Old 04-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #1
ejmm22
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
PIN: 24E8FFE9
Carrier: AT&T + Movistar.ve
Default sending back mine to switch to tmobile

Please Login to Remove!

I finally had it with at&t, besides the fact that mobile plans are way cheaper.
Have any of you had any bad experience with the services offered by mobile?
Old 04-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: sending back mine to switch to tmobile

You first need to make sure that T-Mo has the coverage you need, when and where you need it, i.e. where you live, work travel and play. Cheaper is no good if you cannot use it.

T-Mo is number four (and cheap) for a reason, they just don't have the coverage of AT&T Verizon or Sprint.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 04-04-2013, 07:34 AM   #3
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Also, they now have greatly restricted data roaming both domestically and internationally. Cheaper is NOT always better.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #4
fourstringfuror
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Q10
Carrier: VZW

But they have a girl on a pink motorcycle! That has to count for something.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #5
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Restricted data roaming is the potential big deal for me, but so far I haven't been in a travel situation where I've been impacted. You can mitigate the impact to some degree by doing as much as possible on wifi only, but if I were roaming and using mobile data a lot (for example navigation) over for a significant period of time during a month it would become a problem. But so far when I have been roaming it has been for short durations and I haven't hit the cap.

As far as coverage, I travel a lot and I have very seldom found myself in a location without any connection at all, but lucky for me when I have it has been while on the move or not at a stop for very long. That's not to say it won't happen to you if you get off the beaten path. But it's like Dub says, you need to look at where you will be using the device most of the time. Take a look at T-Mobile's coverage map. I have found it to be pretty honest.

As far as T-Mobile in general, I've been happy, the data roaming restrictions aside.

Last edited by aiharkness; 04-04-2013 at 08:11 PM..
Old 04-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #6
garpt

PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejmm22 View Post
I finally had it with at&t, besides the fact that mobile plans are way cheaper.
Have any of you had any bad experience with the services offered by mobile?
I am down south from you in Broward County, FL. I was with AT&T for over 16 years but got pi**sed off when they would not wave the activation fee for a 2 phone account after all these years. And the phones were $100 more each! Got a email while I was in the ATT store that T-Mobile had just received the Z10. I walked out and went there.
We have two Z-10's on a family plan with unlimited data and phone. No speed caps. Total with all taxes is about $170/ mo. including the $18.00 per month for each phone on the monthly payment plan. After 23 months, the bill will go down $36.00/ mo, because the phones will be paid for.
We are very happy with service, my 4G icon is almost always on. We've driven as far North as Palm Beach and South to Miami. We only lost phone service once when we were INSIDE Adrian Arshct Theater watching Diana Krall Tuesday. However, we still did have data service. So, overall, we are very happy so far with T-Mobile and saving about $80/mo. over AT&T WITH unlimited service.
But, AT&T IS the 800-lb. gorilla, so check the coverage map carefully for where you will be using T-Mobiles services the majority of the time.

Gary
Old 04-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #7
ejmm22
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 24E8FFE9
Carrier: AT&T + Movistar.ve

I'm saving even more now with tmobile. I worked in Venezuela (self-employed) and live in the US and didn't know tmobile also has a $10/month unlimited international calls and texts.
I also called them and asked them to unlock my phone and instead of having to argue with at least 4 people like in at&t, they just asked for my Imai and said I would get the code in my email in 72 hours
Old 04-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #8
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

garpt touched on something I should have mentioned. One more thing to be aware of is T-Mobile signal indoors can be poor to non-existent. Not always, but often enough you start noticing when other people have mobile service and you don't. If you have wifi then it won't be a problem.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #9
Bluffheights90814
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

T-Mobile is noted for their customer service, especially Blackberry technical help and there 4G network where I live as been excellent!

I am in Southern Calif and consistently get a strong 4G signal as well as Wi-Fi when needed.

My rate dropped $20 after I went to their no contact plan ($80/month 2 phone family plan)!

One time when I bricked my BB9900, T-Mobile tech worked with me for an hour and then referred me to RIM'sTech rep in Canada and after another hour I finally got my phone working! Great work with both customer services!

I have had T-Mobile eversince I have had cellphones and have NEVER been disappointed with the service, plans or products (Blackberry that is!)
Old 04-07-2013, 08:22 AM   #10
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluffheights90814 View Post
T-Mobile is noted for their customer service, especially Blackberry technical help and there 4G network where I live as been excellent!

I am in Southern Calif and consistently get a strong 4G signal as well as Wi-Fi when needed.

My rate dropped $20 after I went to their no contact plan ($80/month 2 phone family plan)!

One time when I bricked my BB9900, T-Mobile tech worked with me for an hour and then referred me to RIM'sTech rep in Canada and after another hour I finally got my phone working! Great work with both customer services!

I have had T-Mobile eversince I have had cellphones and have NEVER been disappointed with the service, plans or products (Blackberry that is!)
That's excellent! Glad you're having a good experience.