Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 01:03 AM   #1
rjansen3
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint
Question 2 phone numbers....and how?

Please Login to Remove!

My girlfriend just recently got her first blackberry. She has the 8830 on Verizon, although I know the answer will have nothing to do with the RIMM hardware itself, I have been beating my head in about this. She used to have a side kick, tonight, she innocently asked me to call that phones old number to see if anyone had it now. I obliged. I bring up the number, hit talk, and her Verizon phone starts ringing. Keep in mind, her verizon phone has always and continues to have a different phone number. Out of sheer disbelief, I hang up. I try again, the verizon phone starts ringing. we have her room mate try calling the
t mobile number....and again, the verizon phone rings. I am blown away, i had her dial the number from her own phone, and it went to her voicemail, asked for her password, and proceded to play her t mobile phone number. her tmobile account was taken over by a different person. Anyway, I've already written too much. Is it possible for one phone to have 2 numbers? The only thing that i could think of, she did use call forwarding to forward her t mobile calls to her verizon, for one day, months ago, and stopped the forwarding later the same day. anyway, if anyone has any idea how we cast this voodoo spell, let us know, we're stumped
Old 09-14-2007, 06:55 AM   #2
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

The 8830 is a dual mode phone ... it does CDMA and GSM ... she apparently has an active CDMA plan and a valid SIM card in there from T-Mobile. I didn't know you could have 2 voice plans on it; thought it would be only 2 data plans ... apparently not.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:16 AM   #3
H-bomb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdawg View Post
The 8830 is a dual mode phone ... it does CDMA and GSM ... she apparently has an active CDMA plan and a valid SIM card in there from T-Mobile. I didn't know you could have 2 voice plans on it; thought it would be only 2 data plans ... apparently not.
The 8830 from VZW is (of course) locked to only accept vodaphone SIM cards. Unless they've unlocked it, a t-mobile SIM will just give the "invalid SIM" message.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:01 AM   #4
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

Well I am a horrible liar! Thank you for the correction H
Closed Thread