Old 05-27-2009, 09:53 AM   #1
DacyJ
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9000
PIN: g Bomb!
Carrier: The Newest AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted (Hey I'm cool…)

So what are your thoughts on North Korea and the actions they have been doing? Now I'm reading that if their ships get searched the war is on.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:00 AM   #2
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

I think every bit of this is to act as a deterrent. Using Cold War tactics to prevent him (Kim) from being the next Saddam. Same strategy used by Iran. They use Nuclear programs as deterrent because the idea works.

The tough choice is to not overreact. All they want is a greater status internationally and to prevent an invasion. just my opinion.

Last edited by test54; 05-27-2009 at 10:56 AM..
Old 05-27-2009, 10:04 AM   #3
kathrynhr

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
... All they want is a greater status internationally and to prevent an invasion. just my opinion.
Mine too. That's what every nation wants, I'd say. Watching international diplomacy unfold is a lot like watching little kids at recess.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:28 PM   #4
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Bomb em back into the stone age!!!

Ez cheesy solution!

Kris
Old 05-27-2009, 07:03 PM   #5
test54
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
Bomb em back into the stone age!!!

Ez cheesy solution!

Kris
glad you would find it so easy to put soldiers in danger. I bet the US dead in any bombing missions would hardly say "Ez cheesy." I guess once a warmonger, always a war monger.

my post above is still my opinion. there is no need to risk anyone's lives because their goals are only to keep themselves from being invaded.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:13 PM   #6
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

How does bombing them back to the stone age endanger US soldiers other than the pilots. Thats what the stealth bombers are for. Just like their patch says when it absolutly positively needs to be taken out over night.

I have no issue putting soldiers in danger thats what they signed up for. Hence the guns and armerment and traing we give them via tax dollars..

If it was a draft i may think differently but these are volunteer soldiers.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:25 PM   #7
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650

We need to take them very seriously

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:50 PM   #8
DacyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky
I agree with you, this is either going to be nothing or a disaster. In a way a also agree with Lunk, but what would happen if we where to honestly do that?
Old 05-27-2009, 11:15 PM   #9
ScooterG
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: E71x
PIN: Up Models Rule.
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
Agreed.

And further thoughts:

To those that say bomb them to oblivion, seek first to understand. Have you ever been a part of any country that has been bombed to oblivion before? Right or wrong as you may see it? Nope, didn't think so...neither have I and I don't wish that upon anyone, no matter what their leader/dictator may do or say.

Russia, China and Japan need to lead the UN in handling this situation. It's their backyard, let them be the major players. The last thing we need is another Asian conflict in a recessionary time.

All the best to Obama in making the best decision for our country and it's future.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:58 AM   #10
test54
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
How does bombing them back to the stone age endanger US soldiers other than the pilots. Thats what the stealth bombers are for. Just like their patch says when it absolutly positively needs to be taken out over night.

I have no issue putting soldiers in danger thats what they signed up for. Hence the guns and armerment and traing we give them via tax dollars..

If it was a draft i may think differently but these are volunteer soldiers.
No battle or war is won by pilots alone. Even if its just special forces troops on the ground to scout target. But my point is that its unnecessary at this time.

Of course you take the situation seriously but do not overreact and force them into acting. My opinion as stated above is that their end game is simply existing and using their nuclear program as both a deterrent & negotiating tactic.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:25 AM   #11
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

If you want trigger happy unreasonable people having nukes that can reach the US then more power to ya pal....

I on the other hand don't really have a desire for a fanatic to have his finger on a button that can wipe my son off the planet...

Kris
Old 05-28-2009, 08:33 AM   #12
test54
BlackBerry Master

How do you know they are trigger happy? have they used that trigger? is your son in Japan or South Korea?
Old 05-28-2009, 12:34 PM   #13
DacyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54
How do you know they are trigger happy? have they used that trigger? is your son in Japan or South Korea?
Look at how many missiles they have shot into the sea of Japan, I agree with Lunk once again in that North Korea IS trigger happy and I think they are looking for a war no matter what is done. If you look at the time line yahoo.com has linked it shows all the crap they have done that they shouldn't have and show when they where doing what they should. I hate to say it but something is going to happen with NK and it isn't going to be good.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #14
test54
BlackBerry Master

How is test firing missiles considered being trigger happy? If so then we are the most trigger happy nation in the world. Ignoring the UN & the US is all part of negotiating tactic. atleast in my opinion.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:42 PM   #15
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
How is test firing missiles considered being trigger happy? If so then we are the most trigger happy nation in the world. Ignoring the UN & the US is all part of negotiating tactic. atleast in my opinion.
we arent under nuclear sanctions we can fire all the missles we want they cant. that makes them trigger happy.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:10 PM   #16
test54
BlackBerry Master

Well we ignore the UN why can't they? You even want to disband the UN.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:03 AM   #17
kathrynhr

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Quote:
What he said.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:45 AM   #18
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Well we ignore the UN why can't they? You even want to disband the UN.
I dont care if they disband or not I just want them out of the US. IM not even gonna argue this with you.

You are a no war give everyone hugs and kisses type of a person so I will not waste my time discussing war with you any more.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:49 AM   #19
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
I dont care if they disband or not I just want them out of the US. IM not even gonna argue this with you.

You are a no war give everyone hugs and kisses type of a person so I will not waste my time discussing war with you any more.
That is so typical of your approach to logic. Pathetic.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #20
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Having served in 2 different combat zone I will tell you that I wish war on no one... However, we must protect our nation from freaks having the ability to reach out and touch us from afar.

Give them notice, disband the testing or we will disband it for you. We don't need to turn the joint into a parking lot, we only need to turn the test sites and manufacturing sites into parking lots.

Simple solution.... Give them 30-days to prove it's over and done and if it's not or if they wish to continue to play games on day 31.... Bombs away...

Kris
Closed Thread