried both VNC (free) and Remote Desktop for Mobiles($29.95) and there is no comparison. VNC is free and offers no security or encryption, a risk to anyone sniffing.

It also does not allow for screen to adjust to BlackBerry size, it takes ages to move around in your office desktop. The Remote Desktop for Mobiles on the other hand does, it makes a tiny version of your desktop, and it even has a zoom tool to help you read. I recommend it hands down and believe me 30 is not a lot to spend for this fumctionality. I am a systems admin, and the first day i used while on vacation saved me a trip to the office from 3 hrs away.

This is their link:
http://www.desktopmobiles.com/news050801.html

You can download a trial version and test it first. Good luck.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Closed Thread