Old 10-19-2006, 11:21 PM   #21
zenxacred
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

don't forget to change this line in the backup script:

xcopy "G:\*" "C:\MicroSDBackup"

to the drive letter that the blackberry pops-up in. (mine is the I:\)
Old 10-20-2006, 09:45 AM   #22
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks krad for this script.

~MrKyoo
Old 10-20-2006, 12:44 PM   #23
krad
No longer Registered.

Model: 0000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKyoo
Thanks krad for this script.

~MrKyoo
np... i am all about sharing.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:37 PM   #24
CivilE
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: tmo

Sweet!!! Thanks Krad!

:cheers:

CivilE
Old 10-20-2006, 02:52 PM   #25
Wavshrdr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: t-moron

krad- you rock! You saved me some time of writing of doing something similar. I just edited your batch file to reflect what I want to backup and it worked very smoothly. Kudo to you! This should be a sticky. I am sure someone here won't be able to figure out how to edit something and will whine that it doesn't work.

If you can't figure out how to make it work, go look at a library book regarding batch or command line commands and you'll have no problem following it. If you want it to back up your audio and video filels as well, just insert REM and a space before the lines before the echo commands so they look something like this.

REM echo .mp3>> c:\MicroSDBackup\excluded.txt
REM echo .avi>> c:\MicroSDBackup\excluded.txt

Then it will back up everything on the device or you could edit these lines to exclude whatever file types you want.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:00 PM   #26
krad
No longer Registered.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavshrdr
krad- you rock! You saved me some time of writing of doing something similar. I just edited your batch file to reflect what I want to backup and it worked very smoothly. Kudo to you! This should be a sticky. I am sure someone here won't be able to figure out how to edit something and will whine that it doesn't work.

If you can't figure out how to make it work, go look at a library book regarding batch or command line commands and you'll have no problem following it. If you want it to back up your audio and video filels as well, just insert REM and a space before the lines before the echo commands so they look something like this.

REM echo .mp3>> c:\MicroSDBackup\excluded.txt
REM echo .avi>> c:\MicroSDBackup\excluded.txt

Then it will back up everything on the device or you could edit these lines to exclude whatever file types you want.
np... I hack/mod/program anything i can. I would like to edit the script to run without the blackberry drive letter.... I will work on that.

Your post is an example of why i posted it.... it took me about 5 mintues to make and test the script.. but for others who are not as experienced, it could have taken hours. You really don't see excluded lists in batch files.. But with the right ideas and alittle knowledge, you can make cool things happen.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:11 PM   #27
Wavshrdr
Thumbs Must Hurt

I made a few changes to mine. I wanted to have explorer open up the actual directories so I added this to the end of the batch file.

explorer.exe g:\
explorer.exe c:\microSDbackup

First line invokes explorer to open up my "Blackberry" itself and the other opens up where my backup is at. You could add just one or the other. Change them to reflect your particular drive letter and configuration.

I like my change in that it opens up my BB so I can copy new files to it since if I invoke the autorun.inf file it just closes the DOS prompt after it is done and I still have to go to my computer to open it up. This way I can be lazy and save a step.

If I have time I may write a change that would list all files that are backed up and save it as a text file. Unfortunately I am so busy at work that I don't have much time for "play". Thanks again for the basic script krad!
Old 10-20-2006, 03:51 PM   #28
krad
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavshrdr
I made a few changes to mine. I wanted to have explorer open up the actual directories so I added this to the end of the batch file.

explorer.exe g:\
explorer.exe c:\microSDbackup

First line invokes explorer to open up my "Blackberry" itself and the other opens up where my backup is at. You could add just one or the other. Change them to reflect your particular drive letter and configuration.

I like my change in that it opens up my BB so I can copy new files to it since if I invoke the autorun.inf file it just closes the DOS prompt after it is done and I still have to go to my computer to open it up. This way I can be lazy and save a step.

If I have time I may write a change that would list all files that are backed up and save it as a text file. Unfortunately I am so busy at work that I don't have much time for "play". Thanks again for the basic script krad!
Yeah.. that is not hard to do, but what would the purpose be to have a file tell you what files it backed up? why not just look?

It is just a quick echo command to a new backupfile.txt I just don't see the purpose... But if you find value that is good.

The reason i made the script the way i did is because i am always nervous about loading programs that others create, if i were to have it load in explorer... people could get nervous and ask...what else is loading?

This way, the user has the right to load upon insertion... They can see that nothing is loading in the background... only invoked when they click on it.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:52 PM   #29
krad
No longer Registered.

It is friday 5pm... i am out like shout!
Old 10-20-2006, 04:11 PM   #30
Wavshrdr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by krad
Yeah.. that is not hard to do, but what would the purpose be to have a file tell you what files it backed up? why not just look?

It is just a quick echo command to a new backupfile.txt I just don't see the purpose... But if you find value that is good.

The reason i made the script the way i did is because i am always nervous about loading programs that others create, if i were to have it load in explorer... people could get nervous and ask...what else is loading?

This way, the user has the right to load upon insertion... They can see that nothing is loading in the background... only invoked when they click on it.
I have a lot of sub directories and it would take me longer to look down through the directories where I have files stored than to look at a quick list of text. I keep client related files attachments that I need to send and it is just sort of a safety check and to help with billing my clients.

I understand that some people would be concerned if they see explorer somewhere in a batch file but just running a batch file is a risk anyway.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:48 PM   #31
krad
No longer Registered.

Lightbulb Update

Added right click option "shortcut" to Blackberry Desktop Manager..... file updated on first post... here is a screenshot....

Old 11-16-2006, 06:01 PM   #32
Mandizzle
BlackBerryFAQ.com Moderator

Model: 9800
PIN: 2322E11D
Carrier: Rogers

Awesome looking script there dude. I'll get home later on and try this out first things first.

Thanks!
Old 11-17-2006, 10:44 AM   #33
krad
No longer Registered.

Anyone having issues excluding certain file types like mp3 and avi?

loveintheclub msg me a few times about it.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:14 AM   #34
kurrupt_1
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: 2159FC90
Carrier: T-Mobile

Nice work!

Last edited by kurrupt_1; 02-08-2007 at 08:48 AM..
Old 03-14-2007, 11:53 AM   #35
ducati

Model: 8300

Link to the file download appears to be broken. Does anyone have a copy this they could repost or send?
Old 03-14-2007, 01:35 PM   #36
krad
No longer Registered.

Since you resurrected the thread... i will go back and re-enable the link... Should be up in 1min
Old 03-14-2007, 01:39 PM   #37
krad
No longer Registered.

file is back up now. enjoy
Old 03-14-2007, 07:35 PM   #38
ducati

Model: 8300

excellent. thanks!
Old 03-14-2007, 10:44 PM   #39
Schneider