BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 07:28 AM   #41
dulcamara
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9810
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

I may have missed something. Is there a compelling reason for me to do this upgrade?

I have ok call quality, good volume from both the handset and the speakerphone, don't use blue tooth, don't care much about the caculator, and do not need to lose the link between voicemail and button 1.

I'll sit this one out.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:20 AM   #42
bweppner
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T
Unhappy

OK, I've done the Cingular 4.0.2.49 Upgrade. However, every time I connect to my laptop and run the BlackBerry Desktop Manager all goes well until the end. I'm stuck with a "Please Wait" window of Retrieving Certificate Information from the handheld. But, the bar moves to about 5% done and stays there. Looks like no certificate is there to retrieve??

Only way to stop it is by disconnecting the BlackBerry from the USB cable and then I receive an "Unable to generate Keystore Database" message. Also, the Blackberry (7290) is now locked with a "Connected to Desktop" screen. Only way to clear that is a reset or pull the battery.

Any Suggestions or help - please?!?

Last edited by bweppner; 09-30-2005 at 08:29 AM..
Old 09-30-2005, 09:06 AM   #43
geremy

Model: 7290
Carrier: cingular

It took me a long long time for it to go through that. It does move just VERY slowly.

I didn't lose the link to my voicemail. I had reassigned it to 'v' for voicemail though, because 1, (or 'w') is for work. ;)
Old 09-30-2005, 08:06 PM   #44
geremy

Oh, btw, there is now an icon on the home screen to indicate that you have missed a call. Another reason to upgrade.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:29 PM   #45
aldebaran
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9790
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Default Voicemail slot#1 back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
Go to the Speed Dial options and see if you can click and Restore to Defaults. I think that was what I did a few upgrades ago... Once you do that, remove el batterio and let it reboot again.
Not sure how to get there...
Through the phone options I have no SD options and, strangely enough the VM# is under the VM submenu.
Now I have the link restored; what I did: downgraded OS, restored settings, upgraded OS with auto bckup-restore and the link is back! Not really sure what happened since I restored settings before; rebooted couple times and the link is still there.
I remember seeing somewhere within settings a speed dial option, but cannot remember which menu was it.
Any help?
Thanks.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:12 AM   #46
kmoney25
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Default With 4.0.2.49 on Cingular MMS is missing?!?!?

Previously I used a T-Mobile BB Software upgrade and I recieved MMS capability. I just upgraded to Cingular's 4.0.2.49 and I lost MMS. I then wiped my BB 7100g, DLoaded T-Mobile's version of 4.0.2.49, installed it, and still no MMS. Anybody have any ideas?
Old 10-01-2005, 06:14 PM   #47
djkipnis

Same thing happend to me. MMS was working fine and when I loaded in the Cingular 4.0.2.49 I lost it. I call Cingular but they didn't seem to know anything
Old 10-01-2005, 09:27 PM   #48
trstack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800

I've had nothing but problems with this "upgrade"...I was on the phone with both Cingular and RIM for almost 2 hours...still no luck. They had me earse and reload the latest version 3 times and still my 7290 with an ATT SIM crashes every 5 minutes. I'd like to downgrade to the previous handheld software version I was using since March. Every time I attempt to load the previous version the newer version reloads itself. Any ideas on how to get the old verision loaded to the handheld?
Thanks!
Old 10-01-2005, 09:58 PM   #49
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

People never learn. If it aint broke dont fix it, if it is broken, then wait for the next person that has the same problem get it fix and then you try. This rush to load a new upgrade everytime one comes out always causes these headaches. And you wind up having to reload what you had in the first place that you were complaining about. New and improved is rarely so, dont be in such a rush, eventually they will clear all the problems and then you make the change, the problems you are having now that you are complaining about are nothing compared to the ones you always wind up with when you upgrade in a hurry before things have been fully tested and proven.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 10-01-2005, 10:18 PM   #50
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trstack
I've had nothing but problems with this "upgrade"...I was on the phone with both Cingular and RIM for almost 2 hours...still no luck. They had me earse and reload the latest version 3 times and still my 7290 with an ATT SIM crashes every 5 minutes. I'd like to downgrade to the previous handheld software version I was using since March. Every time I attempt to load the previous version the newer version reloads itself. Any ideas on how to get the old verision loaded to the handheld?
Thanks!
Go to the What If I Want To Downgrade? section here http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=1871
Old 10-04-2005, 11:38 PM   #51
mxpiazza

Model: 7100T

does anyone have the cingular 7100g OS 3.8 software so i can downgrade? please help!!
Old 10-12-2005, 08:33 AM   #52
emrys01
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: at&t

okay, what happened to all my syncing options?

i have two 7100Ts. in order to keep them both sync'd to each other, my only option was to use Schedule+. i just upgraded my phone to 4.0.2.49, that's no longer an option for me, when i go to the configure screen in Intellisync. in fact, for the addressbook, i have the netscape addressbook option, but for the other three apps, i only have the ascii importer/exporter... and that will only work in one direction or the other, but NOT for both (i.e., synchronization).

the whole friggin' point of having these things was so that my wife and i could keep our appointments and phonebooks sync'd up with each other. it'll pretty much suck out loud if i have to fall back to the 4.0.0 version i had been using, to be able to keep them in sync, again.

anyone have any ideas?
Old 10-12-2005, 09:15 AM   #53
emrys01
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: at&t

ick. i poked around in the new DT software folder, and found a text file declaring that Schedule+ support (amongst others) was removed. had to uninstall the newer DT software, and reinstall 4.0.33.

it seems i now have to manually start Schedule+, where it used to start automagically, but at least i can sync again.

ugly. a little warning about the change in syncing methods available would've been nice...
Old 10-17-2005, 09:09 AM   #54
headtailgrep
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 950
Carrier: robbers

Rogers appears to also have released this software version.

I'm going to give it a shot..
Old 10-17-2005, 11:26 AM   #55
Skettalee
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100G

Hey I am using v4.0.0.219 so id love to upgrade, but, I was having problems and watned to reformat it first. Is it possible to do that? Reformat and then install the new version, then install all other stuff id like. Just wondering if I can do that. BUT!! Right now, desktop manager wont recognize my phone at all. Its connected through USB and windows finds and loads it up fine. Will this cause problems or will the reformat and stuff fix that?
Old 10-18-2005, 09:16 AM   #56
t'nman

Model: 8700c

We have had nothing but problems with this release on the 7290's. We are on a BES and after the upgrade opening the calendar would freeze the device until the battery was removed. You can still view appointments thru BB Today, but don't attempt to select the calendar unless you want to hold the device in one hand and it's battery in the other.
We contacted RIM and now we are retreating to .219. to their bugle call.
Ugly, very ugly.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:41 PM   #57
tmj
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: VZW

I'm sticking with 3.8. So far it does everything I need, and bulletproof has always been better than bells and whistles. In fact, that's the main reason i have a BB and not a Treo.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:31 PM   #58
Zeus

I upgraded to this 4.0.2.49 version as soon as it came out.
Cons:
I had error messages when installing and it left the old version still active on my notebook. I had to manually uninstall the previous version. I had to re-enable my wireless sync on the calendar
Pros:
Faster web browsing. Not a single disconnect between my 7290 and my bluethooth headsets.

For me the Pros outweigh the Cons
Old 12-15-2005, 12:09 PM   #59
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoney25
Previously I used a T-Mobile BB Software upgrade and I recieved MMS capability. I just upgraded to Cingular's 4.0.2.49 and I lost MMS. I then wiped my BB 7100g, DLoaded T-Mobile's version of 4.0.2.49, installed it, and still no MMS. Anybody have any ideas?
MMS is a service book controlled feature.

Which means that you need an MMS service book entry (in Options->Service Book). That needs to be transmitted to you by the carrier. What probably happened is that the carrier turned off MMS capability for BlackBerry, and when you reinstalled the BlackBerryOS, you lost the existing service book which was no longer retransmitted by the carrier.

To fix this -- that's tricky. You might be out of luck unless you made a backup of your service books that you can restore.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Closed Thread