Old 06-23-2009, 11:44 PM   #1
twinglock40z
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted

So I have an interview with AT&T for a sales position. ...I guess selling phones. So I'm on the verizon network now. Are they going to think bad of me for not being on ATT? The person I talked to on the phone actually asked me what service provider I was currently using. I don't think they're bad at all or anything. The phones just do not pick up nearly as well as verizon in my area.

I would consider getting an ATT phone if they gave us a deal or something. Anyone know what kinda discounts or anything their employees get? If the deal wasn't too good I might consider just buying a ATT curve off ebay or something so I don't have a contract.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:08 AM   #2
duane534
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9930
PIN: Ask Me
Carrier: AT&T

When you work for AT&T or an affiliate, there's a corporate plan you can get that's $19.99 a month for 2,000 mins, n/w, mobile-to-mobile, and unlimited messaging. Otherwise, you just get a % off of your monthly recurring charges.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:09 AM   #3
duane534
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9930
PIN: Ask Me

However, if you really want to stay with Verizon, be aware that some carriers have preferred employer discounts, even with other carriers. I know that Sprint has one for AT&T employees...
Old 06-24-2009, 06:36 AM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

I wouldn't make a point of showing or telling that you use a competitor's network if I were you. But you can use whatever network you choose. If you can get a good deal on ATT as an employee, then I would go for it, as it would help you see how the netork is compared to your current carrier. Just don't flaunt it.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!

Last edited by Dubdub; 06-24-2009 at 06:37 AM..
Old 06-24-2009, 09:27 AM   #5
twinglock40z
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: verizon

Wirelessly posted

Well 19.99 doesn't sound bad at all for all that pan. I may get one just to have as a second line and all. Still weary about getting a contract though...unless the deal is just too good to pass up.

Yea I'm not going to flaunt it around or anything that I'm on verizon. But I just thought it was odd that the guy asked me what carrier I use.

I got a friend that works for T-mobile. He said when he went to work for them they paid his cancellation fee and imported his number to T-moble.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:03 AM   #6
lise

Model: 6210

When I started at Motorola I didn't have a Motorola phone and was told to keep it out of site. So I advise you to get an AT&T phone. When I interviewed I made jokes about how bad my phone was b/c it wasn't made by them. Also, AT&T has interview tips on their career site you may want to check out. Good luck.
Closed Thread