Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #1
RogersParkRob

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Sync issues with Outlook

Please Login to Remove!

I have a BB 8330 v4.5.0.186 and DM v5.0.1 running on windows 7 Outlook 07. Recently I noticed some calendar items were not syncing into my outlook calendar. Additionally, I started receiving errors of this variety (0x08004fd2b). I found a fix went to bed thnking wverything was back to normal. Woke up and my Outllok calendar was empty (data lose) but my bb calendar still had most of my appts. I've gone through several of the "solutions" listed but my outlook remains empty. First off, is this a BB issue or a Microsoft? Secondly, I've tried to sync my bb calendar to Outlook but it wont completely sync. I've tried to ass test appts in MS outllok and it wont save so I think it is a MS issue. But my calendar on my device is still present. Any thoughts?

By the way, I've done all the adv options "solutions" as well as the back-up restore thing.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: Sync issues with Outlook

Couple of things:

Don't assume anyone will really know what you are talking about when you say you've gone through the solutions listed. What solutions? What "adv options solutions"?

What was the fix you apparently tried before going to bed thinking everything was back to normal? What did you do?

Now... Do you have multiple email addresses on the BlackBerry? If so, you have multiple calendars. And one of the calendars is set as the default in default services in options. This is the calendar that sync's with options. It is possible something changed this setting. So, check and see what it is set to, and change it back if necessary. (It should be an email address. Set the default CMIME and the default CICAL to the same address.)

Also, about the error, empty records, corrupt records, and oddball characters in a record can throw errors. I believe I read sometime somewhere someone had a problem caused by very extensive notes in calendar.

One other thing: Are you sync'ing your calendar (BlackBerry or Outlook) with anything else, or just BlackBerry <> Outlook?

Unless you are sync'ing with something else, I suspect your default CICAL got changed somehow. As a first step, check you defaults and correct if necessary. Then re-sync with Outlook (select to update records on both BlackBerry and Outlook using the records on the BlackBerry.) See if that at least gets your calendar back in Outlook.

If your sync errors out, I would clear your calendar on the BlackBerry using Desktop Manager and then selectively restore your calendar from your latest backup, then try to re-sync again.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
RogersParkRob

Model: 8330

Thanks for responding... I have one calendar... My fix last night was renaming intellisync to fix a x08004b2db (shows up on google right away). Other solutions include deleting a facebook cical in service book, deleting unused apps as I thought i might have a space issue, changing cical in defaul services... which somehow was on facebook. (down loading the facebook ap was prolly not to smart). The odd thing is contacts and tasks sync perfectly fine. But the calendar will not sync to outlook. The calendar on my bb has all the appointments, but it just wont sync over to outllok. The worst is I've been syncing my calendar for several years and haven't had a problem til now.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:58 AM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Facebook was one of the possibilities I had in mind.

If you have facebook installed still, deleting the service book will not do any long term good; it will just get pushed back to your device. Better to leave it alone and change the default CICAL, if you want to keep facebook. Otherwise, delete the facebook app.

I'm not sure why you can't sync once you correct the CICAL. Doublecheck the setting and make sure it stayed set to the email address. Also open calendar, open menu, and see if you have other calendars. Select each one in turn and see if you calendar entries are on the BlackBerry where you think they are. If all is as it should be, then modify your sync settings in Desktop Manager to sync calendar one way from device to Outlook, then try again. Afterward you can set the sync options back to two-way sync.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 09-16-2011, 04:54 PM   #5
Green Cart
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post

Now... Do you have multiple email addresses on the BlackBerry? If so, you have multiple calendars.
Is that also true for multiple Contacts?

Also, is that also true for multiple Memo Pads or Notes and Tasks? The reason I am asking about all that because Microsoft Outlook has contacts, calendar, notes, and tasks in one place on PC as a result of BB being sync to Outlook.

However, I am getting confused whether or not there is a separate Outlook on PC for each multiple email address on BB.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:09 PM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

I was speaking of calendars on the BlackBerry. If you have multiple email addresses, you can see this yourself. But this particular case of a calendar for each email does not apply to address book and so forth. However, there are other things you may be doing that would create another address book.

I don't know what you mean by separate Outlook. I can say, as indicated above, that desktop manager only sync's one calendar database on the BlackBerry with the Outlook calendar database on the computer. I don't have experience with an additional contacts database on the BlackBerry.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:53 AM   #7
anandsaini

Model: 8520
Carrier: mobile engineer

always use only microsoft office xp and outlook
Old 10-03-2011, 06:22 PM   #8
YorkshireDave

Model: 9800
Carrier: Orange

Sorry. I almost hijacked the thread! A new one is started.

Last edited by YorkshireDave; 10-03-2011 at 06:23 PM..
Closed Thread