Old 06-25-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
2strong

Model: 8220
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Pearl Flip with AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

Had an 8700 being used with BES, no problems. Picked up an unlocked 8220, put the sim in and had calls, but no internet, which means no enterprise activation to BES. Found a post to add tcp info, did that which got me the internet, but still can't do enterprise activation. Have tried removing service books, resetting the device, etc and can't get it to activate. Nothing changed with the plan, I still have BES on it and scan swap the sim back to the old phone and it works fine. I'm missing something easy, but can't figure out what. Any ideas?
Old 07-07-2009, 09:53 PM   #2
smpst46
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Might be a stupid question... but has your BES administrator reset your BES account? If not, you will not be able to do the EA.... the activation password is only good for a limited amount of time (as set by the BES administrator).
Old 07-08-2009, 05:04 AM   #3
2strong

PIN: N/A
Default Update

I'm actually the BES administrator, I run our internal networks. The password is good for 48 hours so I've resent it whenever I'm giving it another try.

Since my last post, I followed instructions to get the default AT&T service books on the phone. They're now on the phone, but the Blackberry Internet Service service book does not have a gateway, which mean my "edge" is in lowercase, which means no internet so I still can't get it activated. Spent an hour on the phone with AT&T and they were no help. They know the phone isn't theirs, so the response is that the phone has a problem.

Not sure where to go from here.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #4
msarway
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

i had same issue you have to call AT&T and make sure the pin will be recognized in there system once this is done you are good to go.
Closed Thread