BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 06:15 PM   #1
plisken
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100
Default How can I tell if my 7100g is unlocked?

Please Login to Remove!

I obtained the 16 digit lock code from Cingular and followed the "unlock" instructions below. How can i verify that the phone is now actually unlocked without having to put in a SIM card from a different GSM carrier?

Scott

To Unlock:
1. Power phone on and turn off radio.
1. On the Home screen, click the Tools icon. The Options screen appears.
2. In the tools screen, select the Settings icon.
3. Scroll to SIM Card and select it. You should see the phone number and the SIM ID number.
4. Type ‘meppd’ to display the first five levels of SIM locking. T-Mobile uses network locking so the Network should display Active. All other states should display Disabled
5. Type ‘mepp2? to display the dialog box asking for the unlock code (Press the Alt + 2 key to get the number 2)
6. Input the SIM Unlock code (16 digits provided by carrier)
7. Press ENTER and reboot handheld.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:42 PM   #2
phillyslickster
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
PIN: 242a22a7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Did you receive a message stating that unlock was successful? If not, the easiest way, is to insert a SIM card from another carrier. You can probably swap one from a friend or co-worker to test it. Otherwise, call Cingular and see if there's way to know that the handheld is unlocked without inserting another carriers SIM. I would think that those disabled states would now show that they are active or enabled if unlocked but that I'm not sure about.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:26 PM   #3
clamb

Model: 7100g
Default Who did you speak with in Cingular to get unlock code

I'm a Cingular voice service subscriber. I received 7100g as a present and want to unlock. I called up Cingular and the guy I spoke with told me that the model is too new and couldn't make the request in his system to get the code because 7100g is not in the list of models in the computer system. I suspect I was talking with the wrong person. Can you tell me who did you speak with and how did you make them give the code to you. I read from the forum that they would not give out the code. How long did it take them to give the code to you?

Thanks in advance
Closed Thread