Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 02:31 PM   #1
G-Unit
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 2610
Carrier: telus
Default Password Keeper Application

Please Login to Remove!

I have been using the password keeper application to store information on my 7250. I was wondering if someone knew if i could transfer the data on it to another blackberry?

I am looking at possibly moving companies, this blackberry is a company one so i would have to give it back, unfortunately, i have alot of info stored in this application. Just trying to figure out how to get this info transferred to another computer until I get a new blackberry... not sure if that is possible??

If anyone can help me, please let me know!
Old 08-12-2006, 02:33 PM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Yes, the backup/restore function does copy the Password Keeper data.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:41 PM   #3
G-Unit

how do I do a backup?

So if i am understanding correctly, i would do a restore of the application onto my PC, then make a copy of it until i get a new blackberry and then restore it?
Old 08-12-2006, 03:21 PM   #4
option94
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: 21BFC0A1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Wirelessly posted (Cingular 7130c: BlackBerry7130/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

You would make a backup of your blackberry, then restore it to the new blackberry.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:29 PM   #5
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Unit
how do I do a backup?
Desktop Manager, which comes on the CD with the BlackBerry and can also be downloaded from the RIM web site, has a Backup/Restore function built into it.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:41 PM   #6
adamlau
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: Sprint

Software Download for BlackBerry Support
Old 08-12-2006, 05:47 PM   #7
G-Unit

Thanks for the help guys!

So when i do a backup of my blackberry and reload it onto my new blackberry, I should not lose any information?

I will check my computer at work and see if i can do a backup. Then i will save the information onto a disk and reload it onto my new blackberry (assuming that is as simple as it sounds!)
Old 08-15-2006, 09:26 PM   #8
Going Crazy

Model: 7290

I am married to a lying cheating husband. He owns a blackberry 7290 which he has password protected. I would like to know if there is a way, software, key strokes or whatever which will allow me to find out how often he has been speaking to his girl friend on his blackberry,
thank you,
Going Crazy
Old 08-17-2006, 09:22 AM   #9
asnpcwiz

Model: 8700g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Crazy
I am married to a lying cheating husband. He owns a blackberry 7290 which he has password protected. I would like to know if there is a way, software, key strokes or whatever which will allow me to find out how often he has been speaking to his girl friend on his blackberry,
thank you,
Going Crazy
You my lady...need to get yourself a private eye and a good lawyer. The original poster is talking about password keeper which allows you to save all your passwords on your BB. What you are talking about is actually trying to break into his damn blackberry. But because I'm an evil bastard, here's an idea...call your phone company ;)
Old 09-05-2006, 11:50 PM   #10
G-Unit

Thanks for the information, very much appreciated. I found the application on my work computer, I will try to back it up. I am assuming others have done this, it helps alot, good to hear that all the typing i have made on my BB will not be all lost, especially my passwords! I hope this is no way of breaking this program, I'd hate my girlfriend to find my phone numbers of all my other mistresses
Old 10-19-2006, 02:23 PM   #11
Melody301

Model: 7100i
Default Password Keeper-Edit Label

Can someone tell me what is the purpose of "Edit Label" in the password keeper application. When I set up a new file and click on the scroll button an option called "Edit Label" was available. I don't know what the use or purpose of this is.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:54 PM   #12
rjw3000
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody301
Can someone tell me what is the purpose of "Edit Label" in the password keeper application. When I set up a new file and click on the scroll button an option called "Edit Label" was available. I don't know what the use or purpose of this is.
You can edit the label of the field you are in, so basically it allows you to edit the names Title, Username, Password, Website and Notes. So if you wanted to change the Username title to PIN or something else, you could.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:33 AM   #13
Postalrecon
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: N80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Crazy
thank you,
Going Crazy
that sounds like my old lady....haha

http://xninjax.vox.com/
Old 10-20-2006, 12:21 PM   #14
allthumbs

Model: 8700c

good luck on that lying cheating husband thing... lol I like to password keeper function...

PIN # 23D6DBDE
Old 11-14-2006, 12:42 AM   #15
G-Unit

Is it possible to view this application on the PC, rather than on the blackberry?? It wold be nice to be able to edit and read the same information without having a blackberry as well... just incase it gets broken or have not access to it.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:22 AM   #16
G M Fude
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: Telstra

A very valid point, G-Unit. For that, however, you'll need to purchase some add-on software. SplashID is one example of such. I've used it for over 5 years and on three different platforms (Palm, Windows Mobile, and now BlackBerry), and you can even sync multiple devices to your Windows Desktop -- for instance I currently sync SplashID with both my Axim X50v and my 7130g, seamlessly.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:03 PM   #17
bonzaiim

Model: 7100T

has anybody tried the new version of ascendo datavault?
Old 11-27-2006, 02:20 PM   #18
CrackRJack

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaiim
has anybody tried the new version of ascendo datavault?
I tried Data Vault and I like it a lot, specially the Tree Layout. I've had good luck with other applications from these guys. They seem to know what they are doing.

CRJ
Old 01-07-2007, 12:14 PM   #19
G-Unit

I have done a backup of my 7250, i will not be getting my new blackberry for another month, so I really hope all the data is transfered over properly!

Does it matter that I will be getting a Pearl instead? Does the backup/restore really matter which unit it is going to?
Old 05-10-2007, 12:34 AM   #20
kalyanb

Model: 8100g
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Program Manager

I am using Ascendo DataVault for last many days and I am really happy with the product. Before selecting the product I tried as many applications (trial versions) of similar kind as possible and finally I selected DataVault. The factors that make this product better than the most are as below:

1. Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) - Strongest in the market. It is not just password protection of the application, it is also data protection.
2. Asks for password even when you synchronize with PC.
3. Synchronization with PC is two-way and extremely efficient.
4. Good user control while Synchronization. You get dialog boxes asking for confirmation of the change.
5. Option for both Tree View & List view. Navigation is much easier with the visual aid offered by the tree.
6. Searching is faster than most of the other applications available.
7. Lots of configurable options.
8. Though you can take advantage of using existing templates but using templates are not mandatory while creating a new entry.
9. Exceptional customer support. Just email your queries ... you will get a reply.
Closed Thread