BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
Dragonatic

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Question Email and IM only vs data package??

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I currently have the blackberry bold (with rogers). I have the 15$ package that include unlimited emails and unlimited IM only. No internet (maps, facebook...). So, I would like to know if I should really go for the internet package? It will give me 500Mo of internet (emails, IM, facebook, maps.... all in all). Now I pay 65$/months and if I go with the 500mo package I'll pay 75$/months. There is only a 10$ difference but is it really a must??

How do you guys have your blackberry? Some people tell me that without internet package its useless but hey.. having my emails and being able to go on MSN is a nice thing... Why should I add the 500mo... Its not like if it was something really indispensable.... Who cares about going to twitter or facebook when I'm on the go..... I can wait to be at home, I'm not a nerd or like these people that need to "see who is online" everytime! lol

thanks!
Old 09-05-2009, 02:20 PM   #2
hrbuckley
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: LEZ10
Carrier: Rogers CA

Sounds like you answered your own question. It depends entirely on how you use it, or want to use it.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:31 PM   #3
Dragonatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrbuckley View Post
Sounds like you answered your own question. It depends entirely on how you use it, or want to use it.
Well, the thing is that for me, unlimited emails and IM and enough. BUT, sometimes (2 to 3 times a month...) I would like to go on internet to check important things (like my bank transactions of my tracking number from UPS...) but should I really pay the 10$ only for this? I can still check all those things at home but its cool to check them when I'm not at home.... lol
Old 09-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #4
oasissux
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: rogers/fido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonatic View Post
Well, the thing is that for me, unlimited emails and IM and enough. BUT, sometimes (2 to 3 times a month...) I would like to go on internet to check important things (like my bank transactions of my tracking number from UPS...) but should I really pay the 10$ only for this? I can still check all those things at home but its cool to check them when I'm not at home.... lol
It sounds like a WiFi capable device would be the perfect solution for you.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:04 PM   #5
Dragonatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasissux View Post
It sounds like a WiFi capable device would be the perfect solution for you.
I already have wifi on my blackberry but..... no wifi spot I can go lol
Old 09-05-2009, 03:51 PM   #6
monkeypaw

Model: None
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
but should I really pay the 10$ only for this? I can still check all those things at home but its cool to check them when I'm not at home.... lol
Seeing that it's your money and not mine, I say sure spend the $10 for this.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:08 PM   #7
hrbuckley

Model: LEZ10
Carrier: Rogers CA

Quote:
There must be a charge for ad-hoc web usage. I think on the pay-as-you go plans from Rogers it is 5 cents per page. I can't find it on their web site but customer service may be able to tell you what it is. Even if it is outrageous, if you are only using it a few times a year it may be less than $120.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:22 PM   #8
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
I would like to go on internet to check important things (like my bank transactions of my tracking number from UPS...) but should I really pay the 10$ only for this?
Again, it's a subjective judgment call that you have to make.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:45 AM   #9
igbastian

Model: 8900

Quote:
if I go with the 500mo package I'll pay 75$/months. There is only a 10$ difference but is it really a must??!
There is also the option of $15/month for 50mb on Rogers, which is never talked about for some reason. At least that is what I'm on. Most people will tell you that you won't ever get close to 500mb in a month. Only 50 might not be very much but if you go over it costs 3cents per mb so on the off chance that you do reach 500mb your data will cost around $25 a month anyways, although usually you will be way under that.
Closed Thread