Old 02-10-2010, 02:51 PM   #41
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatzmister2u View Post
Trust me on this one. The folks here have more knowledge than any ATT store. I for one this they have obtained your ATT password and are checking your usage on-line. I would suggest changing your ATT password and my guess is that it will stop.

Best of Luck!

E-
It's pointless. This has been suggested multiple times, but the OP disregards it. Their only focus is that this is happening on the device and there's no other possible way to get this info. For that fact, I have stopped trying to help. This person wants to believe what they have set in their mind and aren't open to any other suggestions. I refuse to help someone like that. Not wasting my time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle22 View Post
If my memory serves me right, isn't Kisses a spyware program? Or it was made by the guy who made PhoneSnoop, another spyware program?

Yes, Kisses is made by the same person that created another spyware program.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 02-10-2010, 02:59 PM   #42
paramedic233
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
PIN: ch me, I'm dreaming!
Carrier: Sprint BIS

Mobile Spy-
"Any carrier is compatible if they offer unrestricted GPRS Internet Access. Your cell phone account must have the Internet option so the program can upload logs to your account."

FlexiSpy-
FlexiSpy - Compare Spyphone Features
The cost alone... And I would imagine it would need GPRS internet access as well.

Perhaps disable or turn off the internet for a bit?
Old 02-10-2010, 03:00 PM   #43
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_To_Know View Post
I don't necessarily trust it.
That seems to be a common thread from the beginning of this discussion.

1) Your Push to Talk is installed on the device and runs in the background. You can remove that application if you want, but believe me, it is not a problem here.

2) I commented above about you being on a BES account and all that you do on your BlackBerry can be tracked and logged. Seems you have ignored that.

3) Does your husband live at home?
Are you still married?
Old 02-10-2010, 03:20 PM   #44
Need_To_Know

Model: Curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

I have posted several times regarding resetting my password on the account. It seems as though some of you aren't reading all of the details but you are certainly very opinionated about my circumstances. I am certain that he is not obtaining the information from the IT department as it consists of 2 people and I know them both well.

Talk about common threads....one of them is the emotional replies that are posted to inquiries. I am simply asking for "Technical" feedback, such as why PTT is seemingly activating when I receive a SMS even though I don't use it and even if I did use it, it shouldn't activate for a text message.

It isn't necessary to respond to every inquiry on this board if you don't have any value to add to the topic. Some people just like to hear themselves talk, or see themselves type....
Old 02-10-2010, 03:46 PM   #45
Noodle22
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8520
Carrier: Rogers

These questions, though you may see them as not being useful, assist us in assessing the situation for you.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:10 PM   #46
Need_To_Know

Yes, I appreciate the helpful responses and realize that some questions are being asked to further assist me. I do not think the condescending replies are necessary. I do not understand why people are getting irritated with my questions. This is a VOLUNTARY forum, it seems to me that if a person can't help or doesn't want to, they would just click <NEXT>.

My original question was: can I detect any spy software? The general impression I am getting is "not really" since most of the answers are directing me to deter the behavior rather than detect it. I am determined to "crack the code" on this and will find a way to figure it out.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:52 PM   #47
CanuckBB

Model: 9900

So

1) you have changed all of your AT&T passwords
2) put a password on your home computer and made sure that you are the only one that has access to it (not just you login, the entire computer)
3) wiped the BB and reloaded the device
4) password protected your device

if yes to all, then you may want to reformat and reload tour PC to make sure there are no key-loggers installed.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:30 PM   #48
turn_key
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330m
PIN: G PAL4 Putter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckBB View Post
So

1) you have changed all of your AT&T passwords
2) put a password on your home computer and made sure that you are the only one that has access to it (not just you login, the entire computer)
3) wiped the BB and reloaded the device
4) password protected your device

if yes to all, then you may want to reformat and reload tour PC to make sure there are no key-loggers installed.
A key logger on the PC is a possibility. There are countless key logging programs and a few hardware based (plugs inline with the keyboard).
Old 02-10-2010, 05:34 PM   #49
jsconyers

I brought up key loggers in my original post (post 8) http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ml#post1559368.

The OP believes this is only a BB issue, there's no other possibilities of her husband getting this info. It IS the BlackBerry. No use in trying to convince her otherwise.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:52 PM   #50
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Yes, I appreciate the helpful responses and realize that some questions are being asked to further assist me. I do not think the condescending replies are necessary. I do not understand why people are getting irritated with my questions. This is a VOLUNTARY forum, it seems to me that if a person can't help or doesn't want to, they would just click <NEXT>.
You are certainly correct: this is a voluntary forum. It's a community, sometimes like a dysfunctional family. Take what you consider the bad with the good. You posted here, you get responses. Live with it, or move on.

I've troubleshot dozens of these inquiries before... I know the questions to ask. The fact that you only want to answer to those specific questions you judge applicable shuts your mind off to all the possibilities.

I've asked twice about your BES account. Completely ignored.

We're condescending? I think your responses to some of the users here (and myself) are the condescending responses. You think no one here is smart enough to deal with your issues UNLESS they answer YOUR questions. You have completely shut down two of the most brilliant users here... (and I don't include myself )

Take off your blinders. You'll get the best help when you're completely honest about what's happening. I am fairly certain now, with your lack of openness, that there is much more to this story than you are allowing.

Last edited by JSanders; 02-10-2010 at 06:18 PM..
Old 02-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #51
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

JS, I must say that I agree with your assessment -- especially indicated by the "I will crack the code" comment. I doubt that her belief is falsifiable.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:57 PM   #52
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
My original question was: can I detect any spy software?
Yes, you can. I can. Everyone can. There has been no spy software made for the BlackBerry that goes completely UNdetected. None.

Question answered. Thread solved. Complete.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:29 PM   #53
Need_To_Know

How can I find it?
Old 02-10-2010, 06:34 PM   #54
jsconyers

It needs to be on the BlackBerry in order for you to find it
Old 02-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #55
Noodle22

Model: 8520

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
It needs to be on the BlackBerry in order for you to find it
Best answer so far.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:07 PM   #56
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Have you actually done these things?

wiped the BB and reloaded the device
password protected your device
Old 02-10-2010, 07:13 PM   #57
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

I doubt it Daphne; in post 46 she dismisses that as an action that will deter as opposed to detect the behavior -- failing to recognize that it will provide good probability evidence regarding the detection question.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:23 PM   #58
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

I can understand wanting evidence, but at what cost? Being spied upon is creepy no matter how you look at it, and in most states if someone is spying on your cell phone it's illegal If they are also spying on your pc with a keylogging or monitoring program, that may be illegal too. Abusers have gone to prison for that in some cases.

Unless the OP is fearful of being violently attacked if she removes monitoring software (which can happen in domestic abuse situations), I can't understand allowing it to go on and on when she has been given clear instructions on now to stop it. Like JS, I think there is more than meets the eye to this situation.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:13 AM   #59
mamaberry

Model: 8330
Carrier: verizon

I have the same problem and it has been going on for a while. I have asked and accused, but the information coming back to me does not come from my husband - it comes from my inlaws. I understand your need to know how it is happening and how to detect it before your words come back to you. It is very frustrating and stressful to have your words come back to you even if you are just talk about how your mother in laws chicken was dry last night. LOL

I had my phone wiped and set back to factory settings, installed a password, and tried to restrict my husband's access to my phone. Here is the kicker - information was still coming back to me from my inlaws and they have no access to my phone!

I never tried changing my account password for online. I am not on BES - didn't even know the acronymn before I joined this site. I want my privacy back. This situation has negatively impacted my life. Imagine not being able to have even the simplest, yet personal conversation with out anyone knowing. It is horrible.

I have thought about purchasing e-stealth just to see how it works, but even then I don't know if it would teach me how to keep this from happening again. I hope you figure something out and if you do, please tell me
Old 05-08-2010, 02:42 AM   #60
QueBall

Model: 9630
Carrier: Telus mobility

Buy a prepaid "burner" phone and use that to make calls for a little while and see if the inlaw/husband/etc questions continue unchanged.

Make a bunch of calls then show it to them and say the blackberry is dropping calls or the speaker cuts out or something and you are going to take it to be looked at but didn't want to be without a phone. (don't hide it for long or worse things may happen if found)

My $0.02
Closed Thread