BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 01:10 AM   #1
mikimous

Model: 8220
Carrier: Tmobile
Default Music Player BlueTooth

Please Login to Remove!

Got a new 8220 today and have been getting used to being back with a blackberry (moved over from a Nokia). I'm having an issue streaming my music from the 8220 through my car stereo's bluetooth connection. This worked fine on the Nokia.. and I have Slacker installed on the Blackberry and that streams fine. However, I'm not seeing an option in the Blackberry Music player to route the sound to bluetooh... just Handset or Speaker (which is the phone speaker).

Am I missing something? Does anyone have Bluetooth streaming working from the Music Player and if so, is there an option I am overlooking to turn it on?
Old 07-18-2009, 12:56 AM   #2
BUC
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Movistar

First you need to pair the bluetooth device with the blackberry... in BT settings... (you can also make the properties of the device to auto-connect)...
Second you make sure its streaming (the Bluetooth Logo has to have 2 arrows like this: "B<>")
And thats it... I got it working for my Sony BT2500 (car stereo) and my former Motorola Headphones HT820 and my current Altec Lansing Backbeat 906... Works great with everyone of those... only drawback is the battery life being so so...

also note: If you have already paired the devices, you can just go to Music Library and hit "menu" and then "Enable Bluetooth" then wait for it to connect to the other device and you are set...

PS... you can change between streaming BT / speaker / mini-jack / and ear-speaker by hitting the key "OP" when you are playing something... (it will switch depending on feature that you are using)
Closed Thread