Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 01:21 AM   #1
adamkie4

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon W.
Default Desktop Manager 5.0 and internet explorer lag time issue

Please Login to Remove!

I upgraded my desktop manager from an earlier 4.x version to 5.0 so I could upgrade my blackberry's os, but now when I start up my pc (windows xp service pack 3) Internet explorer 7 takes 2-3 min. to get to my home page, tried IE 6, opened with no add ons, disabled IE and tried using safari, but on a restart or cold boot, no browser will go straight to home page, just a blank page for 2-3 min., cleared history too. after opening IE I can click on it any time after the first boot and it pops right up with no problem. laptop is a Compaq Evo n620c, tried wifi and hardwired, I uninstall desktop manager 5.0, and IE 7 opens in about 5-10 sec's, don't think this will help but I have an 8330 from verizon, I have tried to go back to what I believe was 4.3 desktop manager and it still does the hang up on start up or reboot. Did the full uninstall reinstall suggested above in this thread and still having issues, please help thanks.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:46 AM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

run - msconfig
startup tab
uncheck anything RIM or Blackberry related.
This should let the PC boot up quicker, allowing browsers to work faster.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 11-01-2009, 07:33 PM   #3
adamkie4

I have done that, msconfig, I have unchecked everyone of the startups with no avail, I have deleted the prefetch files, the only thing I could think of is it has to do with something with being on a network, maybe some option that is telling bb desktop software to be searching for something online, or a something to do with a registry key, but not sure how to check and change these settings with out completely screwing up my pc, any other ideas would be appreciated, thanks
Old 11-08-2009, 12:47 AM   #4
adamkie4

Fixed it, I ended up going to run, msconfig, clicked on the services tab, checked the box at the bottom that says "hide all microsoft services", then unchecked all services that I know I do not need to run in the background when my pc is running, this is where you need to know what processes you need to be running or your computer won't run well, so do this at your own risk, if this is happening to other people, try deleting stuff out of your startup folder or uncheck items in the startup tab under msconfig first before going into the service tab, one day I might actually one by one figure out which process was slowing the boot of local connections when BB desktop is installed, just glad it is working well now
Old 11-14-2009, 01:25 AM   #5
ivboy

Model: 8900
Carrier: Ivan

Hi

I have the similar problem ...or same ... i format my pc and the xp starts for a bout 25 - 30 seconds ... after installing Desktop Manager it needs 2 :30 minutes ... it seems like some process is waiting to be up and then some of the Desktop Manager process like RoxWatch9.exe, RoxLiveShare9.exe, RoxioUpnpService9.exe are killed automatically, and the xp is rexxx1072;dy to use ... it is not problem for me to wait but why wait for 3 minutes when you can wait 1min :smileyhappy:...
i haven't try nothing yet ...so any suggestion ??? ....

using xp sp2 ... blackberry curve 8900

Excuse me for my poor english ! :smileyhappy:

Thanks in advanced!
Closed Thread