Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 10:25 AM   #101
FF2
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon

Please Login to Remove!

I think you might be able to lower the interval in which it records "points" I've a bike ride I do that showed a very tight 2 switchback turn about 50-100 feet long on each leg.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:08 PM   #102
SMF
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Updated to version 1.2 and added a "Pro" version.

Change log from web site -

We have improved this version. Let’s describe in details what have been changed:

* Algorithm of the address book work

In the previous version when the application started the address book was opened. This caused a certain delay of the application running especially if the address book contain many contacts. In a new version our users can select the appropriate contact from the addess book when it’s necessary without time-consuming. You will not waste much time when you’ll decide to use a “SOS” function during your trip!

* Algorithm of waypoint creation

In the previous versions the waypoint was created when “OK” button is pressed. As a result of a high speed of your movement you can create a waypoint which as situated on some distance from waypoint you wanted to create. This happened because users have spent some time for waypoint name entering. In the new version of GPSed waypoint will be created when the appropriate menu item is selected. This is exactly the moment which users need.

* Background mode

In the previous version it was possible to switch in the background mode only during track recording. Now the background mode is running even if the track is not recording but the device is still continue to receive coordinates. How this feature could be useful? Now by pressing “Enter” users immediately enter the application and additional satellite searching is not happening.

* Bug fix

Also a bug concerning GPX format was fixed in the current version. GPX format was modified and now it suits all standards.

We hope this update will bring you much please and you’ll find new features useful. If so, leave your comments here to keep us informed on your thoughts and impressions.

With kind regards,
GPSed Team
Old 12-18-2008, 01:05 AM   #103
WESTOF405

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT & T

I have a question - I can track using the GPS feature on my Bold 9000 throughout the entire flight. Speed, altitude, max speed etc, with perfect signal with radio, blue tooth and wireless signal in the off position. When I get on the ground and upload the track to the site it will only show the track from the gate to the start of the departure runway. The entire in flight portion of the flight does not track which I would really like to see. Any reason why?
Old 12-18-2008, 08:59 AM   #104
SHAPE
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: O2

Dear WESTOF405, did you have "Tracking OK" on the screen while tracking?
Old 12-18-2008, 12:59 PM   #105
aglowaski

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Any thought of when there will be a version optimized for the storm?

The current version works surprisingly well, but a Storm optimized version would make it a killer GPS logging App!
Old 12-19-2008, 01:00 PM   #106
richard371
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT

I have a couple of issues on my Bold with 1.2

1) Sometimes when I exit the application it will freeze and I have to reboot the device.
2) Only parts of the tracks upload. Sometimes 10% sometimes 40% etc.
I am interested in buying the full version but I would like to get these issues resolved first.

Thanks
Old 12-19-2008, 01:02 PM   #107
richard371
CrackBerry Addict

In a fuuture upgrade would it be possible to see speed and heading without having to start a track?
Old 12-19-2008, 01:53 PM   #108
SHAPE
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard371 View Post
I have a couple of issues on my Bold with 1.2

1) Sometimes when I exit the application it will freeze and I have to reboot the device.
I'll forward it to the tech team for investigation.
Quote:
2) Only parts of the tracks upload. Sometimes 10% sometimes 40% etc.
I am interested in buying the full version but I would like to get these issues resolved first.

Thanks
While recording a track, do you see on the screen "Tracking OK"?
Such gaps in the uploading might be caused by the incomplete track recording, if the connection between the GPS receiver and the satellite was lost, etc.

Quote:
In a future upgrade would it be possible to see speed and heading without having to start a track?
We'll think about it Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 12-19-2008, 04:38 PM   #109
richard371
CrackBerry Addict

Default Trck is complete

Yes the track is complete and fine just doesnt upload fully. Everytime I try it stops at different intervals and doesnt make it to 100% unless it is a small track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
I'll forward it to the tech team for investigation.

While recording a track, do you see on the screen "Tracking OK"?
Such gaps in the uploading might be caused by the incomplete track recording, if the connection between the GPS receiver and the satellite was lost, etc.

We'll think about it Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 12-30-2008, 11:37 PM   #110
cejay

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

I try to run gpsed on my 4.5 at&t 8310 curve and get an error that gpseddb has failed because it tried to open a secure API , and then the app quits.
I have deleted the application and restarted it to no avail..
any advice?
chris
Old 01-05-2009, 01:01 PM   #111
turbomentor
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by aglowaski View Post
Any thought of when there will be a version optimized for the storm?

The current version works surprisingly well, but a Storm optimized version would make it a killer GPS logging App!
What version of GPSed did you download in order to work on your Storm?

When I point my BB browser to wap.gpsed.com, it brings up a page that gives me the option to buy the Pro Version, but not an option to download the regular version. Any suggestions? I'm not willing to buy the Pro version until it comes out optimized for Storm. But in the interim, I need an app like this that allows me to put together a GPS track and not have to use my Garmin.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:06 AM   #112
bheidecker

Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers (and I hate them)

When will GPSed be available for the 8900?
Thanks.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:07 AM   #113
dolphin_lena
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hi there,
By the way, PRO version of GPSed for BlackBerry appeared.
All features that you have already got accustomed to use in GPSed free basic version you will find in Pro, but new features make this version really efficient:

Lifetime support via e-mail.
"SOS" button for instant position alerts over SMS or email.
Live tracking with small intervals (up to 3 seconds).

More information -> SHAPE Services -> GPSed: Track & Map Your Trips

Best,
DoLphin

Last edited by dolphin_lena; 01-13-2009 at 10:10 AM..
Old 01-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #114
SHAPE
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cejay View Post
I try to run gpsed on my 4.5 at&t 8310 curve and get an error that gpseddb has failed because it tried to open a secure API , and then the app quits.
I have deleted the application and restarted it to no avail..
any advice?
chris
Sorry for the delay in response,
Please install the application again. Then go to BlackBerry Options -> Security -> Application Permissions and select GPSed -> Menu -> Edit Permissions and set all permissions to Allow. If the problem persists, please contact our support team at [email address] for the deeper investigation.
Thank you in advance,
Irene
SHAPE Team
Old 02-02-2009, 12:48 PM   #115
SHAPE
CrackBerry Addict

Default GPSed for BlackBerry Storm appeared!

A special version of GPSed mobile application for BlackBerry Storm appeared!

Now Storm owners could also track and map their trips using GPSed.
All features that you have already got accustomed to use in GPSed for other BlackBerry devices you will find in a Storm version.

From this moment there are two versions of GPSed for BlackBerry available: standard version for for those devices with 4.2., 4.3., 4.5., 4.6 OS and special version for Storm (4.7 OS). In the recent update of a standart version 1.2.1 several bug fixes were implemented.

GPSed has a free basic version but you can also get GPSed Pro with a new features which make it really efficient.

For those who are interested: Pro features are described in GPSed Blog:
  • Lifetime support via e-mail;
  • “SOS” button for instant position alerts over SMS or email;
  • Live tracking with small time intervals.

You can get over-the-air installation on your device from GPSed wap site.
To download desktop installation you can visit website of GPSed.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #116
jt42cwr

Carrier: Orange

What are the chances of an extra decimal place in the distance figure displayed on the main screen?
Old 03-15-2009, 07:32 PM   #117
jastop

Default GPSed data export issues and web site availability problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
A special version of GPSed mobile application for BlackBerry Storm appeared!
The Storm application works pretty well but there appears to be an issue with the track times that are within the GPX file exported from the handheld application. The times in the file appear to be off by 12 or 13 hours. I looked into the file and they look to be incorrectly adjusted to UTC.

Also, I uploaded to the file using the applications to the GPSed web site using the built in function, and then exported to a GPX file from the web site. The file exported from the web site had the correct times for the recorded track, and they were very different than the times exported directly by the client application.

The web site has lots of great features. Unfortunately for the past week or so it frequently displays Apache Tomcat exceptions when it is being accessed.

This will be a really great application and web service once some of these issues are resolved. It's well worth taking a look at if you are interested in a tracking/monitoring solution for your Blackberry.,

Last edited by jastop; 03-15-2009 at 07:34 PM..
Old 04-03-2009, 07:45 AM   #118
ronlwm

Carrier: att
Unhappy Uploading BB rem files to GPSed

Can anyone tell me how to upload BB rem files to GPSed. I have tried converting to gpx but I get a "file from filename is broken. Please try another one."
Old 04-03-2009, 02:50 PM   #119
FF2
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

I seem to recall REM files are encrypted on the media card???? If you have your SD card password protected, that may be the issue. Or I am completely off-base and don't understand the issue.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:36 PM   #120
vaporeyes

Model: 8130
Default will GPSed work with 8130 verizon with firmware 4.5.077?

I'm having some issues with GPSed and i was curious if there's an explanation for the problem im having.

Let me start off by saying this program (GPSed v1.0.1 )(Verizon firmware V 4.3.***) worked for me before making any changes. Albeit, i had to use (and pay) for verizons VZNavigator and select "Follow me" to get GPSed to see and use my internal GPS, it worked.

I found out that verizon "de-crippled" their internal GPS on my phone and required me to upgrade to the current (V4.5.077) version of firmware for me to access my phones GPS functionality. I was EXTREMELY excited when i found this out, as i am an avid backpacker and have been using GPSed to track my excursions through NY's High Peaks searching for Slides to ride during the winter months.

However, since updating my firmware i have not been able to get GPSed to work, even while using VZNavigator like before. I've tried upgrading to GPSed newest version (1.2.1), still with the same results. I can't seem to get past the "Setup GPS Connection" progress screen and its really frustrating the piss out of me.

Can anyone tell me what the heck im doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Closed Thread