Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 03:07 AM   #1
cocoaone
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100t
Default Instant Messaging with 7100t on ROGERS

Please Login to Remove!

Hiya Fellas !!

last I posted, i was having trouble with my BB, and have since sent it back to the states for repair and received a new one under warrranty. I was busy this month so i was slow to connect the service and all, but have recently done so through ROGERS network in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

a large part of why i got my Blackberry has to do with instant messaging. and so far, I have not been able to get any instant messenger to work properly. I use MSN mainly so thats the only one im actually cincerned with. Ive tried everything in the posts i could find, but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated folks.... PLEASE help me get an IM program up and running. Ive disables my firewall and set my APN in the TCP settings to internet.com with no password... i still cant get any of the programs to connect
Old 11-09-2005, 05:57 AM   #2
_driver
No longer Registered.

Model: 7520

you can to try tcp or http connection type in IM+ or use WAP connection type
Old 11-09-2005, 06:01 AM   #3
SHAPE Online
No longer Registered.

Model: 7100

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoaone
Hiya Fellas !!

last I posted, i was having trouble with my BB, and have since sent it back to the states for repair and received a new one under warrranty. I was busy this month so i was slow to connect the service and all, but have recently done so through ROGERS network in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

a large part of why i got my Blackberry has to do with instant messaging. and so far, I have not been able to get any instant messenger to work properly. I use MSN mainly so thats the only one im actually cincerned with. Ive tried everything in the posts i could find, but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated folks.... PLEASE help me get an IM program up and running. Ive disables my firewall and set my APN in the TCP settings to internet.com with no password... i still cant get any of the programs to connect

Dear user!

Please see here
http://www.shapeservices.com/eng/faq/bb_tcp.php#rogers

SHAPE Online
www.shapeservices.com

Last edited by SHAPE Online; 11-09-2005 at 06:05 AM..
Old 11-17-2005, 01:47 AM   #4
cocoaone

Default Thanks guys :)

I fixed my issues with rogers. my instant messaging seems to be working great.
now i just need to choose which instant messenger im going to use on a regular basis. im currently trying out verichat, im+, and yak-on. Im assuming the rest is based on which app i like the most.... well have to see then, wont we
Old 11-17-2005, 03:22 AM   #5
_driver
No longer Registered.

Model: 7520

IM+ is a best choice for me, it has many features and new features are constantly implemented
Old 11-18-2005, 07:16 PM   #6
cocoaone

hmm... so far im debating between verichat and im+ and i didnt get to try verichat for too long as the trial is only a day i beleive but from using it for that while i found it was very fast, efficient, no lags or timeouts and seemed a very good choice. the user interface (menus, etc.) could use some work but thats okay
im + which ive been using for a couple days now seems less stable, and seems to have alot of lag receiving messages althouhg messages sent dont lag much at all. the interface is a bit cleaner too... hopwever the instability (sometimes itll say im online when ifact im not) is bothering me though...

so onward in my quest to find the best IM proggie !!
Old 11-22-2005, 11:00 AM   #7
cocoaone

thought id post a quick update in relation to my instant messaging endevours: verichat and IM + seem to work very well, with verichat seeming a little more stable. cant get yak-on or webmessenger to connect, and quick im really sucks. havent tried berryvine yet....
Closed Thread