juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franktheITguy
We upgraded to the 4.0 BES and 4.0 desktop software last year. Since then, one user who owns a 7250, has had a problem with the All Day Event appearing as 00:00 to 23:59. Any time an All day event is created on his Outlook 2003 calendar and is synched (wireless or wired) the appt appears at midnight. It is not viewed with the diamond at top of the screen as before the upgrade.

If he tries to change it to an all day event within the BB, it appears as two days and need further modifications.

All day events created on the BB work and appear correctly.

I've search the forum and found responses with Time Zone on the PC. The PC is correct and synch occurs with the wireless 4.0 BES. Any ideas?
Thanks
I am now having this problem since I upgraded to SP4, HF3. This did NOT happen when I was still at SP3...... I'm going to contact RIM and see what they have to say. I have the following files/versions on the BES now:

CDO.dll - 6.5.7226.0
EMSMDB32.DLL - 6.5.7232.41
MAPI32.DLL - 6.5.7226.0

...and RIM assured me these are the correct versions.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:01 AM   #22
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

After some more testing, I found this issue is happening on my 7100i (OS 4.1), but not on a co-worker's 7520 (OS 4.0). Hmmmmm.....
Old 07-25-2006, 08:23 AM   #23
Dirky
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68
After some more testing, I found this issue is happening on my 7100i (OS 4.1), but not on a co-worker's 7520 (OS 4.0). Hmmmmm.....
Are you sure this is related to BES? I tried this at the weekend with wireless turned off and it still saved the all day event with the end date before the start date?

Mike
Old 07-25-2006, 08:25 AM   #24
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

No, I'm not sure it's related to BES. Could very well be a bug with the 7100 OS (Lord knows it's buggy enough, though).

I'm still going to ask RIM and see what they say.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:13 AM   #25
Blartman

Model: 8707v
Carrier: Vodafone

It was happening with 4.10.286 on his BB

Others were OK, so it wasn't the BES. Can't find any article about it on the website, but nothing new there...!
Old 07-26-2006, 07:31 AM   #26
Dirky

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68
No, I'm not sure it's related to BES. Could very well be a bug with the 7100 OS (Lord knows it's buggy enough, though).

I'm still going to ask RIM and see what they say.
I called T-Mobile UK this morning and got through to Technical Support. One of the agents was able to test it whilst I was on the phone and it did it for him.
He called me back and said it was nothing to do with tmobile and was a BB issue and I would have to call Blackberry to get this resolved.
I expressed my disgust at this and am now awaiting a call back from his manager.
How can they claim it is "not something which we support on that phone".
Surely tmobile should escalate this problem on my behalf?

Mike
Old 07-26-2006, 03:57 PM   #27
Blartman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirky
I called T-Mobile UK this morning and got through to Technical Support. One of the agents was able to test it whilst I was on the phone and it did it for him.
He called me back and said it was nothing to do with tmobile and was a BB issue and I would have to call Blackberry to get this resolved.
I expressed my disgust at this and am now awaiting a call back from his manager.

Mike
If you're in the UK, I think you need a support contract with Blackberry to be able to contact them directly. T-Mobile should be doing this for you. Anyhoo.. check out the T-Mobile website and see if they have a later code version for your BB.

It seems a bit odd that you have 286, someone else on here has 286 and the same problem, and my colleague had it too....
Old 07-26-2006, 04:25 PM   #28
wibbly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirky

Mike
Not Good. But an email to RIM often helps. I'm a consumer on T-Mobile in the UK and had a problem with Google Talk. I emailed RIM and they responded and followed up. Mind you it took them a week or more of going round in circles until someone said my problem was a known one and escalled to devt. That's all you can hope for, really, getting RIM to at least admit there's a reproducible problem to be fixed. In this case I think they already know, from the look of the links I posted above.

Still a bit sloppy, IMHO, that something like this should slip through testing both by RIM and at T-Mobile (who I think test releases themselves too)
Old 07-26-2006, 04:52 PM   #29
Dirky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly
Not Good. But an email to RIM often helps. I'm a consumer on T-Mobile in the UK and had a problem with Google Talk. I emailed RIM and they responded and followed up. Mind you it took them a week or more of going round in circles until someone said my problem was a known one and escalled to devt. That's all you can hope for, really, getting RIM to at least admit there's a reproducible problem to be fixed. In this case I think they already know, from the look of the links I posted above.

Still a bit sloppy, IMHO, that something like this should slip through testing both by RIM and at T-Mobile (who I think test releases themselves too)
I ended up getting a call back not from the manager but a nice technical support man called Miles from T-Mobiles Blackberry Team.

He was aware of the problem with the all day event but admitted to only finding out about it yesterday when somebody else called with the same issue. He said he knew of the RIM knowledge base article but it did not resolve the issue. He said RIM are working on a fix for it and he would notify me when anything was released.
I quizzed him about BIS 2.0 too, he was expecting this "soon" and said he should have had a training session on it today but it had been cancelled due to some problems with the new release.

So I came off the phone feeling much more satisfied and rather please with the support I had got.

Mike
Old 08-08-2006, 03:30 AM   #30
Blartman

I've been away on hols - did you ever get this sorted, Dirky?
Old 08-09-2006, 04:31 AM   #31
Dirky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blartman
I've been away on hols - did you ever get this sorted, Dirky?
Hi Bartman,
no but I got a nice email from the tmobile BB man. He says it is fixed in 4.2 but that it will be some time before it is released to the public. BB have not released it to t-mobile for testing yet,

Mike
Old 03-01-2007, 04:08 PM   #32
RamshakleZ

Model: 8100

I have 4.2 on my phone... and I still have this problem. Any progress or a resolution on this?
Old 03-06-2007, 04:27 PM   #33
stlduckhunter
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: ATT

I just install the 2007 DST patch and it cured all my all day event problems----
Old 03-14-2007, 11:32 AM   #34
ivanmor
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers
Smile Weird Issue

I have hear alot of these issues in the past, but a client never had them until they installed the DST patch.

Nothing else was changes, BES got updated (ok, new CDO.dll ) and the tzmove tool was used on his outlook.

Now whats happening is, from outlooks, all is great. From the bb, when a new all day is created, it shows up in outlook as being from 1am to 1am of the next day, from the day created to the next.

Does anyone have any proof this is an issue?

Thanks!

(How a DST patch, can have so many security fixes... amazes me! Anyone on exchange knows what I mean... ;) SendAS!! )

Last edited by ivanmor; 03-14-2007 at 11:40 AM..
Old 03-14-2007, 01:09 PM   #35
puckplayer4
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: Ask if you like
Carrier: AT&T

I had similar issue here. Pre-DST patch I had a number of all day events (no time slated, had the diamond on top, etc.). Post DST patch, they looked normal in my Outlook calendar, but on BB would show as litterally all day appt (from midnight to midnight on that paricular day). Only way around it for me was to delete them via outlook and redo. Now fine. Thankfully, there weren't that many future ones I needed to worry about.

Oh and btw, all the calendar info was the same for time zone, dst, etc.....checked multiple times.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:15 PM   #36
ivanmor
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

My problem is pretty much the same, BUT when created in outlook, no problems, looks like it should, its ONLY when the item is created on the handset that the item in outlook appears as a 1-1 all day even, since it goes over by an hour, turns into a two day appointment, from 1-1 so not even an all day even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckplayer4
I had similar issue here. Pre-DST patch I had a number of all day events (no time slated, had the diamond on top, etc.). Post DST patch, they looked normal in my Outlook calendar, but on BB would show as litterally all day appt (from midnight to midnight on that paricular day). Only way around it for me was to delete them via outlook and redo. Now fine. Thankfully, there weren't that many future ones I needed to worry about.

Oh and btw, all the calendar info was the same for time zone, dst, etc.....checked multiple times.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:09 PM   #37
brudiak

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Outlook All-Day Events Misbehave

Same issue. Running Desktop Manager 4.2.2 SP2 with a BB 8800, Windows XP2, and Outlook 2003 SP2.

All-day events in MS Outlook get translated into one-day events spanning midnight-to-midnight when I sync via Desktop Manager/USB. Note that I do a full delete of the calendar on the BB and refresh (import) the version from Outlook. It doesn't matter if I use the Outlook calendar from the local PST file or the one on the Exchange server.

After the sync (import) operation, I can set the all-day event in the BB calendar application and the blue diamond appears.

Issue started after DST fracas earlier this year. Curiously went away for awhile (maybe due to earlier version of Desktop Mgr), but it sure doesn't work on 4.2.2 SP2. Tried reloading earlier versions of DTM, but no luck.

Most annoying...
Closed Thread