Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 08:00 AM   #1
agep
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8350
Carrier: Rogers
Default Upgrading users to 7250

Please Login to Remove!

We currently have approxiamately 300 users that are on 6750s. We are just about to start rolling out 7250s to them (yes, I suggested waiting for the 8700, but here we are) and we are noticing a few weird problems. So, I have a couple of questions for you guys, any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Is it not possible to do a full upgrade for a user wirelessly? (i understand the users might lose some stuff, but just exploring this option as we don't want to have to visit each desktop installing the software on the machines. When we try doing this, we notice that certain features aren't enabled until the first time syncing the handheld. (features such as folder redirection, there are no options to choose and it just uses the default inbox, etc)

2. We are also in the process of rolling out the Smime package, but it seems you also have to sync the handheld for the entrust profile to get transfered over

3. Even if we do the wireless upgrade, since users don't have local admin access on their pcs, we still have to visit each machine as the usb drivers don't recognize the blackberry until someone with access logs in. (i know this isn't a blackberry issue, but a desktop issue, but thought I'd ask how others do it.)

4. when you guys do upgrades, how do you teach the users about the new features? (more of an opinion)

I think that's it for now, unless any one else has any suggestions on making this upgrade easier, let me know. and once again, thanks for your help and your time reading this long post.
Closed Thread