Old 01-07-2006, 10:20 AM   #1
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Default Major Problem - I'll be a Retarded Monkey

Please Login to Remove!

Yes I stole the title, but now my wife wants to steal my BB. After so much CR*P over the years to get off the thing, we are driving to Tahoe and she says let me try that thing to check my email. I am reluctant to try to explain it her while driving but I did, and she checked her Yahoo mail. She's been using it every day since. I think this is going to make me into a Retarded Monkey unless she gets her own. Good thing is I probably won't get hassled in the future, but I think the way it happened was amusing. AND we had EDGE almost the entire trip, just one no service spot the entire ride up.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:28 AM   #2
drgoodtymes
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Tour
PIN: 30D4E281
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
Yes I stole the title, but now my wife wants to steal my BB. After so much CR*P over the years to get off the thing, we are driving to Tahoe and she says let me try that thing to check my email. I am reluctant to try to explain it her while driving but I did, and she checked her Yahoo mail. She's been using it every day since. I think this is going to make me into a Retarded Monkey unless she gets her own. Good thing is I probably won't get hassled in the future, but I think the way it happened was amusing. AND we had EDGE almost the entire trip, just one no service spot the entire ride up.

You should just reply to her, its about time you listened to me for once. I know what I am talking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC5bVFduTRM
Old 01-07-2006, 10:33 AM   #3
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Default Yeah and my two dogs would love some company

sleeping in the snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgoodtymes
You should just reply to her, its about time you listened to me for once. I know what I am talking about
Old 01-07-2006, 10:37 AM   #4
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

My wife came home from the mall one day with a 7100t. She was a die hard Palm/Treo user for years. Loves the BB... Of course, it was all her idea.

Q: If a tree falls in a forest and no one is there, is the husband still wrong?
Old 01-07-2006, 11:02 AM   #5
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Default Of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
Q: If a tree falls in a forest and no one is there, is the husband still wrong?
But does it matter, cause when you're in the forest, no one is there.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:30 PM   #6
Toddboy71
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: tmo

<----- Husband, ALWAYS wrong....... ESPECIALLY while wife is 8 months pregnant!
Old 01-07-2006, 11:56 PM   #7
514HH
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700r
Carrier: Rogers

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Haha. Very true. Take advantage of the next month and a half Toddboy71. After that, silence will cease to exist. Congrats n good luck!
Old 01-08-2006, 03:04 AM   #8
dwlace01
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830

i hate to be cliche but cant live with them cant live without them. Women will always be right, and im sure like most everyone on this forum, i believe that i'm always right so it is often a problem but you can only learn to deal with it better you can never quite learn how to outsmart it.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:01 PM   #9
MichaelPer

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

It doesn't matter who's right or who's wrong, you're not in the court room (yet). Just calmly work your way to whatever goal you have in mind using your political skills. Remember to always keep your eyes on the ball. When the wife agrees with you, but thinks she came up with this all by herself - you've achieved the black belt level.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:09 PM   #10
lraed74
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S2

Just buy her a BB for herself so she doesnt keep messing w/urs
Old 01-10-2006, 11:31 AM   #11
shotgun

Model: 8700

Hey title stealer, since you're the Talking Blackberry Encyclopedia, can you assist? Here's the recap in case you forgot...I, like an idiot, accidentally on purpose, deleted the browser and javascript applications from the AVANCED OPTIONS/ APPLICATIONS page on my 8700. Of course now I can't surf internet. Our IT guy suggested I reset the phone then re-install the startup software as if from scratch, though, there is no reset button to be found on the phone. Cingular doesn't know what to do and there are subscription fees attached to Blackberry Tech Support. Any ideas? Please? I'll be your best friend.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:49 AM   #12
mbay2002
Thumbs Must Hurt

I'm not positive, but I think you just need to make sure you have the latest Blackberry Desktop Manager installed on your PC, then hook up the usb data cable linking your BB to your PC, open up the desktop manager, make sure your PC "sees" you blackberry, then under one of the options from desktop manager you should be able to re-install the browser.

And, of course, if you have made backups you'll be able to restore any other lost settings.

BB Desktop Mgr can be downloaded, here's the link I have:
https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
Old 01-10-2006, 11:51 AM   #13
kjaslow
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: Telstra

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun
Hey title stealer, since you're the Talking Blackberry Encyclopedia, can you assist? Here's the recap in case you forgot...I, like an idiot, accidentally on purpose, deleted the browser and javascript applications from the AVANCED OPTIONS/ APPLICATIONS page on my 8700. Of course now I can't surf internet. Our IT guy suggested I reset the phone then re-install the startup software as if from scratch, though, there is no reset button to be found on the phone. Cingular doesn't know what to do and there are subscription fees attached to Blackberry Tech Support. Any ideas? Please? I'll be your best friend.
You're probably going to need to reinstall the O/S. Not that big a deal, but involves a lot of explaining. For starters, you need to download both the handheld and desktop software from your cell provider's branded part of the Blackberry website. You should backup your device asap, because the last step of the reinstall is to restore your information.

The best place to get specific help for where to find this software, and possibly walkthrough assistance is to get help from your service provider. Make sure you talk to their "advanced desktop division" or equivalent, and not the normal CSR's who likely know nothing about Blackberry's. When you're on the phone with a live person, don't bother explaining the whole situation...just ask if you can be transferred to the group that specializes in Blackberrys...you'll avoid a painful experience for both of you
Old 01-10-2006, 04:07 PM   #14
Jelly Bean
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: torch
Carrier: at&t

stinson breakdown and buy her the BB...lol
Old 01-11-2006, 08:06 PM   #15
Toddboy71
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: tmo

Thanks 514HH! I am attempting to enjoy the last month.... Take care!
Closed Thread