BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 11:27 PM   #1
sbpinbb
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Pearl
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Foolishly, I setup a user then imported the pst...

Please Login to Remove!

Just happened to be for myself and the initial sync forwarded over 7000 messages to the 7100t. The real crap part is that it recognized a significant number of the Sent emails as being dated last night, when I was setting this user/phone up. So now I have a huge number of email attached to yesterday's date.

Is there anyway I can reconfigure? If wiping is the answer, can I backup only the contacts I had on the handheld? The user is currently setup for Automatic Wireless Backup.

Edit... I should note, when I say imported the pst, I mean imported into the Exchange account, hence the wireless recon.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:34 PM   #2
sbpinbb

Default I decide to try and completely wipe & reload handheld software...

I completely wiped, reloaded everything on the 7100t, latest tmo rev. I deleted the user from the BES, reloaded the user. Reauthenticated, had the wireless reconciliation setup for all 5 options. The 1st attempt at Enterprise Activation, failed. 2nd attempt worked, and the phone started to sync. I received 3 days of email, and a bunch of the sent email were showing up with the time and date of the actual activation.

Oddly, the Enterprise Activation icon is still on the main screen. I am receiving email, but cannot send email. I'm kind of at a loss with trying to resolve the no emailing issue, I've tried a lot of things... resending policy, service books... I obviously don't really know what I'm doing, just trying a lot of things.

I never got the wireless calendar to reconcile before I did the wipe and reload. There were no calendar entries after the activation.

I'm looking for some recommendations with how to proceed. Ideas are appreciated!
Old 04-01-2005, 11:24 PM   #3
bfrye
BBF Veteran User

Model: OU812
Carrier: Nintendo

The activation probably didn't complete. Try re-provisioning the device (after wiping again)
Old 04-02-2005, 01:09 PM   #4
sbpinbb

I did as you suggested, and it certainly seems to have done the trick. Now... how do I get the calendar to wirelessly sync for the 1st time? Is it possible???
Closed Thread