Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 02:48 PM   #1
chriscib

Model: 7100g
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Default Hi blackberry 7100g won't take my sim card

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all. I just aquired a 7100g that my uncle brought over from abroad, we don't have them here, or at least that I know of. Anyway, when we put our local carriers' sim card in, it says invalid sim card, and when we try to scan for network, it says Scan for networks failed, try again later. Any ideas pls?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT3984.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	8201  
Old 05-13-2007, 03:18 PM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

It sounds like it is SIM card locked....
Go into Options / Advanced / SIM card
Type meppd

A menu should appear; everything should read "Disabled". In Network shows "Active" it means the BB is locked and you must get it unlocked to use.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:44 PM   #3
chriscib

Hi, thanks for replying to my post. Yes unfortunatly it says active on networks. Can i unlock it?
Old 05-13-2007, 03:50 PM   #4
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

Contact one of the commercial unlockers like GSMPhoneSource.Com or one of the sponsors here who do unlocks.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:39 PM   #5
chriscib

ok thanks. i'll do that
Old 05-23-2007, 08:19 AM   #6
muzars

Model: 7100
Carrier: director

in my hand set is
sim disabled
network active
network subset disabled
service provider disabled
corporate disabled
how to active this option please tell me i am new user
Old 05-23-2007, 08:28 AM   #7
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

muzars, scroll up to post #4 from NJBlackberry and read what he said.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:11 AM   #8
muzars

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
muzars, scroll up to post #4 from NJBlackberry and read what he said.
sir i have already use furious-Gold for code reading but that not read and one of my firend say to me flash it when i flash it then he say french file not available what shoud i do please help me
Old 05-23-2007, 09:23 AM   #9
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Muzar--Do you want to unlock your BlackBerry for use on another Carrier?

Or do you want to install a different OS (Operating System) on the BlackBerry?
Old 05-25-2007, 07:06 AM   #10
muzars

need flash file for 7100g brother
Old 05-25-2007, 07:56 AM   #11
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

It is apparent that you actually need to have your BB unlocked (to work on a different carrier than purchased from).

But if you want a "flash" file then go get yourself a "flash" file.

Good luck.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:14 AM   #12
china_user

Carrier: ChinaMobile
Default unlocking my 7100

I have an unlock code from Cingular and the Cingular rep told me to power on with the non-Cingular SIM but I don't see where I can enter the code. With this SIM (a working ChinaMobile SIM card) I get an error message under settings/options/SIM Card that reads "No valid SIM card". With the SIM card that came with the phone in the USA, the message reads "SIM Card: Security Disabled". But again, unclear to me where to enter the unlock code.
Please advise.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:18 PM   #13
shookie

Carrier: cellone
Default sim not registering idk plz hlp me

hi i just got the 7100g and ide like to use it for cell one the person i baught it from says its unlocked and i followed the instructions like the other guy says and were it says network after i typed in meppd it says inactive for network so wat now ??????? plz hlp
Old 06-15-2007, 03:35 PM   #14
jham37

Model: 7100t
Carrier: t-moble to AT&T
Unhappy 'no valid SIM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by china_user View Post
I have an unlock code from Cingular and the Cingular rep told me to power on with the non-Cingular SIM but I don't see where I can enter the code. With this SIM (a working ChinaMobile SIM card) I get an error message under settings/options/SIM Card that reads "No valid SIM card". With the SIM card that came with the phone in the USA, the message reads "SIM Card: Security Disabled". But again, unclear to me where to enter the unlock code.
Please advise.
I have the same problem, but in a different context. I was planning on migrating from T-Mobile to AT&T because T-Mobile's coverage is lousy where I am in US. The 7100t I had used in UK and Viet Nam, but it refused to recognize an Orange SIM in France. AT&T said if the device is unlocked, it is unlocked, no problem put our SIM in. When I did, it said 'no valid SIM' -- everybody figured it really is still locked, and one T-Mobile person said use it again on our network after using it overseas, it gets locked again. No, I finally get to a tech person at T-Mobile who really sounds like she knows her stuff, she says once unlocked, stays that way unless you go in with a new code to lock it again. But -- although I have unlock instructions from T-Mobile -- I can't get to the SIM card to use them; the device says 'no valid SIM card' whatever I put in [if I put the old, now inactive, T-Mobile SIM in it says 'SIM card rejected.'] T-Mobile now say, probably a hardware problem -- but pretty odd that it happened when we took the T-Mobile SIM out and put the AT&T one in, don't you think? Anyone got any ideas, or do I have to buy a new BlackBerry? This device is long out of warranty.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:35 AM   #15
jham37

Model: 7100t
Carrier: t-moble to AT&T
Smile Problem resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by jham37 View Post
I have the same problem, but in a different context. I was planning on migrating from T-Mobile to AT&T because T-Mobile's coverage is lousy where I am in US. The 7100t I had used in UK and Viet Nam, but it refused to recognize an Orange SIM in France. AT&T said if the device is unlocked, it is unlocked, no problem put our SIM in. When I did, it said 'no valid SIM' -- everybody figured it really is still locked, and one T-Mobile person said use it again on our network after using it overseas, it gets locked again. No, I finally get to a tech person at T-Mobile who really sounds like she knows her stuff, she says once unlocked, stays that way unless you go in with a new code to lock it again. But -- although I have unlock instructions from T-Mobile -- I can't get to the SIM card to use them; the device says 'no valid SIM card' whatever I put in [if I put the old, now inactive, T-Mobile SIM in it says 'SIM card rejected.'] T-Mobile now say, probably a hardware problem -- but pretty odd that it happened when we took the T-Mobile SIM out and put the AT&T one in, don't you think? Anyone got any ideas, or do I have to buy a new BlackBerry? This device is long out of warranty.
Update: This problem essentially resolved itself; suddenly the device chose to recognize [the inactive] T-Mobile SIM, turned out the device was still locked [bit mysterious, several T-Mobile people told me it couldn't be given I'd used it overseas with foreign SIMs], and the T-Mobile unlocking code and instructions worked, unlocked the device, and it now works happily with the AT&T SIM -- and I trust with foreign ones overseas. My only hypothesis is that the SIMs were not correctly seated -- I'd taken the T-Mobile SIM out, put the AT&T one in, then back again to use the device as PDA, several times because of T-Mobile advice, and seating them in the 7100t is a bit awkward compared to some devices -- but that seems a bit of a stretch. But to the originator of this thread, try taking the SIM out and putting it back in a few times -- maybe you will get lucky.
Closed Thread