Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 01:46 AM   #1
5udhir

Model: 8220
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers Wireless(prepaid)
Default bluetooth headphones

Please Login to Remove!

hello i bought a pair of blutooth headphones(not a namebrand) and when i try to use them to play music they do not work. it says that it has connected but the music still plays only on the phone speaker.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:13 AM   #2
JhonWilliams
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100T
Carrier: Vodafone

Check with any other device other than your device. Or Contact your vendor.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:44 AM   #3
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

Which program? maybe its not compatible with bluetooth yet.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 04-28-2009, 05:10 PM   #4
BUC
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Movistar

My Motorola HT820 Works great with the BB... and after the first pairing all other syncs are almost instantaneous.....

It happened to me sometimes that the remote control works but sound comes out from speaker like you said... then I just turn off the headphones and back on... and it works ok...

I really recommend you to buy the Motorola... 40$ over amazon... and they have a male to male cable to be used like standard wired headphones...

Only cons: a little uncomfortable....
Old 05-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #5
5udhir

thanks, i;ll check it out. as for the program, the headphones(music type) didn't some with anything besides the headphones and the manual. they are some sort of overseas brand, i think that is why they won't work with my BB.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:04 PM   #6
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

Were you able to successfully pair the headphones to the BlackBerry? When you connect what available profiles are displayed when the Successful Connection window is displayed?
Old 05-02-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
5udhir

i first time i used them they worked flawlessly. but all the times i tried pairing the devices after that, it wouldn't work. when i connect it says blutooth headeset connected(green checkmark), audio device not connected(red x), and a/v control connected(green checkmark). sometimes it shows 'audio device connected(green chackmark) but still won't work.

i am thinking of getting a better pair of headphones. Sony DRBT22 or something similar. are bluetooth headphones ussually a problem with BB's?
Old 05-02-2009, 09:10 PM   #8
BUC
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Movistar

I dont think bluetooth is a problem with BB... as I stated before my Motorola HT820 headset works flawlessly and I also use them in my car with a Sony MEX-BT2500...

The car reciever sounds better... I can compare sound quality almost to aux cable... (and is great to have full stereo sound )
On the other hands I have had a short pause of the music maybe due to radio and other signal interferences.... But the motorola handles this better... It have never drop the music playback within range (if no walls or people in between +10 meters / +33 feets)

So Im guessing your problem its the bt headphones... try the sony's you wrote down... or the altec lansing backbeat if you can afford....

Also the battery on my headphones last days! seriously the battery is waaay long... unlike the one in the BB Flip... which I charge every day and sometimes more than once a day.... (but I do use it a lot for music playback with bt)
Old 05-02-2009, 09:24 PM   #9
thc888
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

I noticed when the BT headset's battery running low (even though the blue LED still flashes), the flip takes over the sound. But once I recharge the BT headset, it works perfectly again. Wonder the problem reported here pertains to low battery charge of the headset.
Closed Thread