BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 04:08 PM   #1
Mynoles1

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Sprint
Default Emails and Folders

Please Login to Remove!

I know there are hundreds of threads on this, but none quite address my question. I have BES, and a new 7130e, btw.

I use my BB like many of us, to keep abreast of incoming emails and hot items. I like to keep my BB "inbox" clean/current just as I do my desktop Outlook at work. Therefore, I use my folders on my Outlook for archive purposes.

On my desktop Outlook, if I read an email and move it to a folder, it is gone from the Inbox and saved for as long as needed. The very same email on my BB (I know it is not a true "inbox") will show as read, and even shows a folder icon next to it (for having been filed on my desktop) but does not clear out of my BB. I can deal with that.

What I have a problem with is when I eventually delete the message from my BB in order to keep the BB clean/current, the message gets deleted from the Outlook folder I filed with on my desktop - so in essence I have lost the email from both locations.

Is the only solution to move ALL my folders from my Outlook desktop to my "personal" .pst Folders in Outlook? That is a hell of a load on my C:Drive for 50 folders and thousands of archived emails that I must keep.

Any suggestions (I apologize for the length of this)??
Thanks
Old 12-27-2006, 10:33 PM   #2
balibe
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7100i

Two BB options you can check ...

From the Main Message Folder, go to Options .... Under Email Reconciliation, check ....

Delete On: If set to Mailbox & Handheld, you will delete on both. Can be changed to Handheld or Prompt. I use prompt so I can decide at the time of delete to remove from handheld only or both.

On Conflicts: Suggest Mailbox Wins as the setting.

Also may want look under Email Settings, then click thumbwheel and select Folder Redirection .... from there expand the necessary trees and verify you have all the folders selected you need.

balibe@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
"The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"
Old 12-27-2006, 11:34 PM   #3
Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART
Carrier: at&t

Also, BBs won't sync with personal folders...it set up to sync with your exchange mailbox, and subsequent folders, only.

Under Messages > Options, make sure you have "hide filed messages" set to "on". It will then "move" it to the folder, and be accessible by choosing "view folder" and selecting the appropriate Exchange folder.

I think, between the suggestion above, and mine, that should clear up all your problems.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:08 AM   #4
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

I keep my reconcile option set to delete on handheld as I really don't archive email on my Blackberry. This allows me to file (you have to eventually remember to delete filed email on the BB itself or have email expire over time) and delete email via the BB. It's a little more work but I prefer having the added flexibility. If I want to delete on both, I just file email into Delete Items and periodically clear Deleted Items on the BB.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:10 PM   #5
Deano Bravo

Model: 7100i

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi
I keep my reconcile option set to delete on handheld as I really don't archive email on my Blackberry. This allows me to file (you have to eventually remember to delete filed email on the BB itself or have email expire over time) and delete email via the BB. It's a little more work but I prefer having the added flexibility. If I want to delete on both, I just file email into Delete Items and periodically clear Deleted Items on the BB.
Can you move a message to a folder (previously created in Outlook) using the bberry? I only see the option to "save" msgs in the saved Msgs folder.
Closed Thread