BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 12:20 AM   #1
GNemes
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint
Question Newbie to Blackberry ... Email Help please?

Please Login to Remove!

I'm struggling with my new Tour ... really struggling. I'm hoping someone can shed some light and offer me some tips and tricks? I'm starting to question my sanity here.

Okay ... I came from a Treo 755p. Had some 3rd party software that I really did like ... but bought a BB because of its sterling reputation as a business machine. Figured I could get used to the lack of a touch screen (the jury's out on this one still). But if someone could point me in the right direction on these challenges, I'd be most grateful:

1) I use MS Outlook with heavy customization on a Windows Vista platform. I absolutely must have all of my email ultimately land in Outlook so that it can be tied to client records. With the Treo, Versamail was configured to pick up messages and leave them on the server. Then Outlook was configured to pick up messages and then delete them from the server. In this way everything ultimately made it to Outlook and the server didn't get clogged up with old mail. How do I do this with the Tour?

2) Any email that was picked up on my Treo was read, responded to and then deleted. A cc of any message was automatically sent back to the server, which again was then picked up by Outlook. How do I automatically cc myself on anything I send thru the BB?

3) How do I create a custom signature for all email messages, replies, forwards for emails sent thru the BB?

4) My contacts in Outlooks are assigned multiple categories. How I do the same with the BB?

5) How do I rename/shorten/more easily identify my dialing shortcuts? Sometimes the shortcut should be ONE of the numbers for a contact ... like their mobile number. But I may have a home, business, other mobile #'s etc stored for them as part of their contact record. It would be most helpful to know immediately which number a shortcut will dial.

6) On the subject of dialing shortcuts, how can I easily just "choose" one rather than having to remember which key I assigned?

I think that's it for tonight. I'm hoping tomorrow will bring a bit less frustration to my learning curve.

Thank you!!
Old 08-15-2009, 08:05 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

First of all, I think you should read our FAQ. Several of your questions can be answered there. Once you do that, let us know which you need to have answered.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 08-15-2009, 11:11 AM   #3
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile

Here is the link to the FAQ:

BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 08-15-2009, 11:29 AM   #4
GNemes
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint
Post Hmmm, the FAQ's don't really answer the q's I have

Thanks so much for the response. However, I've read the FAQ's. Did so before ever posting here.

I did find the answer to most of the e-mail Q's -- it seems one cannot set up an auto signature, a BCC back to oneself from every message, or sync deletion from the BB itself. That can only be done by logging in to the Blackberry mailbox on the Web. This is such basic stuff. Why on earth would BB make this so convoluted? Good grief. Creating an auto signature should be an option when setting up the email acct on the BB, not by having to log into the Web! (nevermind)

Q's 4, 5, & 6 remain unanswered however. I believe I'll have to find a 3rd party software to handle my contacts and calendar with more depth than BB offers.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:40 PM   #5
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

You can set up a sig block on the BIS site. Edit each account. Its there.

You can also set up an auto bcc on the BIS site.

As for email sync, that is not possible using BIS. You need BES access for email to sync as you described.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Closed Thread