BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 04:33 PM   #1
nniguy

Model: 7280
Default Something to read email out loud.

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

My first post

Is there an application that can read off emails to you as they come in. I would like to get emails while driving and don't want to read them (I go on long trips).

Thanks.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:46 PM   #2
azf100
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nniguy
Hi,

My first post

Is there an application that can read off emails to you as they come in. I would like to get emails while driving and don't want to read them (I go on long trips).

Thanks.
I'll do it for $1000/hr !

There are several programs advertised here for voicemail to text (as an email), but I have not seen this. It would be very interesting if this was available.

Last edited by azf100; 11-02-2005 at 04:49 PM..
Old 11-12-2005, 05:46 PM   #3
andrebsd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703
Carrier: MetroPCS

Well this isn't practical unless your really a geek like me, lol.

If your car has rear wheel drive you can point a webcam to the center console; (if you dont have one, use the dashboard, but the center console is easyer to access the scroll wheel) put your bb down there with the screen on, then the webcam would project what it sees to a HUD (heads up display) on your car. You can now read your e-mails. Now if this is legal, I have no clue... and I don't see it being very safe unless your driving down desert roads alot or so.

I am in the process of making a system like this for myself; along with a webcam mounted between the glass and rear view mirror... incase of an accident I'd atleast have the ability to prove who's fault it was (weither its mine or theirs; if its mine i'll just admit it, got no issues with that) but around here, los angeles, you get plenty of people that come flying out driveways and stuff... I don't feel like paying the bill for their stupidity when flying around corners and not looking; so i'm going to have a type of blackbox system to record video of the outside and what the engine and brakes were doing. Then I can just submit that information on a burned cd made directly at the accident site (assuming the computer doesn't get destroyed, but in that case its being built to write to a 256mb thumb drive before going to the harddrive; as I almost expect to distroy the hd in a crash).
Closed Thread