Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 10:33 PM   #1
KuikViper

Model: 7100i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Nextel
Default 7100i and MS Outlook

Please Login to Remove!

Ok im trying to sync my phone to my outlook. I cant transfer either way. When i click MS Outlook and click ok it tells me.

The file or database name associated with ms outlook is missing, invalid, or points to a file of zero length. Use the browse buttong to loate the file.

Thats the problem. I click the browse and nothing comes up.

Any Idea? Ever heard of this? I have MSOUTLOOK 2007

Thanks
email of repost will work
[email address]
Old 10-28-2007, 04:12 AM   #2
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuikViper View Post
Ok im trying to sync my phone to my outlook. I cant transfer either way. When i click MS Outlook and click ok it tells me.

The file or database name associated with ms outlook is missing, invalid, or points to a file of zero length. Use the browse buttong to loate the file.

Thats the problem. I click the browse and nothing comes up.

Any Idea? Ever heard of this? I have MSOUTLOOK 2007

Thanks
email of repost will work
[email address]
Meh? ... you using Vista?
Old 10-28-2007, 04:22 AM   #3
KuikViper

no XP
Old 10-28-2007, 12:59 PM   #4
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

What version of Desktop Manager are you using? Are you connected to an Exchange Server? What is the HH OS on the device?
Old 11-07-2007, 08:30 PM   #5
CourtneyK

You can get that error message for many reasons....here's a few-

1.The Folder Name field is not specified.
2.An incorrect login is used to access BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
3.Microsoft Outlook is not configured as the default email messaging client.
4.An unsupported Microsoft Outlook installation type is being used.
5.There is a corrupt Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) profile.
6.A Microsoft Outlook 2003 MAPI profile is set to use Local Cache Mode.
7.The BlackBerry device user has configured BlackBerry Desktop Manager settings to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server instead of the BlackBerry Internet Service (for service provider customers who use Post Office Protocol (POP) accounts with Microsoft Outlook).
8.BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.1 or earlier is installed on a computer running Microsoft Windows Vista and is trying to synchronize with Microsoft Outlook 2007.
9.The email messaging client is using Microsoft Office Outlook Connector.
10.There is a compatibility issue with Microsoft Windows Vista.

Here's ther Resolutions-

Resolution
Find the cause that relates to your situation and complete the step(s) for the resolution.

Cause 1

The Folder Name field in the Choose Translator window in Intellisync® is incorrect or not specified.

Resolution

Specify the name in the Folder Name field by completing the following steps:

In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click Intellisync.
Click Configure PIM.
Select the application you want to configure from the Handheld Applications list.
Click Choose.
Select MS Outlook from the Available Translators list. This prompts the Folder Name field to appear.
Click Browse and locate the correct folder in the Choose Address Book Folder window. For example, if you have chosen the Contacts application, locate the Contacts folder.
Click OK.
In the Choose Translator window, click OK.
Repeat steps 2 through 6 for each application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cause 2

The BlackBerry device user is using an incorrect login to access BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Resolution

Ensure the BlackBerry device user is logged in to BlackBerry Desktop Manager using the correct user account when configuring the organizer data applications.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cause 3

Microsoft Outlook is not configured as the default email messaging client.

Resolution

Ensure that Microsoft Outlook is configured as the default email messaging client by completing the following steps:

On the Start menu, click Settings > Control Panel.
Double-click Internet Options and select the Programs tab.
Select Microsoft Outlook as the default in the Email, Calendar and Contact List drop-down lists.

Cause 4

An unsupported Microsoft Outlook installation type is being used.

Resolution

Microsoft Outlook is installed for Internet email messaging only. BlackBerry Desktop Manager software requires that Microsoft Outlook be installed in corporate or workgroup mode for the proper Microsoft Windows Messaging Subsystem to be installed.

Reconfigure Microsoft Outlook to use corporate or workgroup mode. For instructions on how to change the Microsoft Outlook installation type, see article 195507 in the Microsoft Support Knowledge Base.

Note: The Microsoft Outlook installation CD is required to change the Microsoft Outlook installation type.

Cause 5

There is a corrupt MAPI profile.

Resolution

Create a new MAPI profile and configure BlackBerry Desktop Manager to use the new MAPI profile. For instructions on how to create a new MAPI profile, see article 195718 in the Microsoft Support Knowledge Base. Once the new profile has been created, you must configure BlackBerry Desktop Manager. To perform this task, see KB03650.

Cause 6

Microsoft Outlook 2003 is running with the MAPI profile set to use Local Cache Mode.

Resolution

Disable Local Cache Mode in Microsoft Outlook.

Cause 7

BlackBerry Desktop Manager settings are configured to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server instead of the BlackBerry Internet Service (for service provider customers who use POP accounts with Microsoft Outlook).

Resolution

Configure the BlackBerry Desktop Manager settings to the BlackBerry Internet Service. To do this, go to Add/Remove programs, modify the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software.

If prompted for the installation file, insert the CD. For customers who do not have BlackBerry Desktop Manager software on the computer, guide them to download the installation file and modify the settings.

Cause 8

BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.1 or earlier is installed on a computer running Microsoft Windows Vista and is trying to synchronize with Microsoft Outlook 2007.

Resolution

Download and install the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager from BlackBerry - BlackBerry Support | Knowledge Base, Product Documentation Software & Support Programs.

Cause 9

The client is using Microsoft Office Outlook Connector. Intellisync® is unable to make a connection to any message store for synchronization because Microsoft Office Outlook Connector does not store any information in a PST file or a Mailbox. The BlackBerry device user's data files appear as unavailable in Control Panel > Mail > Change > Data Files.

Resolution

Remove Microsoft Outlook Connector; using it is an unsupported configuration.

Cause 10

A compatibility issue exists with Microsoft Windows Vista.

Resolution

For information, see article 933305 in the Microsoft Support Knowledge Base.

Hope that helps.

Courtney
Complex Tech for Nextel
Closed Thread