BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
angelleah1981

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Exclamation Why is my mom's Blackberry Bold automatically inserting a text when trying to text?

Please Login to Remove!

My mother is very much technologically challenged. ha ha. She is more than 2,000 miles away and I am trying to help her with a problem she is having with her Bold. She says that she sent a text to someone and then the next day she decided she wanted to delete the text(s). She pushed the blackberry button and she thinks that instead of deleting the text(s) she did something else by accident. Now when she trys to text someone that text automatically pops up and she deletes it and it pops up again and she is accidentally sending that text to people. It's actually kinda funny but I'm sure it is driving her nuts. So someone please help !!!
Leah
Old 11-18-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
Tom
Admin & Founder

Model: 9800
PIN: UnDisclosed
Carrier: Rogers
Default Re: Why is my mom's Blackberry Bold automatically inserting a text when trying to tex

The only thing I can think of is if she saved it as a draft? It will continue being open and active as long as the draft is not deleted. The other parts kind of don't make sense, and the only other thing I can think of is to suggest doing a battery pull if there is a bug in the operating system.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
Jadey
BBF War Game Mod

Model: Z10
PIN: SEEKRIT innit
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Why is my mom's Blackberry Bold automatically inserting a text when trying to tex

Yup, sounding a bit buggy.

Try a battery pull. Failing that, if your mother doesn't mind losing all text messages on BB, open SMS section > at top of list click menu button > delete prior
Should just clear out the lot.

Bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut, but remote support is not always easy lol