BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 10:35 AM   #1
jimmycaps

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default Blackberry Bold Won't Turn On, Red light only blinks, PC won't recognize

Please Login to Remove!

Blackberry Bold Won't Turn On, Red light only blinks, PC won't recognize the phone when plugged in.

Essentially, the phone just stopped working one day. When I try to turn it on, the screen remains completely black. At first I get a solid red LED for about 10 seconds and then it is followed by a series of flashing red LEDs. It does this nonstop. I tried a plain battery pull and it didn't work. I tried replacing the battery with a new one and it didn't work.

I tried to sync it to the computer via Desktop Manager AND the application loader and the computer won't recognize the phone. I have tried multiple USB outlets. The only thing that happens when I plug it into the PC is I get the flashing red light again.

I have seen this problem reported many times, but no specific answers. I appreciate your help.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Blackberry Bold Won't Turn On, Red light only blinks, PC won't recognize

Was the phone dropped or did it get wet or even damp?
Old 11-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #3
jimmycaps

Default Re: Blackberry Bold Won't Turn On, Red light only blinks, PC won't recognize

It absolutely did not get wet or was dropped.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #4
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

Check out these threads in the FAQ:

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ

Check out the Sticky Threads here - General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold - BlackBerry Forums Support Community - for information on reloading the OS.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:06 PM   #5
jimmycaps

I solved the problem. Although I tried all 4 USB slots on the original PC and it wouldn't recognize the phone using the apploader and all other options, I decided to try a different computer. Once I loaded DM to my laptop, the device was recognized but was completely empty. I then loaded the operating system via apploader the phone then worked. I then restored my backup.

Thanks so much for all posts.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #6
hyperleona

Model: 9900
Carrier: T-MOBILE
Thumbs down Blackberry Bold Won't Turn On, Red light only blinks, PC won't recognize

I got a new Blackberry Bold 9900 in September, paid T-Mobile full price for it. The phone crashed at the end of last week. Shut down and won't turn on again. I have neither dropped it nor spilled water on it. It just crashed one day. It looks like new and it's only been six months since I first got it. I am supposed to have warranty for a year, but RIM says that carrier is responsible for the warranty, and T-Mobile could not find the info about the phone purchase and could do nothing about it. Only when I called them to cancel my contract, they said they found the info and can replace my phone.

I did cancel because I don't want to be with the company that is responsible for the phones they are selling only - quote - "as long as you're paying us money." If you get poor quality phone that crashes in 6 months for $600, it doesn't mean anything to them. Neither does the fact that I had two lines on my T-Mobile account for 2 years.

Therefore, if you have the new Blackberry Bold 9900, beware:

A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH IT.

It crashes for no reason and RIM is not responsible for the warranty.

Therefore, make sure you have insurance from your carrier, and if you're with T-Mobile, you're stuck with them, or you lose the phone like I did.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #7
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

The 9900 problem is well noted in our 9900 and Help sections.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 05-21-2012, 07:17 AM   #8
frazberry

Model: 9800
Carrier: digicel

i have the same problem with a 9800.... this happen while trying to update the phone. now im stuck and really need to restore my info.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #9
Deidre

Carrier: LIME

I bought a new Bold 9000 three weeks ago and now it would not charge and the LED light is flashing red. What can I do?
Old 12-24-2012, 05:41 AM   #10
Philmaklemon

Model: 9530
Default Re: Blackberry Storm 9530 Won't Turn On, Red light only blinks, PC won't recognize

I have the same problem but mine is a storm...please help.The solution here does not seem to work in my case..I would appreciate any help.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #11
IlProfessore

Carrier: medical
Exclamation Re: Blackberry Bold Won't Turn On, Red light only blinks, PC won't recognize

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycaps View Post
I solved the problem. Although I tried all 4 USB slots on the original PC and it wouldn't recognize the phone using the apploader and all other options, I decided to try a different computer. Once I loaded DM to my laptop, the device was recognized but was completely empty. I then loaded the operating system via apploader the phone then worked. I then restored my backup.

Thanks so much for all posts.
Please tell me how you solved! u did it just conneting the BB to other computer? with or without the battery in it? i'm desperate..txs for reply!
Closed Thread