LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority
Default Sick & Tired!

Please Login to Remove!

*Rant of massive proportions!*

I am SICK and TIRED of people who come here and bash the mods for doing their job! They do not get paid a cent for doing this and they do it because they love BB's just like *most* of us do....

New Posters: If they move your thread it's because it belongs in a different area! They do not do this to harass, mess with, or bother you. Trust me, they are *not* trolling you! they are moving it to the proper area so everyone can benefit for the question and the answer! If they close a thread because the question has been asked and answered several thousand times over it is because web space costs money. I assume this site is on a budget... It's free for all of us and I know that web space is not cheap nor free for a site of this size...

Longtime posters: Most here are *awesome* and give out very good info... A *few* are rude and unhelpful and also not only bash the mod's but bash other long time posters.... For the *very few* longtime posters who fit here then I have to ask whey are you still a member here? Why do you bother slamming others to try and make yourself look brilliant???

I have been on these boards for almost 2 1/2 years now and am pretty *sick and tired* of reading mod bashing! They do it for free and they do it because they love BlackBerry's, just as everyone reading this does! They have knowledge above the average user and they are all helpful!

If you want to attack a Mod or a poster then please do it in PM......

*/End rant of massive proportions!!*

Thanks for reading..... I feel better now

Last edited by LunkHead; 03-25-2007 at 08:18 PM..
Old 03-25-2007, 08:24 PM   #2
brucejr
BlackBerry Master

Model: 666
Carrier: ?

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Amen brother! This is true in any forum. They are volunteers who do an awesome job. I will have to say that in this forum I have had great interactions with the MOD's. I agree, these forums are not for personal attacks. PM the person for these discussions.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:34 PM   #3
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Some of the mods are getting sick and tired of it, too...
I certainly don't speak for all...
Old 03-25-2007, 08:38 PM   #4
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Nj, I know the bashing is massive and the support minimal, BUT thanks for taking the time (that comment is for ALL mods) and putting up with all the crud that comes with it....

You all do an awesome job and that is part of the reason I have been here so long!
Old 03-25-2007, 08:58 PM   #5
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

Thanks; you are a credit to LunkHeads everywhere
Old 03-25-2007, 09:13 PM   #6
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

It's *not* easy being a Lunkhead (dumb as a box of rocks) but thanks! My peeps will be proud! LOL
Old 03-25-2007, 10:30 PM   #7
brucejr
BlackBerry Master

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Don't worry LH you're not alone. Us peeps gots your back!
Old 03-25-2007, 10:31 PM   #8
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

We are all sick of the bashing. I'm sick of it for sure. This thread is funny because NJ and I had a short PM conversation about this today. I enjoy coming on and helping out folks who say, "help, my BB is dead...How do I fix it?" Helping someone fix their problems and learn something in the process is what keeps me here. None of us know everything about BB. I've posted plenty of wrong info in my almost 2 years here. However, that's how we learn.

Just a quick plug for NJ....and he'll probably hate me for posting this but... He probably spends more time here than anyone. I, for one, notice big time when he's not here because there are many questions out there going unanswered. Some may call that being a post hog. I call it being helpful and always there to help. NJ is one of the best members/moderators we have.

Thanks, NJ!

Thanks to every one of the helpful moderators/members we have here. We've recently surpassed 100,000 members and it's because everyone is helpful and friendly, moderators AND members alike. That's the way this board should be kept. I, for one, won't let bad attitudes of a few others get in the way of that. I've learned much from everyone here, moderators and members alike. I have no formal tech background and don't work a tech job. I am a dumb pilot. I learned everything BlackBerry from here-(and with a little help from my IT guy.) Thanks to all!!

JC
Old 03-25-2007, 10:38 PM   #9
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark
We are all sick of the bashing. I'm sick of it for sure. This thread is funny because NJ and I had a short PM conversation about this today. I enjoy coming on and helping out folks who say, "help, my BB is dead...How do I fix it?" Helping someone fix their problems and learn something in the process is what keeps me here. None of us know everything about BB. I've posted plenty of wrong info in my almost 2 years here. However, that's how we learn.

Just a quick plug for NJ....and he'll probably hate me for posting this but... He probably spends more time here than anyone. I, for one, notice big time when he's not here because there are many questions out there going unanswered. Some may call that being a post hog. I call it being helpful and always there to help. NJ is one of the best members/moderators we have.

Thanks, NJ!

Thanks to every one of the helpful moderators/members we have here. We've recently surpassed 100,000 members and it's because everyone is helpful and friendly, moderators AND members alike. That's the way this board should be kept. I, for one, won't let bad attitudes of a few others get in the way of that. I've learned much from everyone here, moderators and members alike. I have no formal tech background and don't work a tech job. I am a dumb pilot. I learned everything BlackBerry from here-(and with a little help from my IT guy.) Thanks to all!!

JC
Very well said JC....! Even though I am *trolling* you, I agree 100%

I have ZERO previous BB background skills ( I still don't know jack about BES) and I have learned EVERYTHING from these boards.... Mostly from posts the Mods have made.... i try and pass on what I have learned but like anyone else I am human and make mistakes (you punked me out a few months ago, remember)

I just do not understand why everyone bashes on the Mod's and to be honest, I am quite fed up with it! You Mod's are the BEST resource (knowledge wise) this forum has going!

Ok, enough of that..... back to trolling you now!!!!!
Old 03-26-2007, 08:55 AM   #10
blakeatl
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead
Very well said JC....! Even though I am *trolling* you, I agree 100%

I have ZERO previous BB background skills ( I still don't know jack about BES) and I have learned EVERYTHING from these boards.... Mostly from posts the Mods have made.... i try and pass on what I have learned but like anyone else I am human and make mistakes (you punked me out a few months ago, remember)

I just do not understand why everyone bashes on the Mod's and to be honest, I am quite fed up with it! You Mod's are the BEST resource (knowledge wise) this forum has going!

Ok, enough of that..... back to trolling you now!!!!!

I would like to learn the insides of the blackberry myself. I am too cheap to purchase BES, but I do want to learn it myself.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:22 AM   #11
BBAdmin

Model: .
Carrier: .

You see, this is the type of thread I need to hear on a Monday!!!

Bashing is simply one of those things that happens, especialy towards mods as they're viewed as an authority figure sometimes. If I get ten of my mates in a room it's unlikely they'll all agree on everything - get 100,000 people on a forum and you can see how bashing happens!!!!

Old 03-26-2007, 03:05 PM   #12
Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART
Carrier: at&t

You definitely need a thick skin to do what we do. The Mods here definitely do a good job of having each other's back, whether we carry the same viewpoint or not.

I appreciate this thread.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:30 PM   #13
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Hey--ALL of you Mods and Non-Mods like Lunkhead and Blake, I've learned a lot from all of you, and I get defensive when I read someone bashing anyone who has honestly tried to answer a poster's question.

Anyway, thank you Moderators and others for what you do and what I have learned from you all, for your thick-skin, intelligent advice and service you provide...
Old 03-26-2007, 03:37 PM   #14
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBAdmin
You see, this is the type of thread I need to hear on a Monday!!!

Bashing is simply one of those things that happens, especialy towards mods as they're viewed as an authority figure sometimes. If I get ten of my mates in a room it's unlikely they'll all agree on everything - get 100,000 people on a forum and you can see how bashing happens!!!!
Oh what a funny sight. - BBAdmin uses the term bashing right next to his avatar. Thanks for the support Lunky.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:57 PM   #15
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
Oh what a funny sight. - BBAdmin uses the term bashing right next to his avatar.
Ha ha ha! Good catch SD as I just noticed that myself!!!!
Old 03-26-2007, 05:02 PM   #16
BBChristopher
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000

Mods do a great job...

Thanks for all the hard work, and the volunteerism...

Full supporter here....
850, 950, 957, 7100, 7130, 8100, 8800, 8310, 9000
Old 03-26-2007, 06:55 PM   #17
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile
Smile

I do beleieve just about every mod has helped me out in my active time here. I have always tried to pass on anything I have learned to others so as to help lighten there load. Also to educate myself. I have learned more about my BB since october than the previous 2 years of use. There certainly are some awesome mods and non-mods always quick to lend their knowledge. To bash these people is ridiculous in my opinion.

personally I'd like to reach back and strong side pimp slap some of the bashers!!! unfortnately I can't so I ignore them. If they have no audience they tend to shut up!!!

Thanks to all the mods and non mods who have helped myself and everyother user in need of their help.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:28 PM   #18
brucejr
BlackBerry Master

Props to the Moderators, it is sometimes a thankless job but a very appreciated one from this BB novice!! Based upon Mods suggestions I have made strides towards intermediate status!! From SD, JC, Pizzle, NJBB, finch, BBAdmin, bfrye, paulbblc, coreyg510, MrKyoo, Seattle18 and all those who have helped me directly and indirectly.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:05 PM   #19
rivviepop

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

You know, I kinda hate the mods here - they're too d*mn helpful. I want me a mod who'll slap a newbie down without reading his question, not some helpful pushover like NJ or John who is like "just delete vendor.xml" all the time. How is this forum supposed to keep up a rep on the streets if all these mods are all happy-friendly nice guys and not evil bastards? This place'll get jumped in a dark alley if the mods don't toughen up and crack some skulls.

==
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm
Old 03-26-2007, 10:22 PM   #20
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivviepop
You know, I kinda hate the mods here - they're too d*mn helpful. I want me a mod who'll slap a newbie down without reading his question, not some helpful pushover like NJ or John who is like "just delete vendor.xml" all the time. How is this forum supposed to keep up a rep on the streets if all these mods are all happy-friendly nice guys and not evil bastards? This place'll get jumped in a dark alley if the mods don't toughen up and crack some skulls.

==
Sarcasm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Now that was freaking FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread