Old 12-27-2008, 11:22 PM   #1
SayLuv
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default When Typing...it would be cool if

Please Login to Remove!

I like how the key highlights in blue, but I still fat finger.

It would be really cool if the key you were hovering over would show up in the field in a light gray or something so that you would know for sure what key you were over.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:32 PM   #2
gsontag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: 3050BF93

Wirelessly posted

The blue highlight is more then enough. Its just like typing on a computer, you just learn where the keys are without really having too see all the keys
Old 12-28-2008, 11:07 AM   #3
jerseydude

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

yes, the would be nice, i have the same problem with "fat fingers" blocking more than one key
Old 12-28-2008, 12:05 PM   #4
SayLuv

I think it would help a lot. The highlighting doesn't do much since I can't see it because my finger is over it. Also, I don't type on it a lot and don't have the time to. So, I will most likely never know where all the keys are.

And it's not just like typing on a kb.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:01 PM   #5
SpectreBlofeld
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630

That's a great idea! It would 'preview' the key in the text field before you actually click it. That way you wouldn't necessarily have to look at the keys while typing, which is something I hate having to do with touchscreens. Listen up, Blackberry devs!
Old 12-28-2008, 02:23 PM   #6
gsontag
Thumbs Must Hurt

if you cant see the blue highlight then you would have a hard time seeing a preview of the letter. And typing on the storm is like a computer b/c you learn where the keys are just like a computer and it gets easier and faster.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:21 PM   #7
SpectreBlofeld

gsontag, from what I gather of his description, the preview letter would appear in the text field you're typing in, so it wouldn't be obscured by your fingers like the keys are.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:44 PM   #8
gsontag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ahhh, i like the way things work now. it seems like it works well enough and i dont have to many problems typing. and i think that the click screen was part of BBs way of trying to fix not being able to actually see the keys.

Im not sure how seeing the letters in the text field would work though. it seems like the word preview is doing essentially that...
Old 12-28-2008, 08:19 PM   #9
SayLuv

gsontag: this comment makes no sense.

" i think that the click screen was part of BBs way of trying to fix not being able to
actually see the keys."

the 'clicking' does absolutely nothing to allow the end user to know what key they are pressing. it doesn't not click if you hit the wrong key does it?

having a preview of the letter in the field without actually committing to that key would kick ass and makes total sense.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:01 PM   #10
gsontag
Thumbs Must Hurt

When you hover over a key it does not register till it clicks, therefore letting you make sure you press the right key. With the iphone it does nothing like that. you press a key and although you get a little pop up of the key it does nothing to prevent you from pressing the wrong key.

Like i said, if you look at your message you see what key you press and you can bo back and delete it if you got it wrong. I see no better way to do it unless you want your device to actually say what key you are hovering over!!
Old 12-28-2008, 09:19 PM   #11
SpectreBlofeld

That's pretty much exactly what's being suggested.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:30 PM   #12
SayLuv

haha
Old 12-28-2008, 09:31 PM   #13
SayLuv

thanks, spectre, im glad someone understands.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:39 PM   #14
gsontag
Thumbs Must Hurt

What a voice saying what letter you press? They way it is now is hard to get used to, but i think it is the best system out right now. I think it would be cool if the BB would type out a message as you speak it!
Old 12-28-2008, 09:41 PM   #15
DAMAN321

This is a great idea! I don't know how much cpu resources this would require but if it doesn't slow things down too bad, I think it would go a long way toward making the typing experience much better. Of course, I think this will only be meaningful in the full QWERTY mode but, coming from an 8830, that is my preferred mode anyway.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:45 PM   #16
gsontag
Thumbs Must Hurt

The only real problem i have with texting is if i am trying to type a quick message i usually hit the wrong key and dont notice untill after i send it. A letter speaking voice would be nice or a whole word speaking voice would be ever better! But i dont think that will happen anytime to soon.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:54 PM   #17
SayLuv

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMAN321 View Post
This is a great idea! I don't know how much cpu resources this would require but if it doesn't slow things down too bad, I think it would go a long way toward making the typing experience much better. Of course, I think this will only be meaningful in the full QWERTY mode but, coming from an 8830, that is my preferred mode anyway.
Ah...good point DAMAN321! I didn't think about that. I always tip it to qwerty cuz it just seems easier to me. Poking holes in my idea already = (
Old 12-31-2008, 03:02 AM   #18
matharris04

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsontag View Post
The only real problem i have with texting is if i am trying to type a quick message i usually hit the wrong key and dont notice untill after i send it. A letter speaking voice would be nice or a whole word speaking voice would be ever better! But i dont think that will happen anytime to soon.
it seems like your hell bent on arguing with whatever anybody says...it's an opinion and doesn't mean they don't like the phone, everyone's allowed to make suggestions.
Closed Thread