BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 04:46 PM   #21
tchao
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

i think Seidio playing everyone on this forum. push products on an "informative" concept and their prices are outrages
Old 11-13-2006, 04:48 PM   #22
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by krad
makes me wonder..... i wouldn't be surprised if seidio assists with hosting or supporting costs... their presence on this site is overwhelming.

i also wouldn't be surprised if phungy was an employee of seidio either.. the way he peddles their merchandise.
There's always a conspiracy theorist in every group.

And with that I am off to court. Duty calls, but I'll be thinking about you all [as they cart the defendant off to prison].

Footnote: I suspect the mods will close this thread quite soon. Too much negativity.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:53 PM   #23
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

I think Seidio presence on this site is MAINLY because this IS the best BB site on the net! They post knowing that they are hitting a HUGE BB audiance with a single post... And they DO offer discounts to BB members... I have never ordered from them and don't mind the posts BUT as stated it does / is getting overwhelming
Old 11-13-2006, 05:31 PM   #24
Szadzik
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead
I think Seidio presence on this site is MAINLY because this IS the best BB site on the net! They post knowing that they are hitting a HUGE BB audiance with a single post... And they DO offer discounts to BB members... I have never ordered from them and don't mind the posts BUT as stated it does / is getting overwhelming
I bought the Rubberized skin and got NO discount!!!

If they give forum members discount (say 10%) it's ok, but why bother this area of forum with product reviews and announcement when there is a special board for it?
Old 11-13-2006, 05:55 PM   #25
Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART
Carrier: at&t

Well...where to begin.

I, for one, spend little time in this forum, as I don't have a Pearl yet, but the thread obviously caught my eye.

Now...to address the points made here:

1) Seidio is a sponsor of this forum. So yes, they help "pay" for this site. But, they don't manage or moderate the site in any way. They just happen to be one of the few active sponsors on the boards.

2) Seidio, while doing product announcments and answering questions, do not post reviews of their own products. Reviews you see posted here are from other members.

Creating a sticky for one sponsor hardly makes sense. Just because they're one of the few active sponsors doesn't necessarily mean that they're the only one available.

For more info on the sponsors of these boards, go here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/blac...-com-sponsors/

3) I didn't realize how difficult it was to skip over threads that were clearly titled, and something you know you don't want to read. Noted for future reference.

4) Rarely do we run into an issue where getting new information about products quickly has been flamed. Guess there's a first time for everything. I just hope our sponsors don't think this thread speaks for the whole community when considering a new product announcement, freebie or discount.

EDIT: After looking through the 30 or so most recent threads, only ONE was a review (and I moved it to reflect such). One was a QUESTION about a case. Two product annoucements, and one special deal. Hardly "clutter", IMO, but to each his/her own...

5) There's never been a restriction on being able to discuss your 8100. Feel free to continue to do so.

And finally,

6) For someone so concerned with the "location" of threads and whether they're posted in the correct forum, consider the "Rants and Raves" Forum next time.

Cheers.

Last edited by Pizzle; 11-13-2006 at 06:07 PM..
Old 11-13-2006, 06:06 PM   #26
andrews240
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

I agree that, at times, I wish that I could filter all of the "SPAM" and just have the ability to view the good stuff. I think that a new products sticky is a great idea. But, if they are sponsors then its cool

Last edited by andrews240; 11-13-2006 at 06:09 PM..
Old 11-13-2006, 06:07 PM   #27
kasperapd

Carrier: AT&T

I for one, don't mind the threads being posted. I have found some of them to be informative, and others have been less than useful. With that said, it is not hard at all for me to just skip a thread altogether when I read the thread title and it doesn't interest me.

Please try a Search
Old 11-13-2006, 06:11 PM   #28
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Hey Pizzle

OFF TOPIC

BUT...

Love the icon... One suggestion tho... I was in our Narcotics Unit for 6 years and the proper spelling of 'word' for your gangster rodent would be W E R D

Old 11-13-2006, 06:14 PM   #29
Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead
Hey Pizzle

OFF TOPIC

BUT...

Love the icon... One suggestion tho... I was in our Narcotics Unit for 6 years and the proper spelling of 'word' for your gangster rodent would be W E R D

LOL...indeed.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:33 PM   #30
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzle
Well...where to begin.

I, for one, spend little time in this forum, as I don't have a Pearl yet, but the thread obviously caught my eye.

Now...to address the points made here:
Thank you for your fine post. Took time to write all that and I appreciated it.

Sidenote: And I agree with everything you said.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:36 PM   #31
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchao
i think Seidio playing everyone on this forum. push products on an "informative" concept and their prices are outrages
Sometimes a good ol' is all that is needed in response to a post.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:10 PM   #32
mrpg

Model: 8320

From what i've seen though Seidio doens't really peddle/push, its usually a 2way exchange... I live dangerously and have never though to get a skin/whatever so I dont pay much attention to those threads but what I have seen is seidio putting out product based on what you guys ask of em.

I'll see threads asking for somin specific and I'll see a seidio thread saying hey we now make your something specific... latest one I skim'd was request for skin colors...

Its not intrusive/obstrusive or annoying in anyway to me
Old 11-13-2006, 09:14 PM   #33
PaulQ

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

For the record... I entered Blackberry-land with the Pearl and find this entire 8100 board quite useful. I don't mind the variety of posts including those Seidio. One thread might be really long but I don't think there are dozens of them crowding up the list of postings.

So, count me as pleased with the 8100 forum in its current incarnation.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:28 PM   #34
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: iFone
Carrier: AT&T™

My fault. I apologize.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:29 PM   #35
SanFrancisco

I go out on a limb at the risk of getting flamed by saying:

I hope Seidio and other manufacturers do not get cold feet about announcing products in the general discussion area. I vote for them to keep doing so.

I enjoy seeing that there is something new for me to consider purchasing. I confess that outfitting my cell phones is an exciting process for me.

I recall when the Pearl came out Seidio was the only company with products made for the Pearl and their "solutions" were timely and essential.

For example, when I wanted to use my high end stereo headphones with the Pearl MP3 player, Seidio came out with the 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter, announced such on this forum, and I was able to get one.

When I wanted to get a protective, form fitting case, there were none on the market until Seidio came out with theirs.

When I needed a screen protector, I knew nothing about what was what until ShieldZone and Best Skins Ever came out and we were all made aware of them on this Forum.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:24 PM   #36
pawn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell

Quote:
Well...where to begin.

(snip)
I have no problem with your response, so read this with that in mind. However, there are several unusual things about this situation.

First, can I post in this forum commercial product announcements every so often , even if they don't "clutter" the forum? Probably not (unless of course, I become a spnosor?).

Second, whether you want to notice it or not, as a daily reader (and seldom poster), I can assure you posts from (that company...read below) stand out. Think about it: even if it's once or twice a week, and if someone (like me) reads the forum several times a day, it stands out.

Third, I notice the original posts have (that company's) name removed, for whatever reason. Out of respect for a great forum, I won't elaborate on this.

Lastly, I (and I suspect other people) despise hidden advertising in all of it's many forms. If I want to read (or watch or hear) your ad, I will, but allowing one (or some) advertisers to post amongst user threads is deceptive in the same spirit of television channels turning up the volume on commercials, or displaying banner ads during a show or newspapers printing "articles" that are ads, etc. Typically I decide not to buy from companies that turn to such devices, but I'm sure I'm in the minority.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:25 PM   #37
aekhhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr150
Is it my imagination, or is this forum designed to chat about our 8100 phones? Seems that I see so many case reviews/postings it's annoying. People/company's trying to sell their cases clog up this page! Anyone else annoyed with this?

Yeah, yeah...I'm guilty on posting too, but these have got to be moved to "product reviews". Where are the moderators???

Lately, PINSTACK has become my first choice of 8100 forum to read. I’m fairly confident I won’t see any changes here, however thought I’d share my opinion on this.

I agree with this! I'm tired of reading advertisements in the middle of a thread. I don't mind the advertisements off the to the side, but it is necessary to advertise right in the middle of a threat? Why not make an area just for the advertisers?

Also I agree about Pinstack! and no offense to the moderators here because I know you are helpful, but I felt very unwelcomed here where other boards, I felt welcomed. maybe thats just me, but I just feel very unwelcomed here.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:29 PM   #38
pawn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco
I go out on a limb at the risk of getting flamed by saying:

I hope Seidio and other manufacturers do not get cold feet about announcing products in the general discussion area. I vote for them to keep doing so.

I enjoy seeing that there is something new for me to consider purchasing. I confess that outfitting my cell phones is an exciting process for me.

I recall when the Pearl came out Seidio was the only company with products made for the Pearl and their "solutions" were timely and essential.

For example, when I wanted to use my high end stereo headphones with the Pearl MP3 player, Seidio came out with the 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter, announced such on this forum, and I was able to get one.

When I wanted to get a protective, form fitting case, there were none on the market until Seidio came out with theirs.

When I needed a screen protector, I knew nothing about what was what until ShieldZone and Best Skins Ever came out and we were all made aware of them on this Forum.
Fact is, you were also made aware of them in the appropriate forums.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:58 PM   #39
kasperapd

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:

6) For someone so concerned with the "location" of threads and whether they're posted in the correct forum, consider the "Rants and Raves" Forum next time.
This thread no longer has anything to do with the 8100 forum, and really needs to be moved please.

Please try a Search
Old 11-13-2006, 11:00 PM   #40
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawn
Fact is, you were also made aware of them in the appropriate forums.
Not so, matter of fact, I don't think I have ever seen the "appropriate forums" [whatever those are, as I do not even know the names of them].

I have Roboform automatic password insertion for all sites that require a password to log on. For BBForums, I have it set to open to the 8100 Forum and none other.

So I don't know on what you base your assertion that I have read other Forums.

Now if you are saying that the info is on other forums/threads within the site, I guess that might be an accurate statement, but I cannot say so for sure because I have not ventured there.
Closed Thread