Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 06:10 AM   #21
ukohlhas

Model: 7290
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,
I read all the previous posts, but didn't find the answer for me.
General problem is to sync with Outlook - doesn't matter if it's only Calendar, Contacts, Task or Notes.
I tried it with several Desktop versions.
The error comes up when I press the Intellisync button

Wed Jul 18 12:01:34 2007 -- Pumatech Intellisync Log File --

Wed Jul 18 12:01:34 2007: Error 0x80049204.-2147184124.0 at D:\users\abaranga\SDK534\maverick\se_5x_maverick\a ction_engines\Sync_Engine\EF_Implementation\SyncCo nfigManager.cpp line 1011

If I try to synchronize I get the full package of error messages

My BB is a 7290 Enterprise with v4.1.0.309

Any suggestions for me

Thanks in advance
Old 08-01-2007, 07:53 PM   #22
Big-Ham

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T (Cingular)

Well, I thought I had the answer but I'm still having the same problems described above. When I click the Synchronize now button, a window pops up with "new configuration file found. Applying new configuration". Then the window pops up with the message "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Runtime error - (path) - abnormal program termination". I deleted all attachment in all aspects of outlook and still get same error message. The first box about the configuration comes up quick and you can't see it unless you drag the runtime error box off of it. I'm at my wits end. Worked great for weeks, then bam.....errors!!
Old 08-12-2007, 08:42 PM   #23
Big-Ham

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T (Cingular)

Ok folks......after pulling my hair out, removing programs, reinstalling them, updating software and doing everything all the threads said to try, I finally ran across this post somewhere else. I tried it and IT WORKED!!!!!!!

BlackBerry Search Results

I don't know about others who have had this problem, but following the directions in this link did if for me!!!

Good luck to others still having this problem and please post back if it works for you. There are many other threads with folks having this problem, so pass the word if it works for you.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:07 PM   #24
SeniorSE

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T
Thumbs up Thank You!!!!

Thank you for this post!! I was going crazy with this Visual C++ error!

This worked like a charm, and it was easy and painless!

Thanks again.

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Ham View Post
Ok folks......after pulling my hair out, removing programs, reinstalling them, updating software and doing everything all the threads said to try, I finally ran across this post somewhere else. I tried it and IT WORKED!!!!!!!

BlackBerry Search Results

I don't know about others who have had this problem, but following the directions in this link did if for me!!!

Good luck to others still having this problem and please post back if it works for you. There are many other threads with folks having this problem, so pass the word if it works for you.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:38 PM   #25
Ken Leech

Carrier: Vodafone NZ
Smile Solved my problem one year later

You have made me a happy chappy.

One year after this solution was posted, almost to the day, this solved my problem. Very much appreciated.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:47 PM   #26
thwilsonjr

Model: 8330
Carrier: verizon

I am extremely frustrated as all of the solutions are failing for me.

When synching to MS Outlook calendar, I get the following error message "Blackberry Desktop Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close".

This error occurs during the step "reading from microsoft outlook calendar".

I have reinstalled software and am running version 4.3.0.15.
I have modified compatibility to run in Windows 2000 compatibility mode.
I cleared the device calendar.
I have stopped synching calendar and everything works fine for synching address book, memo's and tasks.
I have deleted outlook calendar entries with attachments, have accepted all appointments, have no google calendar entries and have even tried changing settings to only synch a single day's appointments that exist of one simple entry I made.
I turned on advanced logging for pttrace.log and tif.log and both of them stop logging when they start reading outlook calendar and give no error indications.

PTtrace last entry: "Phase=20, User=32be531e: Reading data from Microsoft Outlook Calendar"
tif last entry:"Ending Sanitizing Target Records phase; starting Load From Source phase
Loading from DateRange 1/1/1900 -- 1/1/1900"

Am I missing something else that is causing the synchronization with Outlook calendar to fail?
Old 04-06-2008, 02:26 PM   #27
thwilsonjr

Carrier: verizon
Default Fix finally found

After no success with all the suggestions I tried, I was able to get through to Blackberry technical support and get this resolved. Unfortunately the fix they prescribed is not listed on their forums as being in response to the error message in this string. However, it worked.

Fix referred to knowledge base article KB 11703 BlackBerry Technical Solution Center

How to delete the Intellisync folder if synchronization is unsuccessful
Doc ID : KB11703
Last Modified : 2007-08-13
Document Type : How To delete Intellisync folder

Procedure
Navigate to the Intellisync® folder:
In Windows 2000 or Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Intellisync

Delete the Intellisync folder.
Close and reopen BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
In the Intellisync application, reconfigure synchronization settings as needed using the Configure PIM or Configure Synch button.
Try to synchronize again.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:23 PM   #28
PAV

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks thwilsonjr...worked like a charm. Wonder what got it messed up to begin with.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:12 PM   #29
bmoneill

Carrier: verizon wireless
Default Fix worked for me!

Deleting the Intellisync folder as advised by thwilsonjr worked for me.

I have a BB 8330 Curve using Verizon Wireless. As best I can tell, the problem began after I tried to download the mobile Google Maps application but I'm not sure why that would affect my Outlook Calendar.

Thank you thwilsonjr!
Old 11-20-2008, 11:54 AM   #30
dtharris1974

Model: 8300
Carrier: Cellular South
Default Fix Worked for Me As Well!

Thanks thwilsonjr. The fix worked for me as well. After hours of trying to figure out what was going on. The fix a few simple steps eliminated my problem.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:02 AM   #31
wideopensvt

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

This issue is frustrating. Desktop Manager 4.7 crashes while syncing with my Outlook calendar nearly every time. The only way around the problem is to delete/rename the intellisync folder as described above. While I appreciate the work-around, it would be nice to find a permanent fix for this issue. As it is, I have to delete the folder every other time I sync.

Of my 400+ calendar entries, many of them have attachments that I need to keep, so deleting them is not a viable option.

Is there anything else I can try?
Old 11-25-2008, 11:08 AM   #32
kmd22

Carrier: ATT
Default Calendar Sync Error, But Not a run time error

I am having problems syncing my Blackberry 8100. I have never had problems until today. When it is syncing, on the "Synchronization Progress" screen, it says: "Reading from %1!s! %2!s! Handheld Calendar - Record !ld! of !ld! Records. Then it closes the Desktop Manager and says I have an error report. This is driving me crazy. HELP PLEASE!!!!
Old 12-11-2008, 08:53 PM   #33
monicanblaize

Model: 8220
Carrier: t-mobile
Default Help with 8820

I just got the new pearl flip and i am having trouble synching. I am getting an error message that says:
Folder is no longer part of the system data source or the folder could not be found.

I don't know what to do, please help!

Thanks.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:30 AM   #34
jimbobka

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Smile It worked, but why should this be necessary???

Thanks for the advice. Zapping the intellesync folder did the trick. Not something I hope to do often - and I do have appointments with attachments. I'm amazed that this problem shows up on the forum for over 4 years and still isn't fixed!!! I'm new to Blackberry and that isn't encouraging.
Closed Thread