BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 09:25 AM   #1
magmic
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Thumbs up Game Update

Please Login to Remove!

In September we awarded more prizes than ever before This month we have 3 brand new games to announce.

Omaha: An exciting variant of Hold'em poker, where you are dealt four hole cards instead of the standard two. Don't think you can play the same way; with Omaha, you can only use two of your hole cards to make a hand. Make sure you play the right hands, because with Omaha Hold'em, it takes the nuts to win.

Sudoku: A highly addictive blend of logic and deduction. The Rules are very simple: Each row, column, and 3x3 square zone must contain digits 1 through 9 without repeating. The numbers have no value and are treated more like symbols. Our version works without pen and paper by allowing you to enter assumptions of digits into multiple squares. Download new puzzles daily!

Proteus: Use the Proteus mecha armor to save Earth from waves of alien attackers. The alien fleet is vast and diverse: 16 attack waves, 11 different enemy ships from scouts to gunships. Huge Boss Battles could halt your advance into the heart of the enemy fleet, learn their attack pattern and attack their weak spot with everything you have. Use the powerups: shields, power weapons, and drone weapons pods to inflict maximum damage on the alien fleet.

All over-the-air downloads are at http://bb.magmic.com/

Texas Hold'em King 2

Poker Pros Contest: The Plunderer has been playing on weekdays from 1:00pm to 3:00pm Eastern Time. Busting him out earns you a $15 iTunes Music Store gift certificate.

November we introduce a brand new poker pro: The King.

Little is known about the mysterious man who goes by the name of "The King". Previously a sound engineer at a recording studio in Tennessee, "the King" was introduced to the game of poker by B.B. King during the mid 1950s. Almost immediately, he became the greatest poker player the world has ever known. His Hold'em prowess propelled him to wealth, celebrity, and the status of sex symbol, despite his insistence on maintaining a private personal life.

Sadly, all shining stars eventually fade away, and "the King" was no exception. After a successful run of tournaments in Las Vegas, "the King" disappeared without explanation in 1977. Shocked by his loss, the poker world was abuzz with rumors about their mysterious icon. Some said the mob got him, some said it was an alien abduction; others thought that maybe he wanted to flee from the public eye. To this day, people still claim that "the King" is alive and playing poker. They say that if you know where and when to look, you might even be lucky to play him in a game yourself...

Look for the King in the public tables from 2:00 to 4:00 Eastern starting Tuesday November 1st.

Last month's Street Cred winners are:

MIKEMIKE and chbak014 each won an iPod Shuffle.
Garak won a $50 gift certificate to the iTunes Music Store.
Dmailman, golferies, and khaos have all won Poker DVDs.

Telus Ad:
Magmic's Texas Hold'em King 2 is the topic of a Telus television ad in Canada. You can view the ad on Telus' site: http://www.telusmobility.com/coolstu...ertising.shtml

Breeder's Cup 2005

Online Competition in Breeder's cup has been dominated by two players this month: Jayroll has won his 2nd iPod Shuffle in a row for taking the top place, and Electra who's won an NTRA coffee table book. Congragulations! Starting in November prizes will be awarded based on the horse's owner. If you find you have two horses who earn prizes, only your top horse will win the prize.

November Contests:
Here's a summary of what can be won next month.

Texas Hold'em King 2: 2 iPod shuffles, $50 iTunes Gift certificate, Poker DVDs and as many $20 gift certificates as you can win by beating The King in the public tables.

Breeder's Cup 2005: iPod Shuffle for first. NTRA Gear for 2nd and 3rd.

Game On!

-Team Magmic
Old 10-26-2005, 10:01 AM   #2
Geo81

Model: 8830
PIN: 32BF8714
Carrier: Verizon

I downloaded Sudoku, but when i go to click on on new game it wont start??

BB8830 (Worldwide)
BB7130e RIP
[email address]
Old 11-04-2005, 03:28 PM   #3
ChrisPyLord

I have the same problem. No error message or anything. I have the free trial and am not keen to pay 9.95 until I can see how this app works.

Setup -
BES 4.0
T-Mobile USA
Handheld 4.0.0.185

Last edited by ChrisPyLord; 11-04-2005 at 03:31 PM..
Old 11-12-2005, 04:56 AM   #4
Amondra

Model: 7250

Wirelessly posted (BB 7250 Sprint: BlackBerry7250/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Proteus sounds pretty cool. What I'm looking for is like some kinda rpg.. None exist that I know of though
Old 11-12-2005, 04:56 AM   #5
Amondra

Model: 7250

Wirelessly posted (BB 7250 Sprint: BlackBerry7250/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Proteus sounds pretty cool. What I'm looking for is like some kinda rpg.. None exist that I know of though
Closed Thread