Old 09-06-2009, 11:00 AM   #1
andyffer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Should I get it now or wait?

Please Login to Remove!

What is your guys' opinion on getting the Tour? Should I get it now and just put up with having to take it back and getting a new phone come that time? Or do you think this problem (trackball and such) will be fixed within a few months (around December 25th lol)
My parents are fine with getting it now and are ready to, but if you think they will or if BB or Verizon has said anything about them fixing these issues within a few months, then I will just wait and have them get it as a Christmas gift.

If you have ANY input just go ahead and tell me

Thanks

Last edited by andyffer; 09-06-2009 at 12:41 PM..
Old 09-06-2009, 11:25 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

That really has to be your call. You know how much you need/want it.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 09-06-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
angieth08
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Sprint

Remember, not everyone has that problem. I've not encountered any issues with my Tour and I got mine the week they launched. At one point, I believed I had a battery life issue, but then I realized that once the battery was so drained, I had to use the wall charger to charge it back up.

Don't let the gripes deter you. At this stage, yours will probably be from the "better batch".
The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. ~ James 5:16
Old 09-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #4
dimi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none
Carrier: Sprint

Had the Sprint Tour for two weeks. Both my wife and I got one. We are thrilled with it. NO hardware issues.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:25 PM   #5
mhellgeson

PIN: 30C21665
Carrier: Verizon

i have had mine a few days, i haven't had any problems. I have read the problems that some people have been having, and yet i haven't ran into any. But i think this site can help with most problems with the phone. Its a great phone overall and looks great, just use a screen protector (i sugguest a HD one) and a cover, this phone scratches easily.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:41 PM   #6
andyffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
That really has to be your call. You know how much you need/want it.
I said I could wait till December if there were any updates or w/e coming out. I have no NEED for the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieth08 View Post
Remember, not everyone has that problem. I've not encountered any issues with my Tour and I got mine the week they launched. At one point, I believed I had a battery life issue, but then I realized that once the battery was so drained, I had to use the wall charger to charge it back up.

Don't let the gripes deter you. At this stage, yours will probably be from the "better batch".
Thats what I was wondering is if the better batch is out now.
I know its not a 100% sure thing but thanks. I plan on buying the upgraded battery thanks for your info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi View Post
Had the Sprint Tour for two weeks. Both my wife and I got one. We are thrilled with it. NO hardware issues.
Very nice..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhellgeson View Post
i have had mine a few days, i haven't had any problems. I have read the problems that some people have been having, and yet i haven't ran into any. But i think this site can help with most problems with the phone. Its a great phone overall and looks great, just use a screen protector (i sugguest a HD one) and a cover, this phone scratches easily.
I think Im going to get one this week. HD one? Im thinking of getting a privacy screen protector or is there something thinner? My mind has changed and IDGAF about the privacy thing
Old 09-06-2009, 12:55 PM   #7
mhellgeson

Quote:
I think Im going to get one this week. HD one? Im thinking of getting a privacy screen protector or is there something thinner? My mind has changed and IDGAF about the privacy thing
The HD screen cover makes the pictures more vivid. I bought mine at the local mall.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #8
andyffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhellgeson View Post
The HD screen cover makes the pictures more vivid. I bought mine at the local mall.
ScreenGuardZ+ HD Ultra-Slim Screen Protector for Blackberry Tour 9630 at MobileCityOnline.com
?
Old 09-06-2009, 01:00 PM   #9
andyffer

Im thinking what about one of these...
http://www.slipperybrick.com/wp-cont...evisormain.jpg

VERY attractive eh? hahahahahaha jk
Old 09-06-2009, 01:02 PM   #10
mhellgeson

lol very
Old 09-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #11
andyffer

So w/ Verizon am I able to buy a phone at the 2 year contract price and just extend my contract 2 years from that date even though I just got a new phone at the 2 year contract price?
Old 09-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #12
andyffer

well Im planing on ordering from here.. AmazonWireless

Here is my situation.. A couple months ago we got the buy a Samsung get up to 4 of the same free. So we did that.
I want to buy the BB from that link above and pay the extra $30/mo but will there be any charges from Verizon?
Old 09-06-2009, 02:03 PM   #13
mhellgeson

i got my contract in december last year, here it is september and i paid 557$ for my black berry and charger. full price because i was not elligible for a renewal. but i did get a military discount of 30%
Old 09-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #14
andyffer

here is the link of where i would get it. If I still have a 2 yr contract going.. nevermind just read my post above.

AmazonWireless
Old 09-06-2009, 02:44 PM   #15
ffejie
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW

I would wait to see if the Storm 2 is more in your liking. Storm 2 looks like it may be out in October. Additionally, we could see a new Tour in January - March time frame. Finally, there will be a software update (and OS 5) coming out this fall. It will be helpful to see if those fix some of the issues (battery life, trackball) that people are experiencing.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:58 PM   #16
andyffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffejie View Post
I would wait to see if the Storm 2 is more in your liking. Storm 2 looks like it may be out in October. Additionally, we could see a new Tour in January - March time frame. Finally, there will be a software update (and OS 5) coming out this fall. It will be helpful to see if those fix some of the issues (battery life, trackball) that people are experiencing.
No.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:36 PM   #17
andyffer

Old 09-06-2009, 07:24 PM   #18
andyffer

What about the "Total Equipment Coverage" for $5.99/mo if anything happens to your phone you can get a.. IDK

Quote:
"Get complete protection for your wireless equipment at a low price. Total Equipment Coverage combines the benefits of wireless phone protection (offered by third-party insurance providers) with the discounted Verizon Wireless Extended Warranty program. If your phone or accessories are inoperable for any reason xxx8212; lost, stolen, damaged or malfunctioning xxx8212; you can be covered. Coverage valid as long as you continue to pay for this feature option"
Old 09-07-2009, 11:36 AM   #19
GeoGiant
Thumbs Must Hurt

I've had my Tour for a month.... NO problems. I went from a Pearl to a Tour and have not looked back. Get it now.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #20
andyffer

Well I have a phone currently under contract. Would it make a difference if I got this one from Amazon? I dont want to pay a cancellation fee and not sure if I would have to or not in order to get the Tour..

I know I dont quality for the new ever two thing but that is separate from the 2 year contract. and again, what would it be if I got it from Amazon
Closed Thread