Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
winty03

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Alltel
Default Problem Replying to MMS from non-smartphone

Please Login to Remove!

Hello, I am having issues with replying to a MMS from a non-smartphone.....(ex. Motorola Razor) What is happening is when I recieve a picture sent to me from a friend that has a Razor, I reply to them within that message. What he recieves is the following..

Content-type: text/plain;
Name=1252423418810.plain; charset=utf-8

If I create a new SMS message solely, he recieves the SMS fine, it is only occuring when I reply directly to a MMS from a non-smartphone. I was told it had to do with the signature my BB was sending with the reply to that MMS and the non-smartphone wasn't able to handle that. I have Alltel as a carrier and they are unable to help me. I have tried to disable AUTO SIG in the options menu..and I don't have it there. I then logged on to my BIS acct. and no way in there to remove it. I deleted out my Sig. there so its blank, but seems to still be sending it, because that did not resolve the issue. I have verified I am able to reply to MMS sent from a BB, so I have narrowed it down to replying to a picture sent to me from a non-smartphone. They recieve that text, I have duplicated it on multiple friends phones. Any thoughts?
Old 10-26-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
Patrick G.
Thumbs Must Hurt

Did you ever find a resolution to this? I'm having the same issue.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:27 AM   #3
Daughain
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: T-Mobile

As much usage as you can get out of a properly modded V3, the processor can only handle so much data at once. The problem may simply be in the data capabilities of the 'non-smartphones' as opposed to anything that can be done on the BB users end. The input simply overwhelms the processor. If your freind is a Moto modder, he may be able to do something about streamlining the data input, but, other than that I dont expect any real solution. Since I never encountered that issue, I couldnt tell him where to begin.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:27 AM   #4
Patrick G.
Thumbs Must Hurt

My situation is a bit different. I'm testing with my wife's BlackBerry Curve 8330 and my iPhone 3G. Whenever I send her a picture message from my iPhone, and she responds with a text reply, I just get something like this:

Content-type: text/plain;
Name=1252423418810.plain; charset=utf-8

I also had a friend test sending her an MMS message from a BlackBerry and the same thing happens. She can send MMS just fine, and reply to SMS just fine, it's only when she replies to an MMS message that the recipient receives only file info (see above).
Old 10-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #5
Daughain
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ok, gimme a few days for testing. I have a couple of V3's and an Iphone available.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:18 AM   #6
A320Mech
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

My dad has a curve, when he replies to an MMS i send him I get the exact same message. He is on Alltel (now Verizon) and I am on AT&T. My mother is also on Alltel but she has some little samsung phone and she can reply to my MMS all day long.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:49 AM   #7
Daughain
Thumbs Must Hurt

OK, cant unlock the iphone just yet, but, from my tests, it seems the issue has something to do with BIS or BES. I broke out a bone stock V3t (thats a Razr) for the tests, and had no issues whatever either sending or receiving MMS, with or without pics. Now, the 8310 does *not* use either BIS or BES. I dont feel like paying for the BB data plans, so I set my TCP and wap settings manually. Any other thoughts let me know.
Closed Thread