BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:18 AM   #1
dtufino

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Angry Email Reconcile Exchange 2007

Please Login to Remove!

We recently upgraded from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007, the upgrade went smooth and all is well, the only issue we have is the EMAIL Reconcile....

We have Exchange 2007
BES 4.1.6.9

Here is the issue....

Wireless Sync only Works from the Blackberry to Outlook, not vice-versa.... calendar, tasks and everything works bi-directional.

The inbox is tricky, it only reconciles from the bb to outlook and not outlook to bb.....

Example:

If i delete or read a message from my Blackberry it deletes or marks the message read in outlook.

If i were to do the same in outlook, nothing happens on the blackberry.... this is annoying because users use their outlook more than bb's and when they get 100 emails a day and they have read all of them the blackberry doesn't reflect that they read those messages.

Maybe i missed a step somewhere, can someone point me to the right direction?

I have rebooted several times, all works well except this one issue, and i have checked for email reconcile on the blackberries and all is well there as well.... this is driving me insane..... please assist.

Last edited by dtufino; 04-14-2009 at 09:26 AM..
Old 04-14-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

Model: 9000
PIN: 3, it's the magic number
Carrier: Most of them, it's a Global Village man!

Double check the docs first just in case you did miss a step and have a search coz i know I have seen this posted before. We are Exch2K3 but I know there is a bit of shell messing for Exch2K7 perms.

It actually sounds like mismatched CDO.dll files to me as that is usually the cause of the one-way sync issue but do check your work first. When you check the CDO.dll, check all BESs and Exchange boxes, they should all be the same and the latest.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:43 PM   #3
sdonaghey
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
Carrier: Telus

We just migrated over to Exchange 2007 from Domino. On our Domino BES, deletes by the person in their mail file would happen on the blackberry. Not right away, but it would happen. In our new Exchange 2007 environment, we have a new BES, and deletes are not happening on the device at all. I have done the soft deletes where they just go into the deleted items folder, and hard deletes (Shift+delete), and thy still stay on the device. I have enabled hard deletes on the BES, so this should be working.

Where can I check to see what is going on? I have not migrated over normal blackberry users to Exchange yet. Only IT has done it, and it is becoming a pain.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean
Old 04-14-2009, 01:24 PM   #4
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdonaghey View Post
We just migrated over to Exchange 2007 from Domino. On our Domino BES, deletes by the person in their mail file would happen on the blackberry. Not right away, but it would happen. In our new Exchange 2007 environment, we have a new BES, and deletes are not happening on the device at all. I have done the soft deletes where they just go into the deleted items folder, and hard deletes (Shift+delete), and thy still stay on the device. I have enabled hard deletes on the BES, so this should be working.

Where can I check to see what is going on? I have not migrated over normal blackberry users to Exchange yet. Only IT has done it, and it is becoming a pain.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean
It would be best for you to start a new thread my friend, this is quite a different scenario to the OP and we can help you better in a separate post.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:50 PM   #5
sdonaghey
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
Carrier: Telus

How is my post a different issue?

I am having the exact same issue as the first post. Deletes/Reads are not being reflected on the Blackberry at all.

I have check the MAPi and CDO dll versions on all Exchange/BES servers and they all match.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:44 AM   #6
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdonaghey View Post
How is my post a different issue?

I am having the exact same issue as the first post. Deletes/Reads are not being reflected on the Blackberry at all.

I have check the MAPi and CDO dll versions on all Exchange/BES servers and they all match.

Any help greatly appreciated.
I said scenario, not issue. The OP upgraded from one version of a mail server to the latest, you changed mail server software totally. OK maybe the symptoms present themselves the same but the root cause could be quite different. Just trying to help you to get help faster my friend.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:40 AM   #7
dtufino

i checked the CDO/MAPI files and all is the same... SUCKS.... now i have the CEO of the company on my ass....

I double checked all my steps and i did everything correctly... if anyone know any way i can double/tripple check it would be a huge help.....

Delete on handheld and Desktop is enables, reconciliation is on etc etc etc....
Old 04-15-2009, 11:02 AM   #8
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

Hmm ok well if you checked all your steps, are happy that perms are all set correctly and you did all the work as besadmin and not you, it's time to get checking the BES logs. Do have a good search on here first though as it must have happened before, although I can't recall this same scenario tbh. Personally I have only seen this scenario happen a lot in reverse (BB can't update but outlook can), and that is usually solved by perms or CDO/MAPI32. I have to think it's happened before though....
Old 04-15-2009, 11:05 AM   #9
dtufino

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuwhite View Post
Hmm ok well if you checked all your steps, are happy that perms are all set correctly and you did all the work as besadmin and not you, it's time to get checking the BES logs. Do have a good search on here first though as it must have happened before, although I can't recall this same scenario tbh. Personally I have only seen this scenario happen a lot in reverse (BB can't update but outlook can), and that is usually solved by perms or CDO/MAPI32. I have to think it's happened before though....
Yeah i searched and found several users that have had this same issue, but no one ever posted a resolution for it.... this is why i created a new thread.... it's really weird, MAPI and CDO are legit, every works fine.... just fricken weird as hell....

i'm frustrated now.... can;t figure this out for noodles!
Old 04-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #10
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtufino View Post
Yeah i searched and found several users that have had this same issue, but no one ever posted a resolution for it.... this is why i created a new thread.... it's really weird, MAPI and CDO are legit, every works fine.... just fricken weird as hell....

i'm frustrated now.... can;t figure this out for noodles!
Ok well get into those logs and find us some errors . After that you might have to join the dark side, sorry I mean call T-Support
Old 04-24-2009, 04:10 AM   #11
byrnea

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Logs

Sorry I'm following this thread as I have same problem for a couple of my users. It's wierd I have my bb running off the same BES same firmware versions etc and profile but different behaviour.

Where are the logs I should be looking at?

Thank you
Old 04-24-2009, 04:18 AM   #12
freakinvibe
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Class
Carrier: Swisscom

Now we have three different thread posters in this thread and the answers to their questions will be spread and mixed all over the place. To be fair to the original poster, can the others please open separate threads?

(Sorry, I am not a moderator, but hijacking a thread called "Email Reconcile Exchange 2007" with a question like "Where are the logs"? is just not on)
Old 04-25-2009, 04:26 AM   #13
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakinvibe View Post
Now we have three different thread posters in this thread and the answers to their questions will be spread and mixed all over the place. To be fair to the original poster, can the others please open separate threads?

(Sorry, I am not a moderator, but hijacking a thread called "Email Reconcile Exchange 2007" with a question like "Where are the logs"? is just not on)
To be fair to byrnea, he/she wants to know where the logs are to fix this same issue. I am all for anti-hijacking posts but I don't see that as a hijack to be honest. But my answer to byrnea would be to search the forum if you don't know where yours logs are coz a) there are many threads on it and b) if you don't know where your logs are you may have a job understanding what's in there .
Old 04-29-2009, 12:02 PM   #14
byrnea

Carrier: Vodafone
Talking Logs or not

I am just trying to get to the bottom of the same problem lots of people seem to be having. It's dotted around various sites. I have come to the conclusion that the bb/exchange environment is basically flaky. Sometimes I delete a mail on my Outlook and it removes it from the bb, and sometimes it doesn't.

I'm now off to find another forum that may tell me how to refresh (i.e. delete and resend) the contents of the whole inbox, as I dare not ask the question here.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #15
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrnea View Post
I am just trying to get to the bottom of the same problem lots of people seem to be having. It's dotted around various sites. I have come to the conclusion that the bb/exchange environment is basically flaky. Sometimes I delete a mail on my Outlook and it removes it from the bb, and sometimes it doesn't.
It's not flakey when setup and running correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrnea View Post
I'm now off to find another forum that may tell me how to refresh (i.e. delete and resend) the contents of the whole inbox, as I dare not ask the question here.
That's a shame. All you have to do is search properly first and if nothing found, create a new thread and someone will help you. We all put a lot of time into BBF and don't like to repeat ourselves when we know the answers have already been posted. If you don't like my answer that you should know where your logs are if you are a BES admin, you are probably going to struggle with our responses anyway. A simple search will answer your log question, I just tried it. Based on your "flakey" comment above, you might want to get your environment running correctly before doing anything else.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:52 AM   #16
freakinvibe
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Class
Carrier: Swisscom

byrnea, open a separate thread and describe the exact problem you are having. Then we can help you. Any other forum requires this as well.
Closed Thread