Old 12-25-2008, 03:30 AM   #1
Dream Rider
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8220
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Exclamation How to make email and MMS work on the 8220 with AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

After struggling with getting my unlocked 8220 to work on AT&T I thought having all this info in one spot might be helpful for others.

So I've created this; How to make email and MMS work on the 8220 with AT&T.

Your Blackberry 8220 needs to be unlocked, have an AT&T SIM, AND you MUST have a Blackberry data plan.

Change the TCP setting to AT&T’s settings; Options>Advanced Options>TCP

APN: wap.cingular
user name for APN: WAP.CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password: CINGULAR1
(use caps as shown)

Update your BIS account at, BlackBerry Internet Service with the 8220 Flipberry PIN and IMEI.

Setup Wizard only allows the option to setup BES email, which I don't have, The Email Setup icon is also missing, Not found in any of the folders.

SO you need to setup emails from your BIS account. After you do this move on to the next step.

From your BIS account web page click "Send Service Books" and the ability to send/receive emails and the service books for MMS will be installed on your Flipberry.

I still can't setup emails for BIS on the Flipberry, but this is a viable workaround. MMS works great for me after doing all of the above
Old 01-24-2009, 05:49 AM   #2
michael95gt

Model: 9000
PIN: 249E9EA2

Tagging for future reference.:D
Old 01-24-2009, 09:24 AM   #3
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

with the Imei and PIN placed onto BIS acct you should be able to get your mail
Old 01-24-2009, 08:08 PM   #4
Noctem
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T / CINGULAR

If this doesnt work, then try doing it without a password. My unit doesnt have a password on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Rider View Post
After struggling with getting my unlocked 8220 to work on AT&T I thought having all this info in one spot might be helpful for others.

So I've created this; How to make email and MMS work on the 8220 with AT&T.

Your Blackberry 8220 needs to be unlocked, have an AT&T SIM, AND you MUST have a Blackberry data plan.

Change the TCP setting to AT&T’s settings; Options>Advanced Options>TCP

APN: wap.cingular
user name for APN: WAP.CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password: CINGULAR1
(use caps as shown)

Update your BIS account at, BlackBerry Internet Service with the 8220 Flipberry PIN and IMEI.

Setup Wizard only allows the option to setup BES email, which I don't have, The Email Setup icon is also missing, Not found in any of the folders.

SO you need to setup emails from your BIS account. After you do this move on to the next step.

From your BIS account web page click "Send Service Books" and the ability to send/receive emails and the service books for MMS will be installed on your Flipberry.

I still can't setup emails for BIS on the Flipberry, but this is a viable workaround. MMS works great for me after doing all of the above
Old 04-05-2009, 11:31 PM   #5
tracylynn151

Model: 8100

I tried to register it but it is telling me its not registered with the carrier????? What does this mean? I did what it told me to do but still nothing. Do I have to call AT&T and register my IMEI with them first? I do not have a data plan. I this something I have to have?
Old 04-08-2009, 07:40 PM   #6
Dream Rider
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracylynn151 View Post
I tried to register it but it is telling me its not registered with the carrier????? What does this mean? I did what it told me to do but still nothing. Do I have to call AT&T and register my IMEI with them first? I do not have a data plan. I this something I have to have?
As I stated above YOU MUST HAVE A BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:24 PM   #7
smoovy

Carrier: ATT

how do I get my pin and IMEI if you don't have the box? I do have the box for my old blackberry pearl but not the flip that I just recieved. I didn't make a big thing about the box seeing how I didn't think I needed it, now I am at a loss for words. what can I do?
Old 05-09-2009, 12:28 AM   #8
smoovy

Carrier: ATT

OK, I'm a noob, I finally got my issues worked out. alot of reading and hours on the phone later, I got everything working. what worked for me was updating my OS to 4.6.0.200. once I did this, everything fell into place. I didn't even change the TCP so it works without changing it. I can send videos, ringtones and pics from my flip now. no problems with SMS. thanks to all and I hope in the future it will be easier for users to do this.
Closed Thread