Old 01-05-2009, 09:23 PM   #1
txateer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW
Default Has anyone else noticed...

Please Login to Remove!

I am not sure if I missed this in the not-so-great Storm documentation but, at least on my device, there seems to be an additional security feature? I have noticed that when I attach my storm to my computer via the USB, if the device is still locked I can't access it through either the desktop manager software or windows. A lot of times I just open my computer in Win XP pro, and drop stuff into the appropriate folder like music, pics etc. If my storm is locked the removable disc icons are there in windows but if I click to open I get the 'insert removable disk' message even though windows plays the connected sound, and the DM software does not register the storm as being connected either. If, however, I unlock it and reconnect I get 2 windows sound notifications and Blackberry 1 (system) and Blackberry 2 (media disk) are recognized and available.
Do you think this is purposeful in case someone steals/finds the device and tries to access it? (It seems to me that all they would have to do is unlock it first.)
Or do you think it's some little bug?
I am interested to find out if anyone else has this happens for them. I don't find it to be a problem, just interesting.

Thanks.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:29 PM   #2
AgTitan06
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wirelessly posted

Your device must be unlocked to turn on mass storage mode. Its a security feature so that no one can access your files through a computer without knowing the device password
Closed Thread