Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #21
rcenker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

My replacement works as advertised. 10 days and the screen has worked quite consistently. Keeping fingers crossed.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #22
ernhrts3n8
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernhrts3n8 View Post
I am having problems with my Storm 1 losing memory real quickly. I was on the phone the other night with Verizon and they said my phone had to be replaced. I asked for a Storm 2 and they said no. I went back and forth with them and still the answer was no. I had to call today about something else and I got a different person and I explained that my bill is $190.00 a month with 4 phones and I have been loyal to Verizon for over 15 years and she agreed! It has already been shipped. The only problem is the battery cover. I should have it by Wednesday!
Well, I am totally disgusted with Verizon! I got the replacement phone and guess what....it's the old screen pad that doesn't work properly. I called them and stated that I wanted a NEW phone because they can't guarantee a different replacement will be the new one. They won't give me a brand new one...I don't get it. I told them that they can stick it up their $$$$$. I will definitely be leaving Verizon when my contract is up!
Old 03-17-2010, 12:16 PM   #23
scassel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW US

I wish you luck in your endeavors. To be honest, I have been with the major providers over the years and IMHO, VZW has the best customer service.

It is my belief that you are being unreasonable believing that Big Red owes you a brand new 9550. I have been following your posts and I am aware of what has occured. They did not have to upgrade you for free to the refurbed 9550 but they did.

I have a 9550 from day one and I have no problems with the screen. This issue is isolated. I have no intentions of requesting a replacement phone as I have no problem with mine.

I would suggest that a call to CS to explain that the refurb you received does not work and a request for a replacement, would yield different results. As long as you are insistant on a brand new device, I expect you will meet with the same results you already have.

I also disagree with your other post that calls the phone garbage. Your statement is based on the fact the Big Red won't bow down to your wishes. That is an unfair and biased statement.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide to do.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:32 AM   #24
djlaksh

Carrier: T-Mobile
Exclamation Replacing an eBay Puchased 9550 | How To?

I recently purchased a new Unlocked Storm 2 9550 (open box though) from eBay. I am not a Verizon subscriber, I'm a GSM user (T-Mobile). Can anyone please guide me how can I get my storm 2 replaced from Verizon/RIM since it is originally a VZW 9550?
Thanks

Last edited by djlaksh; 04-21-2010 at 12:33 AM..
Old 04-21-2010, 10:49 AM   #25
whoscalling
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Contact RIM and see if they will do anything for you.

BlackBerry - Support & Services
Old 04-21-2010, 01:15 PM   #26
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: Ask

ernhrts3n8,

I fully agree with Scassel (not just because he is a fellow former Marine). Over the past 18 years I have had service with various carriers (Bellsouth, Sprint, Nextel, Sprint/Nextel, Tmobile). Since transitioning to Verizon, the reception has been wonderful and the customer service has always gotten better.
In relation to other carriers, Verizon has great customer service as evidenced by them giving you a Storm 2. You had a Storm 1 and they actually gave you a Storm 2 as a warranty replacement. Complaining works with Verizon.
I say hang onto that phone for a little while. Play with it, toss a beta in there, etc. In a month or two, holla back and tell them its malfunctioning. I am willing to bet you will ultimately get the newest model.
If your stubborness leads you to another carrier, I would say Tmo. Avoid Sprint/Nextel and AT&T like the plague. But no matter who you go with, you will miss the Verizon service. Over the years ALL of my friends an family have joined me on the Verizon Network.

Verizon 9530
Old 04-22-2010, 03:17 AM   #27
dlanemarker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

I also have an unlocked 9550 and its an "old" one and I cannot find any help from blackberry or VZ to what I should do to get it replaced. Its with in the year warranty so shouldn't someone be able to help me?
Old 04-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #28
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: Ask

I can tell you this for certain, if obtained your 9550 as a second owner during a private sale (Ebay, Craig'slist, etc) you are not eligible for a warranty replacement. The warranty is valid for one year to the "original purchaser" ONLY. A Blackberry smartphone warranty does not survive during the transfer of initial ownership. You can verify this with Blackberry within their own support forums.
Additionally, I see you are operating on Tmoble with an unlocked Storm. The RIM warranty must be serviced through carrier selling the device. If you personally purchased the phone from Verizon and then had it unlocked, you can make your warranty claim through Verizon. Your only hope is to recruit the original owner to make a warranty claim on your behalf.
Overall, if you are a secondary owner you are out of luck. For this reason, I never purchase unlocked smartphones as I have ALWAYS made warranty claims through my carrier for the last couple phones I have owned.

Verizon 9530
Closed Thread