BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
blackberry9300
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: STC
Exclamation 3g issue need help please...

Please Login to Remove!

Greetings all,

I am facing a problem with my curve 3g 9300 i keep losing my data service while i am on 3g (loosing the dots that beside the 3G) but when i am on EDGE which is 2g the problem is gone... i have tried a battery pull and tried to reboot serveral times also went to the host routing table and registered again and again but the problem still the same any ideas ?? would be much appreciate it

Last edited by blackberry9300; 01-10-2011 at 03:58 PM..
Old 01-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: 3g issue need help please...

Who is your cell carrier? I know it isn't 9300 so please update your profile. Are you in a 3G fringe zone? Does it happen every where or in one certain location?

Have you contacted the carrier about it to see if there is a tower problem in your area?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:14 PM   #3
blackberry9300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Who is your cell carrier? I know it isn't 9300 so please update your profile. Are you in a 3G fringe zone? Does it happen every where or in one certain location?

Have you contacted the carrier about it to see if there is a tower problem in your area?

Hello and thanks for the reply and sorry for the carrier thing... my carrier is STC actually i am in saudi arabia and yea my zone covers 3G and my network is on both 3g & 2g means when ever there is no 3g coverage it automaticly shift to 2g so no problem with this side...it happens everywhere specially when i try to browse or use the internet service generally like wlm, i lose the dots but the 3G remains in a big letter like this>> 3G ...and last thing no i didnt contact my carrier yet and i dont think its a tower problem since it happens everywhere.... my bb is new so i dont think the problem is from the mobile it self...i have read in some forums that it might be a RIM issue ? is that possible ? since the dots means the service which is provided by RIM Anyway thanks alot i believe the best solution is to conatct my carrier if any suggestions please tell...
Old 01-10-2011, 11:21 PM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

When you go to 3G does it say EDGE or edge?

When you lose 3G, do you still have email and BBM connections?

It could be a Saudi/RIM issue as you mentioned. There has been some problems in the Arab World with RIM and how they protect data.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:35 PM   #5
blackberry9300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
When you go to 3G does it say EDGE or edge?

When you lose 3G, do you still have email and BBM connections?

It could be a Saudi/RIM issue as you mentioned. There has been some problems in the Arab World with RIM and how they protect data.

When my network is 3G it appears as 3G (with bb dots at the right side) 3G(dots)

and when its 2G it appear EDGE and not edge <<< which i have no problem with

when i lose the 3G dots which is the data service ofcourse i cant use email or bbm untill i go to manage connections and turn the mobile network off then on.. then i will have the service back but afterwords again when i use the net the data service is gone again...

Last edited by blackberry9300; 01-10-2011 at 11:36 PM..
Old 01-10-2011, 11:42 PM   #6
blackberry9300

Quote:
Yea exactly we have alot of problems with blackberry here....one of the known problems that we cant use app world and we cant use the social programs like facebook, twitter, my space which is really disappointed its hard to believe that we cant use such important programs likw facebook and the others i hope this thing get solved in the future...
Old 07-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #7
jadox

Model: 9780
Carrier: Vodafone

I have the same problem in Spain with Vodafone. I loose the 4 dots all the time and everywhere. I noticed that when the dots are gone the push-notification apps like Whatsapp, BB Messenger or Facebook don't work (e-mail and Internet works fine). I spoke with the Vodafone tech support like a 1000 times and they say that everything should be ok.

The dots disappear even though I'm on a full 3G coverage area, GPRS, gprs... any time and everywhere. This Issue is driving me crazy because my apps are offline or non-responsive when they should be "live".

I've got a Bold 9780, OS 6
Closed Thread