Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 02:25 PM   #1
seidioseidio
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint
Default Seidio Audio Adaptor with Built-in Microphone and One-Touch Button

Please Login to Remove!

This adaptor converts the 4 conductor jack to a 3.5mm standard stereo headphone jack and includes a built-in microphone and answer button. This one-touch button will allow you to make calls, use an application (such as taking notes), or use as a voice recorder/voice commander or skype.

With its integrated one touch button and built-in microphone, you will be able to answer and hang up on calls and then immediately return to your music.

The cable is approximately 10 cm long and comes with a standard 2.5 mm jack on one end that converts to a 3.5 mm female jack on the other end, allowing you to directly plug in any stereo device that has a standard 3.5mm audio jack, such as your favorite pair of headphones or headset.

For more information about this product, please visit the product description page on our website or email [email address].
Old 10-10-2006, 07:30 PM   #2
seidioseidio

Seidio is offering a special discount on this product.

Seidio Audio adaptor(with Mic and answer button) for BB 8100 - Blackberryforums Member Discount

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Blackberryforums Members Only and From Oct 10 to Oct 16, 2006 Only!

Starting today and ending at midnight Oct 16, 2006, if you buy an audio adaptor for BB 8100 (with Mic and answer button) from our web store you will be able to save 20% for each audio adaptor when using discount code: ADA3BB8100

Go to our site and purchase the number of 8100 audio adaptor that you desire. Then when you xxx8220;checkoutxxx8221; and get to the Payment page, you will see a box asking for Discount Code, enter the code there.

This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Past purchases do not apply.

If we run out of the stock, we will still honor your purchase when the stock arrives. Only the audio adaptor purchased during this time frame are eligible.

All prices are in U.S. funds.

To order the audio adaptor (with Mic and answer button) for BB 8100, click the following link.

AUDIO ADAPTOR WITH BUILT-IN MICROPHONE AND ANSWER BUTTON (2.5MM MALE JACK TO 3.5MM FEMALE JACK) FOR BLACKBERRY 8100 - ADA3-BB8100M35FST

Last edited by seidioseidio; 10-10-2006 at 07:33 PM..
Old 10-10-2006, 07:34 PM   #3
SanFrancisco

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio

This adapter converts the 4 conductor jack to a 3.5mm standard stereo headphone jack and includes a built-in microphone and answer button. This one-touch button will allow you to make calls, use an application (such as taking notes), or use as a voice recorder/voice commander or skype.

With its integrated one touch button and built-in microphone, you will be able to answer and hang up on calls and then immediately return to your music.

The cable is approximately 10 cm long and comes with a standard 2.5 mm jack on one end that converts to a 3.5 mm female jack on the other end, allowing you to directly plug in any stereo device that has a standard 3.5mm audio jack, such as your favorite pair of headphones or headset.

For more information about this product, please visit the product description page on our website or email [email address].

Seidio had these on backorder, but they just notified me that it shipped yesterday. I can hardly wait as this seems exactly what I am looking for so I can use my top quality headphones with the Pearl.

It's been OK, but only that, to use the Jabra headset I bought last Sunday. I want to use the Pearl as an MP3 at the gym, but I need good sound coming out of the headphones, just like I am used to with my MP3 player.

I will provide a review of this item when I get it and try it out.

October 9, 2006
Seidioonline <tickets@seidioonline.com> wrote:
Dear Michael,

We would like to inform you that your order placed on 10/2/2006 12:10:00 AM has been shipped.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Order Shipped Via: USPS Parcel Post
Old 10-10-2006, 07:36 PM   #4
SanFrancisco

PIN: HEAD

Oh man, what a total drag. I missed out on the discount. Pfftttttttttttttt. Bah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Seidio is offering a special discount on this product.

Seidio Audio adaptor(with Mic and answer button) for BB 8100 - Blackberryforums Member Discount

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Blackberryforums Members Only and From Oct 10 to Oct 16, 2006 Only!

Starting today and ending at midnight Oct 16, 2006, if you buy an audio adaptor for BB 8100 (with Mic and answer button) from our web store you will be able to save 20% for each audio adaptor when using discount code: ADA3BB8100

Go to our site and purchase the number of 8100 audio adaptor that you desire. Then when you xxx8220;checkoutxxx8221; and get to the Payment page, you will see a box asking for Discount Code, enter the code there.

This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Past purchases do not apply.

If we run out of the stock, we will still honor your purchase when the stock arrives. Only the audio adaptor purchased during this time frame are eligible.

All prices are in U.S. funds.

To order the audio adaptor (with Mic and answer button) for BB 8100, click the following link.

AUDIO ADAPTOR WITH BUILT-IN MICROPHONE AND ANSWER BUTTON (2.5MM MALE JACK TO 3.5MM FEMALE JACK) FOR BLACKBERRY 8100 - ADA3-BB8100M35FST
Old 10-10-2006, 07:45 PM   #5
HoOnZ
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320

I'd like to kno whow the sound quality ont hese things are. Keep us up to date.

- JOhn
Old 10-10-2006, 08:40 PM   #6
joystik

Model: 8100

darn, i missed out on the discount, but this is a quality piece. I have it and the sound quality is great. There is also a mic and a button which you can use to play or pause a song.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:03 PM   #7
seidioseidio

Quote:
Originally Posted by joystik
darn, i missed out on the discount, but this is a quality piece. I have it and the sound quality is great. There is also a mic and a button which you can use to play or pause a song.
This audio adaptor is custom designed and made just for BB 8100. It works with BB 8100 perfectly.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:09 PM   #8
joystik

Quote:
This audio adaptor is custom designed and made just for BB 8100. It works with BB 8100 perfectly.

iknow.. i bought itjust before the sale.. i hooked up somespeakers last night and it sounded great! nice product.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:23 AM   #9
Picasosz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile-Verizon

Has anyone tried the shure i3c headphones
Old 10-11-2006, 11:18 PM   #10
seidioseidio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasosz
Has anyone tried the shure i3c headphones
If the Shure headphone has 3.5 mm audio jack, it will work.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:07 AM   #11
kneyens

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T

Check out this review I did a while back.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/bbf-...ghlight=seidio
Old 11-01-2006, 10:00 PM   #12
DiGLoW

I bought this exact adapter and have followed the advice of plugging in the headphones first, then the adapter, but still cannot get stereo sound. I am getting sound from the Right speaker only. When plugging in the adapter to the phone, the Left speaker buzzes for about 1 second, but then goes silent and remains silent. If I mess with pulling it in or out, I can get dual mono, but never true stereo. Any advice?
Old 11-01-2006, 10:15 PM   #13
pbbjr

Carrier: Tmobile
Default Keep fiddlin' with the plug!

I have the "base model" Seidio audio adapter (no mic; for stereo headphones only). I had the same problem with plugging it into my car cassette adapter (normally connected to my Sirius receiver). I just kept fiddling with it, and eventually got stereo.

However, the first time I connected it to my Sennheiser headphones, I had no problem. I think some connections are just more finicky than others.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:43 PM   #14
ChumsGum
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMobile

i'm really getting annoyed fiddling with the wires and connections. i don't have a problem with the adapter when i use headphones, however, connecting to my car's AUX input is another issue. i get the same buzz and sound from only the left side that others have mentioned. i really don't think it's the adapter but more of a firmware issue with the phone. can anyone confirm? has anyone had this issue before/after they updated their OS?
Old 01-06-2007, 04:19 AM   #15
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Are you referring to the "GSM Buzz"? If you turn your 8100's radio off, does it still happen? Also, with the 8100's radio on, are you able to hear callers on your car's audio system?
Old 01-13-2007, 06:30 PM   #16
2Curious
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: TMo USA
Default RCA phono plugs adapter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumsGum
i'm really getting annoyed fiddling with the wires and connections. i don't have a problem with the adapter when i use headphones, however, connecting to my car's AUX input is another issue. i get the same buzz and sound from only the left side that others have mentioned. i really don't think it's the adapter but more of a firmware issue with the phone. can anyone confirm? has anyone had this issue before/after they updated their OS?
I recently purchased an AUX interupt device to install in my car, just so I could connect my Pearl to play audio thru my car stereo, which only input is RCA phono plugs.
I haven't installed it yet, but inital tests trying to connect the Pearl via 1/8" to 3/32" adapter, to Y adapter RCA, to any sound system (TV aux input, receiver aux input) ,the Pearl doesn't seem to detect that anything is connected.

Test using the 1/8" to 3/32" adapter, to earbuds, seems to work fine.
Also, a previous test using the 1/8" to 3/32" adapter, to an FM transmitter also worked fine in the car.

Is there something different about the earbuds and FM transmitter, vs the RCA adapter ,that the Pearl is detecting?

Would the Seidio audio adapter solve my issue?
Old 01-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #17
ChumsGum
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRider
Are you referring to the "GSM Buzz"? If you turn your 8100's radio off, does it still happen? Also, with the 8100's radio on, are you able to hear callers on your car's audio system?
no, not the gsm buzz. i do believe it's a firmware issue. i figured that the mute button does the same thing as pulling the plug in and out. so if it doesn't stereo out a few resets with the mute button seem to do the trick. i've recently updated to the new OS so hopefully this won't be an issue anymore. and yes, with the radio on i have full speaker voice chatting through my car's audio system, very cool.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:33 PM   #18
2Curious
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: TMo USA

The "Just Wireless Universal Stereo Headset Adapter" for Cell Phones worked perfectly for my situation. I connected it to a Y-Adaptor RCA plug into my home stereo receiver, and my car aux interrupt device, and voila!
(My car stereo already has Aux input taken by the Satellite Radio, so I had to buy and interrupt device from PIE).

No buzz, great sound. I can unplug and plug it back into my phone while a song is playing, and it starts and stops speaker sound everytime. No wiggling of the connections necessary.

There is no microphone input on this, but I didn't want it for handsfree talking anyway. There is a mute button on it, that pauses and unpauses the Pearl though.

Guess it just depends on your needs.
My problem was definately the crappy Rat Shack adapter.
Should have known better.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:55 AM   #19
dabull
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

awesome idea, but thats not worth more then 10 bucks shipped
Old 01-15-2007, 01:45 PM   #20
mab0829

Default Stereo or Mono?

Can anyone confirm that this adapter in fact does let you listen to your music in stereo? I have heard conflicting stories.

v/r,
Mike
Closed Thread