Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 01:11 AM   #1
davids331

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Bluetooth Outgoing Volume Very LOW

Please Login to Remove!

I am a long time BB user, just got a Tour about a week or two ago. So far, except for one thing, its the best BB that I have had to date, including my bad experiences with the Storm.

I have noticed that when using the Tour with a Bluetooth headset, everyone tells me that my outgoing volume if very low. I have been using the same headsets for a long time. Never had a problem with these on my 8830, nor if I pair them to my wife's Motorola RAZR. Only on my Tour is the outgoing volume very low, using the same headsets. Verizon has already replaced the device once. They even suggested that I try using the Jawbone Prime, which was just as low Even when I called Verizon today twice, they confirmed my low volume.

They want me to replace the device again, but I have my doubts that it will make any difference.

Has anyone else had any experience with low Bluetooth volume? Has anyone even had time to test it yet, or asked the party that you were talking to how you sounded?

I would hate to have to return the device and roll back my contract and go shopping at that other company, but if I can't make the Tour work, Verizon has no upgrade path for me, so may have to leave them for an upgrade path.

Thanks for any information or confirmation of others having the same problems.

David
Old 07-27-2009, 07:41 AM   #2
dharari
Knows Where the Search Button Is

This is a problem that a lot of Tour users are experiencing. I have had the same problem with 2 Tours and my car Bluetooth. There is a sticky thread about it in the Crackberry Tour forum.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:07 AM   #3
nothal

Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Angry Low outgoing Bkuetooth audio on Tour

I am having the same experience. As other posts have suggested, I tried turning on/off echo control and other settings (TTY is off, etc.) to no avail.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #4
hard10

Model: 9650
Carrier: Alltel / VZW

Original Jawbone and every call today was the same way. I thought it may have been an uncharged Jawbone but that wasn't the case. It did pair and work well with the Harley Davidson BT module.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:38 PM   #5
Joe1004
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Z10
PIN: t of ale anyone?
Carrier: VZW

I've had one person tell me I was very low volume.

I deleted the connection profile for the device and did the pairing process over again and have not had a complaint since, with either of my headsets.

I use a Jawbone Prime and a Motorola H15. Can't decide which one I like more.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:03 PM   #6
Tony358

I am having to same issues with both my B&O Earset2's. I found a slight improvement using a Jawbone, but my Earset2 have worked flawlessly with my other BB"S, including the Storm. Very low outgoing sound.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:13 PM   #7
rhans405

Model: tour
Carrier: verizon

I have the problem, too. Re-pairing didn't work. I'll take it back and see it Verizon has any answers or if it is a problem with other Tours in the shop. If you read the Crackberry forum it is a widespread problem but not universal.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:04 PM   #8
Tony358

I contacted and paided for Tech Support with Blackberry. After removing all Core apps and reinstalling software the poor and low sound quality has not been corrected.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:59 PM   #9
tedshred

Model: Tour
Carrier: Sprint

I am having the same problem, especially on the car bluetooth, which wasn't perfect with the Curve, but FAR better than with the Tour. Went back to the Sprint store where I bought it a few days later and they said to try a "soft reboot" (take out the battery), but of course, it still sucks. Everybody on the other end of the call says "it sounds like you're 20 feet away from the phone", in the distance. Anybody have a new suggestion here? I am in the car and on Bluetooth constantly, in California where it's illegal to talk without it.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:06 PM   #10
complexx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: VZW

I actually found the volume output over BT to be far louder than with my Curve. I think it's BT device related. When I say louder, I'm talking at least twice the volume.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:37 PM   #11
TucsonMikeNC

Carrier: verizon
Thumbs down Tour just does not work well with Bluetooth

I have tried a new PLantronics, and a motorola bluetooth with my new tour purchased 7/31/09. It keeps locking up the plantronics and fails after 1 or 2 voicecommand attempts, and no one can hear me clearly through either bluetooth even right next to a tower. Hate not having auto answer though the bluetooth when I am driving. Makes me relink every time I use the motorola bluetooth. My cheap SAMSUNG hue 500 kills this high priced tour joke. This high priced Blackberry Tour should be better than a free Hue 500 with bluetooth auto answer and clarity plus ease of auto hook up to the bluetooth as soon as you turn on the bluetooth linked to the Samsung. I think I have just talked myself into taking it back to the Verizon store.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:38 PM   #12
bell30012

I use the Blue Ant with the Sprint Blackberry 9630. I make a lot of telephone calls and use either the Blue Ant or my car's Bluetooth for hands free. On both, I've had several people complain that they can't hear me clearly. That my voice is too low.

When I switch back to my Nextel Curve it is fine, so it is most likely some setting on the Tour.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:47 PM   #13
Inundated

Thought I'd chime in....

After reading the thread over at Crackberry last night, I was a bit concerned. I even went out to the car and paired my new Tour, then called my office Voice mail and left a message, no issue. I also called in this morning ans spoke to the receptionist and no issue.

2008 BMW 535i

I'll try my Tundra later this evening.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:43 PM   #14
KC Tony

Model: 9550
Default Thought it was just me

So I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. I've synced my Tour as well as my wife's to two different bluetooth headsets and our vehicles bluetooths. On every occasion we're reminded how difficult it is to hear us. We're often told we sound as if the phone is across the room. I rely on my bluetooth for safety and convenience. Hate to pin all of my hopes on software updates but...... Don't want the pain of setting up a new phone.

Last edited by KC Tony; 08-12-2009 at 07:10 PM..
Old 08-28-2009, 08:30 PM   #15
$tockmarket
Thumbs Must Hurt

Question Anyone find a fix?

I am bummed after reading this thread because I thought returning the Jawbone Prime would fix the problem. Now I see A LOT of people are having the same issue no matter the BT device.

It's been almost a month since the last post on this thread. Any breakthroughs with this issue or is everyone using the suckie plug in headset like me???????
Old 08-29-2009, 01:25 PM   #16
SueWNY

Model: Tour
PIN: Ask!

I have a Plantronics Voyager 520 and have no problems. Sound quality and volume are perfect.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:47 AM   #17
Bugwart

My Tour works well with my Audi's BT adapter. No one has complained about the sound compared to my Samsung i760, which the BB recently replaced.
Closed Thread