BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 11:15 AM   #21
mclifford973

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Please Login to Remove!

i just installed Jivetalk through the application loader. I am getting "program you are using is trying to close" messages. it does sync however then it closes. I will try a few of the suggestions here. Thanks!
Old 10-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #22
blakeatl
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
You can also try to disable the power management on all your USB ports. Sometimes XP will cause you heartburn on this. It is a bit of a reach and may not work but you can try it to see if the issue goes away. If you go to device manager and scroll all the way to the bottom, you will see the usb devices (USB Root Hub). If you go to the properties (right click) of the usb ports, there will be a tab available at the top that will say "Power Management". Uncheck the box that says "Allow the computer to shut off this device etc" on each of the USB ports and try plugging the pearl back in.

Also, I would check here on the forum on how to do a complete uninstall. You have to remove folders after the uninstall to remove all traces of the DM.

One asumption... You have Admin rights on your XP computer?
XP Pro or XP Home?

Also again: Also did you check Minimize on Opening when you installed DM? Check to see if it's on you windows menu bar as minimized. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

EDIT:
Check this link out. Maby JC Moderator here at the BB forums already has a link for this here. The link I have given you here is to a primer on how to do a clean un-install. Link here...

Good luck...

H.
Sorry for the late reply. I am set up as admin in XP Pro. I will look at the power management when I get home. I've uninstalled the program and cleaned the registry. I get this popup box that asks me to run commands as the program won't even install. Clean XP install is out of the question as I have too much going right now to do so.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:28 PM   #23
ozzyg.d

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

Hi, I'm new to the boards and I'm kind of experiencing this same issue. I have a Sprint 8330 and everytime I go to sync my Curve to update the OS it connects, and stays connected until I run the update. As soon as I get the update screen the BB disconnects from my computer. I cannot figure out for the life of me whats going on. Ive tried everything mentioned here in the thread and it just keeps disconnecting once the update initates. Any ideas? Sorry for the long post.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:39 AM   #24
ozzyg.d

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

Nevermind I was able to do another repair install and it allowed me to sync and install the new OS.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:18 AM   #25
Flash243

Model: 8100
Carrier: T mobile

im having problems with DM when i try to connect my phone it asks for Sim-Pin:23E96B46 password. how or where do i get this password?
Closed Thread