garthfan0523
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Desktop Manager 6.0.1.18 and Applications

Please Login to Remove!

Hey, all.

I don't use the Desktop Manager for very much and just plugged the 8320 in tonight to play around with it.

I noticed under the Applications list that it only shows a small handful of applications that I personally downloaded over the years. I remember that the old version of DM used to allow me to pick and choose ALL of the applications that are installed on my BB but I can't find a way to do that with this version at all.

My application memory is showing 64MB with only 1MB free and there's a bunch of junk I know I could do without but, without showing them in the application list, how do I work with them??? Example: I have the stupid MySpace application installed on the BB but it doesn't show up in the Applications list....
Old 07-06-2011, 05:22 AM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: Desktop Manager 6.0.1.18 and Applications

Desktop Manager should be showing all the applications installed on the device, even third-party apps. Mine does.

The "applications" you see on the device, like MySpace, that you do not see on the device but not in Desktop Manager, are you looking at icons, or the installed applications in the device options screen? Is that MySpace icon simply a download link pushed from your carrier?
Old 07-06-2011, 08:14 AM   #3
garthfan0523
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Re: Desktop Manager 6.0.1.18 and Applications

Hi! Thanks for the reply.

I had to downgrade to my old 8320 after losing my HD2 a couple months ago and the first thing I did when I took it out of the drawer was check the web for all the updates I knew would be out there. As a result, I ended up downloading the latest version of DM.

What I remember from the old version of DM that I was running over a year ago is that, under the Applications screen, it showed a vertical, almost Microsoft Explorer-like, list of ALL applications - pre-installed parent bundles with the child apps beneath and all third-party apps. Each app had a checkbox next to it that allowed you to select or de-select an app for installation or deletion as needed.

On this current version of DM, when I click on Applications and it populates the list from the device, all I see are the third-party apps and that's it. I don't see the Core Applications, BrickBreaker, YahooIM, BBM, etc, that I used to see on the old version.

Also, after further investigation, it appears that the MySpace icon that I used as an example is, as you suggested, just a download link. Any way to eliminate those other than just hiding them? Either way, I'd still like to figure out the DM issue....

Thanks for any and all help!
Closed Thread